Beat Reporter
C
So sorry, Lisa, for you and your DH. frown

((hugs))

C.

#209621 01/13/07 04:23 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I talked to my friend who's moving out of her townhouse today, and I talked to one of her roommates. Then, I did some re-figuring of my budget, and . . .

I AM TOTALLY MOVING!

I'm so psyched, I can't wait! This is too cool! I'm 23½ years old, and this is the FIRST time I'll ever be living somewhere that my parents and siblings DON'T. hyper

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#209622 01/13/07 05:27 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darcy - clap awesome!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#209623 01/13/07 06:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome, Darcy!!

And trust me, if you need to cut back on the budget, all you need to eat is peanut butter. laugh Of course, I eat it like a banshee because I avoid cooking.

Oh, and DJ, just to round out my weird weekend (Tour de Weird, if you will), I can't tell whether or not my new bi-sexual friend hit on me during a blow-out party at our condo. God, that's so not progress! I should have gone back to McDonough's with Stacey and all of her old, creepy guys. <g>

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#209624 01/14/07 03:29 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}, Lisa - I'm so sorry to hear about Gandalf. I know many of us will have been in a similar situation at one time or another and will fully understand the pain and grief of losing a beloved companion. I had the same thing happen to one of our dogs many years, ago. I feel for you.

LabRat frown

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#209625 01/14/07 04:17 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
And trust me, if you need to cut back on the budget, all you need to eat is peanut butter. Of course, I eat it like a banshee because I avoid cooking.
That would be great advice, if I weren't allergic to peanuts.

I'm not REALLY allergic--just slightly--but the few times I eat anything peanutty, it's still a little bit of a nuisance.

One of my new roommates will need help buying things besides junk food, so I'm going to help her with that like the person whose room I'm taking.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#209626 01/15/07 05:19 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Gandalf the Grey ~ May 1998 - Jan. 15, 2007

[Linked Image]

Thank you for all your kind words.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#209627 01/15/07 05:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Lisa! [Linked Image]

I'm so so sorry. I didn't see this until today. What a pretty cat. I've lost several animals (cats included) growing up. It's always so hard. Hubby and I have 2 little Chihuahua's right now (one is 8 and the other one 5). Since we don't have any kids, it would be like losing a kid if we lost one of them.

I'll be thinking about you. Sorry to hear. <<<hugs>>>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#209628 01/15/07 06:51 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Lisa. frown I hope that you find solace in all those wonderful memories you and Gandalf built up together through the years and the companionship he brought to you and your family.

It sounds as though the end was swift, at least.

They're just never with us long enough, are they? frown

LabRat

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#209629 01/15/07 01:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, I'm sorry. I have yet to lose my first pet, but I'm sure it would be hard. You're just so used to having them around. Take care, I know has to be empty around the house right now. frown

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#209630 01/16/07 02:24 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
So sorry for your loss, Lisa. Pets become so part of the family they leave a hole once they're gone. My thoughts are with you.

Jo

#209631 01/17/07 06:24 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The last few days, I've done nothing at home but read M*A*S*H fanfic.

I haven't got any boxes yet, so I can't start packing for the move, so I've just been reading.

It's funny, but I haven't had much motivation to do anything else, and the next two weeks until moving day are going to be SO SLOW.

I have a couple of LnC stories to BR/GE, but I haven't gotten around to them either.

I've been meaning to pickup a book or two and actually read it in my free time at work, but I don't have motivation for that either.

Blah.

I wish it were February 1st. I cannot WAIT that long! hyper

Darcy\'s Place
#209632 01/17/07 01:54 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeah, I know about losing pets. Our family had two cats for almost the whole time I can remember, and just over two years ago the first one died one night. The second one got diabetes or something and got huge until we had to put him down last summer. It's just not the same without seeing them around the house. I'm just glad that our family found a new kitten each time, and it's gives us something else to think about. Both of our cats were about 14 when they died.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard