Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#209581 01/07/07 03:42 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Anyone else having problems with Yahoo right now? I've got emails taking 12-20 hours to show up. It's bizarre.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#209582 01/07/07 05:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yahoo has been having a lot of problems in the past month or so. Overzealous spam filters were blocking huge chunks of incoming and outgoing mail, and, last I heard, they were working to fix it. Perhaps this is the next stage.

I don't know. I haven't trusted Yahoo in years. Had too many privacy issues with them in too short a time. Like when they sold my address to a bunch of spammers and didn't get around to telling me that they'd changed their privacy policy until nearly a month later. And the thing with the web beacons (tracking cookies) that first came to my attention around the same time, where they tracked my browsing without telling me, hid the opt-out link, and then made a tricky button designed to look like a confirmation when it actually canceled the opt-out request.

Then I had trouble with the ficlist, where they suddenly started blocking mail from their own mailing lists for no good reason, and another friend had to stop using her account entirely because mail delivery had become too unreliable.

If I were you, I'd suggest switching to another webmail provider. AIM.com, Inbox.com, and Myway.com (in that order) are, IMO, more reliable options.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#209583 01/07/07 07:16 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
What about Gmail, Paul? I also have a Gmail account.

And if Yahoo is blocking stuff then they aren't even putting it in my 'Bulk' mail account.

Yes, I've had problems with them in the past. I might have to give up on them again.

Can you get the ficlists sent to another account or does it have to go to a Yahoo account?

#209584 01/07/07 11:28 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Strange. My yahoo seems to work just fine. Even when I'm exchanging mails with you. But perhaps it's part of their policy to be good for new members and tick off the ones they have had for a longer time?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#209585 01/07/07 11:39 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Maybe. I don't know. But it's definitely ticking me off. Every once in a while something weird happens with Yahoo, but this is the first time I've had emails not show up.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard