Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Trinity Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Aww, thanks for the concern everyone. Don't worry. I have an extremely low tolerance so I will definitely be careful and take care of myself.

I'm planning on spacing out all these drinks everyone has mentioned throughout the rest of the summer before I go back to school. I'm not going to risk cramming them into one day, haha.

No worries,
-Trinity

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'm not usually a fan of mixed drinks, but White Russians are pretty good. Made with milk and... um... something else.
Kahlua and vodka. Or you can sub rum for the vodka and call it a White Puerto Rican. I know squat about alcohol but this one I know because it is my standard drink. Although I like fruity stuff, too.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Happy 21st for Sunday! I don't really drink anymore (ironic as I'm not even a year older than you, but the legal drinking age in the UK is 18), but I used to love a jack daniels and coke or baileys on ice (although most of my friends don't like either!)

Trinity Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Birthday starts tonight at midnight.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and birthday wishes!

-Trinity

++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Kerth
Kerth
I wish you an happy coming-of-age celebration. Have a fine party - and an even finer year!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I’m another of those people who don’t drink alcohol anymore, but my favorite was always the good old fashioned Frozen Margarita (but I have to confess it was the salt more than anything I love, which might explain my high blood pressure).

Other than that I have drank and often enjoyed Amaretto sours (which always reminded me of an orange slush puppy for some reason), Sex on the Beach, and the Zombie.

On a side note though I have to chime in with the obligatory PSA about being careful not to overdo it or drive after drinking. I know, I know, I sound like an old fuddy duddy, but part of my job also includes running a DUI program and I think it’s made me more sensitive to the things and situations that can happen to even the most usually dependable of people. An ounce of prevention now…etc. etc. Just keep yourself safe. A birthday is a day to celebrate not regret later.

Oh God, I’m sounding like your dad now aren’t I? Sorry, just a little transference as I think of my daughter in a few years…

Other than that, just make sure you have a dependable designated driver, don’t overdo the drink selection, and don’t hit on someone else’s significant other…unless they are drop dead gorgeous and you’re pretty sure you can take the other person in a fight…or at least run faster than them. laugh

Oh, and have fun. Happy 21st!!!!!!

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
Trinity Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
On a side note though I have to chime in with the obligatory PSA about being careful not to overdo it or drive after drinking. I know, I know, I sound like an old fuddy duddy, but part of my job also includes running a DUI program and I think it’s made me more sensitive to the things and situations that can happen to even the most usually dependable of people. An ounce of prevention now…etc. etc. Just keep yourself safe. A birthday is a day to celebrate not regret later.

Oh God, I’m sounding like your dad now aren’t I? Sorry, just a little transference as I think of my daughter in a few years…
Haha, thanks for the words of wisdom, Michael. Don't worry, I'm planning on becoming a cop after I get my degree so I'm not going to do anything stupid that might screw that up. wink

++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ahhhh...law enforcement. That was my path once upon a time. My undergrad was in Sociology with a minor in Corrections. I even took the civil service exam for the US Marshall service shortly before I was offered my first job in mental health. Being young and dumb I felt a job in the hand...etc. etc. Now 17 years and a masters degree later I still end up spending lots of time around jails, judges, and police officers I just don't get to shoot people that irritate me. Well...not legally anyway. laugh

Ought is a word of duty
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Woops, here I'm 13 minutes late, it's already July 2nd! But happy 21st! Hope you won't have too much of a hangover goofy

As for the drink suggestions - I wouldn't know, because I don't drink. I'm happy with my coca cola's and don't need chemicals to have a good time wink

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Trinity Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Michael:
Ahhhh...law enforcement. That was my path once upon a time. My undergrad was in Sociology with a minor in Corrections. I even took the civil service exam for the US Marshall service shortly before I was offered my first job in mental health. Being young and dumb I felt a job in the hand...etc. etc. Now 17 years and a masters degree later I still end up spending lots of time around jails, judges, and police officers I just don't get to shoot people that irritate me. Well...not legally anyway. laugh
Yeah I'm double majoring in Criminology and Sociology. I was minoring in Psychology (I had it in my head that I wanted to be Clarice Starling) until I realized that my sociological instincts and way of thinking were seriously conflicting with it so I dropped it. If all goes well I'll be testing for Chicago PD shortly after graduation. But, we'll see...

++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Trinity:
Yeah I'm double majoring in Criminology and Sociology. I was minoring in Psychology (I had it in my head that I wanted to be Clarice Starling) until I realized that my sociological instincts and way of thinking were seriously conflicting with it so I dropped it. If all goes well I'll be testing for Chicago PD shortly after graduation. But, we'll see...
Cool Congrats,

I'm unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) not quite at the Clarice Starling level. The only criminals I deal with usually are the severely mentally ill ones, the suicidal ones, or the substance abusing ones. I have gotten to meet a few rather interesting sociopaths from time to time though. I was trying to make a point with a guy in group once (I don't even remember what the point was now) and I asked him how many people he had murdered. His answer was "Four...uh...wait, three. One of those was in prison so he doesn't count." The group found that hilarious. Me, less so. It did teach me about asking dumb questions though.

You do get to know a lot of the judges and police officers in the course of the work, however, and each time it brings back that old drive and questions of what might have been. But then I look at my wife who I met through the course of working for the same agency years ago and our daughter we now have together and once again I'm reminded of the lesson about asking dumb questions.

Best of luck and happy 21st!

Ought is a word of duty
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara