Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Merriwether
Merriwether
Takes a little longer to get your award status, but worth it
Agree! I was happy I made it to Pulitzer, but the 'chase' was gone. Now I have something to work towards and I like it!

Seemed a bit more logical (and dignified!) to me...
Totally understand. Hmmm, the new ones are sooo cute smile

<b> goofy you want the good names.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Darn! I lost my Merriwether too . . .

But I guess Top Banana is okay. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hack from Nowheresville?! *shakes fist at title*

I resent that! Darn it, now I'm going to jump into the "raising my post number" bandwagon.

Grrr.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bad news: besides losing a Pulitzer and a Kerth, I've lost my Merriwether, too. [Linked Image]

Good news: I'm Top Banana! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Features Writer
Features Writer
wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooooh! I'm nearly Top Banana! laugh So expect a bunch of posts from me soon. wink

Sas

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
While I'm enjoying all of the new levels, I'm really confused. The number of posts don't seem to be adding up to the break down of them on the faq. With my 484 I should be a Columnist shouldn't I? And a lot of other people's levels don't add up. Am I missing something?

Now that I'm back from spring break, I better get on posting because I've got a ways to go now!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Darn, I lost my Kerth and Pulizter, too. Did anybody say why we changed things?

Minimunch3, I don't think the faq's have caught up with what is now being used. See Wendy's post (the fourth one down) on the 2nd page.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You'll find the answer to your question earlier in this thread, Nancy. They were changed because Woody suggested new titles and Karen, and others since, suggested what those titles might be.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
WHAT? I'm a Hack from Nowheresville?! I darn well am not! I may possibly be a hack from Rightheresville , but definitely not Nowheresville ! This is an offense against my countrymen! I demand to be promoted immediately! I shall complain to the UN and erect trade bans against you! See how good life is without Nike shoes and Dilmah tea, why won't you?!

dizzy

How can you weild such temptation in the face of such an innocent as me? mecry It's a sin, I tell you! Sin!

Hasini,
(who obviously needs a shot with a tranquilizer gun this morning)

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What do you want them reduced to?

LabRat smile

[Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
How about changing the increments between statuses so that they're all equal except for the first and last 3? Maybe like 0, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000?

That way, the newbies won't have to work TOO hard to get to their first two status marks, and the oldies will still have a challenge to get to the Merriwether, Kerth and Pulitzer while not losing hope that they'll ever get there.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Features Writer
Features Writer
0 Blogger
50 Freelance Reporter
150 Hack from Nowheresville
300 Beat Reporter
500 Columnist
750 Features Writer
1000 Top Banana
1500 Merriwether
2000 Kerth
2500 Pulitzer
0, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000
I think this is a good deal smile But I don't mind to be a Hack from Nowhersville - I like it wink

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Lady_Mirth:
WHAT? I'm a Hack from Nowheresville?! I darn well am not! I may possibly be a hack from Rightheresville , but definitely not Nowheresville ! This is an offense against my countrymen! I demand to be promoted immediately! I shall complain to the UN and erect trade bans against you! See how good life is without Nike shoes and Dilmah tea, why won't you?!

dizzy

How can you weild such temptation in the face of such an innocent as me? mecry It's a sin, I tell you! Sin!

Hasini,
(who obviously needs a shot with a tranquilizer gun this morning)
omg! that was too funny. rotflol rotflol

freelancers are below hacks from nowheresville? well im not complaining i like being from nowheresville we have very attractive guys with glasses over there.

I love this forum. Where alse would a question about member status ignite so much disscussion and the admins like us so much that they would change names so many times. (i lost count how many has it been?)

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Could someone post the most updated version of the titles? The FAQ show a list that doesn't match what I am seeing under the avatars.

This is what is shown in FAQ:

Posts Title
0 Blogger
50 Freelance Reporter
100 Beat Reporter
300 Columnist
500 Features Writer
750 Front-Page Journalist
1000 Merriwether
1500 Kerth
2500 Pulitzer
5000 Nobel Peace Prize Winner

malu

EDIT: OK, from the Directory, I can find what are the titles available (but not the number of posts required). Here they are, with the values in front to my guesses of minimum posts:

Blogger - 0 (interesting: there are about 1326 out of a total of 2036 users lurking out there with 0 posts wink )
Freelance Reporter - 50
Hack from Nowheresville - 100
Beat Reporter - 300
Columnist - 500
Features Writer - 750
Top Banana - 1000
Merriwether - 1500
Kerth - 2000
Pulitzer - 2500 or 3000? (We have only one Pulitzer with 3750)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner - have no idea (nobody in this level)

and the restricted:
Section Editor
Editor in Chief

Top Banana
Top Banana
freelancers are below hacks from nowheresville? well im not complaining i like being from nowheresville we have very attractive guys with glasses over there.
I think freelancers are lower because Clark was a freelancer before Lois called him a Hack from Nowheresville. smile

And where did the "Nobel Peace Prize Winner" status come from?!?

Darcy\'s Place
Features Writer
Features Writer
Probably from the "The Longest Road"'s second story, by Rac (it's a Trilogy; the third story is currently under work)? wink

We know that Lois/Ultrawoman got a Nobel Peace prize in that story.

malu

Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't think I've read The Longest Road. I meant, when was that particular title included in the status discussions? I don't remember seeing it before you included it in your count things.

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Because we were keeping it as a surprise for when someone reached 5000 posts. goofy

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Someone other than Labrat, that is...

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard