Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
The first poll got me thinking about what a myriad of professions we all work in! So now I'm wondering what your dream job would be.

For me, it would be to be the editor of a major metropolitan newspaper. I want to be Perry White, and have everyone answer to me. wink Back in high school, I read some statistic that there aren't any female editors-in-chief of the top 25 papers in the U.S. I don't know if that's still true, but if it is, I am SO going to shatter that glass ceiling.

A girl can dream, right? blush

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I want to be "just" a stay at home mom. Instead of a work at home mom like I am now.

With money.

Which I don't really have right now.
Carol

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
When I was at home, I wanted to work! Now, I work and wish I'd been at home! wink

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Top Banana
Top Banana
I want to be an audio book narrator. I've even done some research about how to go about it . . .

I looked up audio book publishers, and contacted a couple of them to see where they get their narrators. One of them contacted me back, saying that they usually either get narrators from agencies or hold their own auditions.

So, I looked up voice talent agencies (I'd never be able to even HEAR about an audition for that company, much less get to it--the company's in Salt Lake City, and I'm in Maryland), and the best I could find was that they wouldn't even consider me until I'd had drama training and dialect training.

Well, in high school, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, but I knew I liked music, computers and reading, so I took a lot of band, computer classes, and English. Drama was not in my schedule, although both of my sisters took the class.

The community college I go to when I need to learn something (or go insane) has a very SMALL drama department (like, two to six courses, at the most), and I've tried to find dialect training/classes near where I live, but I can't even find that many online, much less in the physical world!

It's just so frustrating! I finally know what I want to do with my life, but I don't even know how to get the training I need to do it! mad

Not to mention, I don't have the money for the training either. frown

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
Go for it, Darcy. I thought your voice did well on the narration of those fics you did.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
As a child I changed my mind so many times. My longest one was journalism like Lois (and in some ways Lois and Clark did inspire me). I love animals too so a zoo vet or just a vet would've been nice too, but I'm allergic so that crashes out :p

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I would love to be a stay at home mom if the guy I end up with can afford to support our family without my income.

However, I also want to be a special education teacher (resource, learning centre, that kind of thing). Along with that I want to take training in crisis intervention and grief counselling.

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by woody:
Go for it, Darcy. I thought your voice did well on the narration of those fics you did.
Thanks, Woody. I just don't know HOW to go about it.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
I just don't know HOW to go about it.
Check if something like this is useful... Online Courses smile

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I haven't the slightest idea what my dream job is. Which is really sad, now that I think about it.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Probably making greeting cards and wrapping paper for Hallmark...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by MrsMosley:
I haven't the slightest idea what my dream job is. Which is really sad, now that I think about it.
I'm with you there!

There are lots of things I'd be equally satisfied with and good at doing, but there's nothing that grabs me by the throat and says ME!ME!ME! Which is why I'm floating around in career limbo at the moment. frown

And I'm not the type to try 17 different things til I find the right one. frown

help New year's res: Be brave.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Top Banana
Top Banana
There are lots of things I'd be equally satisfied with and good at doing, but there's nothing that grabs me by the throat and says ME!ME!ME! Which is why I'm floating around in career limbo at the moment.
I was in career limbo (well, knowledge-about-what-I-want-to-do-wise, anyway) until I was 21 (I'm 24½ now). So, I never took any classes in high school which would have helped me with the career I now know that I want, and playing catch-up now, when I have to pay for schooling is extremely difficult.

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
I recently turned 31! goofy ) or selling stuff.

Or maybe I should try it?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Merchandising is more planning what displays should look like and stuff than actually selling the stuff to people, I think. You might like it.

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm... maybe...ok, I'll investigate further...

How can anyone tell anything from those tests though, when they ask you:

Would you rather:
a) Vacuum a house
b) Change the oil in a car
c) Cook Christmas dinner for 12

???

Where's d) none of the above? huh

Oh well, work beckons.

Kerth
Kerth
What I'd like to be is a full-time author, but I sort of like to eat too. My game plan at the moment is to take retirement as early as I can and still get a full pension, which is in about 7 years and a bit, then see what I can do to get my writing career moving again.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think I maybe mentioned my dream job in the other thread but here it is again.

I want to travel for a living and get paid for it! Whether it's a show where they follow me around while I try all these new things or I could just write about them. Don't see that happening though cause it'd be kind of hard to do with a family... Unless they traveled along for free too. huh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'd love to be either a housewife, personal massage therapist to Mr. Dean Cain, or a bounty hunter. Yeah, I know that bounty hunter thing sounds extreme, but really, bringing in the bad guys and being allowed to carry heavy weaponry while doing it tingles me almost as much as being Dean Cain's massage therapist drool .

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Oooo yeah the author thing for me too. Maybe when I'm 'just' a SAHM I can work on my great American novel [and fanfic too of course] some more. I actually have 20 pages of one done and 7 pages of another... the first one has an outline done and was originally a l/c fic but I ditched that part of it a while ago [though I suppose I could turn it back into one if I ever wanted to...]. Ah... it had a great Clark and Rachel wedding too... wink Was it Rachel? Or maybe it was an original character... devil

Carol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard