Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
DJ's Pirates disscussion thread gave the idea to post this here. It's a list I composed a few months ago, and put up on my LJ. I just thought I'd throw this out here. Feel free to add to the list! laugh

You Know You’re A Manic-Obsessive POTC Fanatic When…

1. You interject the word “savvy” into every third sentence that comes out of your mouth.

2. You find yourself having fencing matches with your nine-year-old brother using random coat hangers and foot rulers belonging to the aforesaid nine-year-old.

3. You can quote many of the scenes in Curse of the Black Pearl and nearly the whole of Dead Man’s Chest. In fact, you endlessly annoy the less-POTC-inducted people by voicing the script while watching the movies with them.

4. You endlessly annoy people by quoting POTC lines at them in and out of season.

5. You can even quote the bloopers in the Special Features section of the DVD.

6. You bug people who have not seen the movies by interspersing in your conversations, mysterious references to “jars of dirt”, “sea turtles” and rum.

7. You automatically go “Captain!” when reviewers refer to Jack Sparrow.

8. You shout things like “hard to starboard!” when in traffic

9. You nag people to go and see the movies so much that they end up refusing to out of sheer principle.

10. Nobody will ever be in a quandary about what to get you for your birthday. The POTC posters, bumper stickers, bed linen, bags, key tags, desktop, icons and T-shirts with sayings like “Sparrow is my co-pirate” and “I gotta jar o’ dirt and I’m not afraid to use it!”, might give them a pretty big clue.

11. You break out into a Jack Sparrow-style walk occasionally, and at times, involuntarily.

12. You are pretty militant and inflexible about your ship. Johnny Depp is way too old for Keira Knightley, after all, Captain Sparrow or not. And don’t even get started on Sparrow/ Norrington….

13. You attempt to organize military coups against Elizabeth/ Norrington shippers.

14. You rewind the end credits of Dead Man’s Chest over and over and over and over again, just to hear the amazing swashbuckler of a sound track. And then your own sister starts giving you a wide berth.

15. You know that there’s a scene at the very end of the credits of each movie, that refer to the fate the animals. We see Jack the monkey again becoming undead by pilfering a coin out of the cursed chest at the end of CotBP, and we see that the cannibals have made the jailer’s dog their chief at the end of DMC.

16. You knew to watch out for them in the first place because you have memorized the Wikipedia pages on everything regarding the movies. You regularly check the Wikipedia page on At World’s End to find out whether there’s any new info on the upcoming movie.

17. You won’t let your friends watch the movies before informing them that the looks of astonishment on everybody’s face at seeing *ahem* descended from the stairs in Tia Dalma’s hut at the end of DMC were completely genuine. Gore Verbinski told everybody to expect Annamaria. Also that the scene where Elizabeth kisses Sparrow was purposely deleted from Orlando Bloom’s script, for much the same effect. So that flabbergasted look on his face is 100% genuine.

18. You know that Ragetti is Pintel’s nephew.

19. You will not let the uninitiated watch DMC without watching CotBP first; neither can you bear to part with your own copy. Therefore you invite people to watch it with you without any qualms about you being able to sit through it for the twelfth time. Or you blow your allowance buying copies for people who won’t bother watching it for a month after you’ve given it to them.

20. You kiss your POTC DVDs every time you rearrange the DVD rack.

21. You’d rather watch Pirates of the Caribbean than Lord of The Rings. (Blasphemy!)

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Hasini!!! That is hilarious.

And don't think by my other thread that I'm not a huge fan. I totally am. I've seen the first movie at least 10 times and I've watched all the extras. I think I've seen the 2nd one 4 times. I own both soundtracks (the musical score is awesome).

But I was always a big believer in the Will/Elisabeth romance. Don't get me wrong, I loved Jack and he is my favorite character, but part of what had me hooked was the Will/Elisabeth romance. And before reading some of your additional commentary (and the stuff I found on line) I felt really REALLY cheated by the ending.

I feel sorry for people who don't have internet access to be able to find out what's going on. The producers/directors/editors should have done a better job explaining things in the movie itself. That's my only complaint. But I can't wait for the DVD to come out where they'll hopefully rectify that little complaint.

-- DJ laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hehe this is so funny lol laugh laugh

And many of these do soo apply to me blush I'm sure I watched the first movie over 30 times (yes, I used to be a huuuge fan of Orlando Bloom's... until I discovered LnC... wink ) and the 2nd and 3rd maybe 3 times each. Should organize a marathon again sometime soon wink (when the 3rd one is out on DVD)

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Over 30 times? Why so few? I think I've watched it that many times just in the past month! goofy

I've seen the third one 5 times now, and I would go back and see it again in a heartbeat if I could find someone to go with me!

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Does having a picture of Captain Jack Sparrow standing on the mast of his dinghy as my desktop picture for five solid years count? laugh

Sammy Sparrow (or would using his last name be better? wink )

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL
I've been one of thse who refuse to see any of them because my sis wouldn't stop talking about the first one

so on principle, I have seen not one JD or Kierra film since

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Beethoven, that is so sad. whinging You are missing something truly wonderful by not seeing Pirates.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I saw this thread had been resurrected and decided to share something with all you Pirates fans out there.

I don't watch too many youtube videos, but my sister had me watch one about Pirates. It is a music vid set to the movies with the song "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake. The beats are spot on, the scenes she used are perfect and all in all, it's just hilarious.

If you have about 3 minutes to spare, love Pirates (and a good, well-put-together music video) and just want some fun entertainment in general... then I encourage you to check out this vid on youtube:

Captain Jack is bringing Sexy Back

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard