Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#209109 12/15/06 04:46 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay, since no one has started this yet...

I am gearing up for a big couple of days. Monday is my birthday so we have decided to have a party on Saturday to celebrate. I have ordered a huge 4 ft sub sandwhich. smile We should have about 15 people there. laugh

Monday, I have to work on my birthday.... BUT that is quite alright. Especially since my boss is taking us all out to eat at a seafood place as a reward for good work over the past year. I don't suspect we will be getting much done that day.

Then Tuesday... I head out to Alabama from Dec 19th-Jan3rd smile BUT I have to fly to get there. I have and insane fear of flying. Anyone had any suggestions for me? Every year I get on planes I hate them more and more. frown

What's everyone else got planned?

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#209110 12/15/06 06:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nooo it's not Friday already! :p

As for flying, I'm not much of a fan either. I usually try and sleep the whole flight or bring, like, the biggest book I own and try and get absorbed in it.

Happy early birthday, Jojo!!

As for me, well I've done nothing this week that I said I'd do. goofy If I can paint those martini glasses for Xmas, I'll be good. I'm going to a basketball game Saturday (my dad is like the fan from hell), and then I won't "see" you guys until after Christmas! I spend Christmas every year in Texas with all the family, so here's an early Seasons Greetings!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#209111 12/15/06 07:07 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Happy Bday, Jojo! Sorry, I don't have any words of wisdom for flying, as I love to fly.

Only big plans for the weekend is to bake, go see "Eragon" with my dad, bake, clean and bake. Oh, and finish up the Christmas cards (sooo behind).

Jo

#209112 12/15/06 07:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Work is soooo overrated Jojo. wink

I don't have much going on this weekend. Which is good, I guess, means I have time to write. laugh

Everyone have lovely weekends!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#209113 12/15/06 09:08 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been meaning to read Eragon, ever since I saw the promo for the movie. And I want to read it before I see the movie, so I won't be seeing the movie for a while.

Why, you ask? Well, 'tis the season when my family forbids me from buying anything for myself, so getting Eragon to read before Christmas (when I may get lucky and get it as a gift) is out of the question.

As for my weekend . . .

Yesterday, I put my laptop back in the dock (as opposed to on my laptop cart), so I will REALLY crack down and record my last four one-shot fics for Paul's audiofic archive. That's my plan for tonight.

Tomorrow, I've GOT to get some of those gift bags delivered, and then I'm babysitting for a lady at church who has 3 kids between the ages of 4 & 12. I've never sat more than two kids at once, so I'm not sure if I'll survive--but it's only for three hours, so I should be at least moderately able to handle it.

Between gift bags and babysitting, I'm going to work on my best friend's Christmas present--from LAST year--which also involves me talking into my computer mic.

Sunday, I have church in the morning, then I think I'll start recording other peoples' fics--I've already got permission for a certain trilogy which shall remain nameless at this time, since I don't want anyone else to know but the three people who already do (besides me).

Sunday evening, I've got a meeting, and then it'll probably be time for me to sleep after I've gone back to my room from "being sociable" with the fam.

Now, all that recording is, of course, predicated on whether or not I have enough water in my room, and how long it takes for my allergies to remind me that they've been scratchin' at my throat for almost a year. I hope I at least get my fics and my friend's present done though.

I'm also hoping that a certain beta of mine will get back to me about a certain rough draft I sent this past week.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#209114 12/15/06 11:35 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Happy Birthday a little early, Jojo! I have no suggestions for weathering the flight out, but I hope you have a good time once you arrive. Are you originally from the south? Will you have internet on your trip or will we be without your company over the holidays?

We will miss you, Jen. Be sure to store up all your funny remarks so we can hear them when you get back. smile

Jo and DJ, I wish you relaxing weekends of baking and writing. On Monday we will expect 1000 words of brilliant prose and four batches of chocolate chip cookies. How the two of you work that out is up to you. devil

I will refrain from making comments regarding Darcy's impending audiofic plans except to say I am especially looking forward to a certain few... (Lisa falters under Darcy's will-you-shut-up glare.)

My life has gotten sloppy in the past several months. I never clean my house anymore, I straighten up my Quicken records every tenth day instead of every day, and this is the first year ever that I have gotten within ten days of Christmas without having bought a single gift. You have to realize, I am the woman who, once-upon-a-recent-time, arranged my personal library by the Dewey Decimal system. You should see my bookshelves now, volumes helter skelter on the shelves, stacks on the floor, under the table, in the bathroom, it's nuts! And this is a good illustration of the other areas of my life. I don't know if all this is a result of just relaxing as I finally begin to feel like an adult - younger people do sometimes take things so seriously - or what exactly. But I'm happy, so I really don't care. However, I do need to spend this weekend finding a few gifts.

(Also, just read a book about basic investing. Must go find stocks to buy. Too bad one can't buy stock in the Superman Foundation.)

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#209115 12/15/06 11:50 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I will refrain from making comments regarding Darcy's impending audiofic plans except to say I am especially looking forward to a certain few... (Lisa falters under Darcy's will-you-shut-up glare.)
grumble

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#209116 12/15/06 11:54 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
And Lisa, I used to have my books ALPHABETIZED, either by name of series or author's last name. If a series was only written by only one author, then it was author's name and THEN name of series.
For fiction, so did I. I still have the room, I just don't care anymore. smile At least, not at home. At work, I am still pretty particular about how things in general are arranged. (Me, anal? Nooooo.)

#209117 12/15/06 12:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Happy BDay in advance, JoJo!

I've been recovering from yesterday's really wicked Christmas party (company thing). It's the company's 20th anniversary this year so there was much to celebrate. smile We had the party... get this... in a *pool*. An indoors swimming pool. Emptied, obviously, but still. And they had these huge balloons in front of the building - you know the things they blow up with hot air, like when they do promos at car dealerships? Really huge dinosaur balloons. COOOOOOL!

And.... they had video recordings from the Mayor, the Premier and... get this: Steven Spielberg! Wishing us happy holidays, a happy 20 years and all that stuff. Wicked!!!

So.... I've had a migraine all day (mind you, I do not drink) and none of us got any real work done. wink

Great Friday. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#209118 12/15/06 03:17 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
MrsMosley: I am from the South. I moved to LA about 4-5 years ago.

I will have internet where I am going... if I get there. I just found out that I lost my stupid license. So I am freaking out and on the egde of tears right now trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to get through security.

mecry

#209119 12/15/06 03:30 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Happy birthday, Jojo. I hope it all works out for you.

I'm going home next wed (well to my husbands home in NY and then my home), but have something due two days later. Ugh. I hate the final stretch, I have that last thing and I already feel its going to take me freakin' forever.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#209120 12/15/06 04:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We will miss you, Jen. Be sure to store up all your funny remarks so we can hear them when you get back. [Smile]
Lisa, I'll be taking notes like you wouldn't believe. To illustrate why, here's a quick excerpt of The Best of Jen's Family, Volume One.

-I discovered my 3 year old cousin knows what's in the family margaritas.
-Grandpa became convinced my aunt was growing marijuana in her backyard.

-My dad and my uncles went hunting, got drunk, and got LOST in the woods. I got a phone call around midnight sounding something like:
Me: So are you guys on your way home?
Them: Ummmm we're lost...don't wait up.
-Mexicans singing metal karaoke at the only club my 20 year old cousin could get into. I will never, ever forget Judas Priest's "Hell Bent for Leather."

JD

#209121 12/15/06 05:28 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
they had video recordings from the Mayor, the Premier and... get this: Steven Spielberg!
Steven Spielberg!? Good heavens, Lara! (The pool thing is kinda interesting, too.)

Jojo, do you by any chance have a passport? Probably not, or you would have already thought of it. That's it for great ideas from me. I hope you find that little bugger of a card soon.

I discovered my 3 year old cousin knows what's in the family margaritas.
Jen, this sounds like my family. At the age of four, I knew the name of all the bartenders at the local bar, Nick's, and family legend has it that I shot pool standing on a milk crate. (Not sure how much I believe about that last one.) When I mentioned to my mother a few years ago that perhaps the neighborhood beer joint isn't the best place for toddlers, she said, "But we only took you there in the afternoons!" Yeah, *every* afternoon, apparently.

And don't even get me started on Jimmy Buffet.

laugh

#209122 12/15/06 05:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Steven Spielberg!? Good heavens, Lara! (The pool thing is kinda interesting, too.)
It's cause of the whole "dinosaurs from Jurassic Park" thing. We made the software they used to create those. smile

The pool - that was so odd, we stood inside the thing and we saw all the markings for the depths around on the "walls". I'm sure I don't know anyone else who's ever partied in an empty swimming pool - and that was a black tie thing, too... imagine that!

I can't believe I'm still awake... LOL

#209123 12/15/06 06:04 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ pats poor Jojo... there there... repeat after me "flying is supposed to be fun" -- "flying is supposed to be fun">

Yes, I know you'd prefer it if it was Superman flying you, but wouldn't we all. wink

I hope you found your driver's license. If I lived closer to you (I don't - I live in the south) I would loan you my Creative Labs Zen player to watch on the plane. It's an MP3 player that plays vids too. It has a 30 gig hard drive and I have all 88 eps of LNC on it. blush

Anyway, have a fun and safe trip.

Lara - Jurassic Park? That is so totally awesome!

Okay, I'm off to put the finishing touches on "50 First - part 4" so I can post it tomorrow like I promised. Maybe first thing in the morning.

<DJ blows kiss to Sue - thank you for that final finishing *touch*>

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#209124 12/15/06 07:23 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Didn't find the license... but I found a website that said that if I bring my SS card and another form of ID I should be okay. So I think I will make it.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. laugh

DJ: Ahh, creative zen. If I had that I could stick all the LnC on that as well. frown I want one of those!! I may just yoink my boyfriends psp though. I can't do nearly as much with it though. We dont' have a big enough HD for it.

#209125 12/15/06 07:37 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I would loan you my Creative Labs Zen player to watch on the plane. It's an MP3 player that plays vids too. It has a 30 gig hard drive and I have all 88 eps of LNC on it.
oh, this is totally going on my Christmas list!

#209126 12/15/06 08:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara - Jurassic Park? That is so totally awesome!
Yep. smile We're behind Happy Feet, too. And so many movies and tv series, you'd fall off your chair. I do, everytime we learn of the next big project that envolves our software. smile

...course it's not going to be as fun once I have to leave (I been downsized *sigh*) butit's still amazing to think of all the stuff people do cause someone over here in Montreal invented this application 20 years ago. I'm glad I was a part of all this, even though it wasn't a huge one or a long one. smile

Okay, I'm off to put the finishing touches on "50 First - part 4" so I can post it tomorrow like I promised. Maybe first thing in the morning.
clap clap clap

YAY!

#209127 12/16/06 05:55 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
My mom is such a spaz case.

She'd been bugging me and bugging me and bugging me to call back one of her friends from church, right? 'Cause that friend had asked if I would babysit for her on a Saturday. My mom thought it was TODAY Saturday, but I got a call from the lady earlier this morning, and she said that she doesn't need me to sit TODAY, but NEXT SATURDAY!

So I now have ALL afternoon and evening to finish recording stuff (I'm finished with my own fics, and starting on those other ones later!), and to deliver those gift bags I've been procrastinating about for the last month and a half.

Darcy\'s Place
#209128 12/16/06 09:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So I now have ALL afternoon and evening to finish recording stuff (I'm finished with my own fics, and starting on those other ones later!),
Huzzah! Delighted to hear this, Darcy - it'll be great to upload some more audiofics to the Archive!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#209129 12/16/06 11:06 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I sent my last four to Paul last night. And once I've recorded them, there'll be three more (at least) coming your way. smile

Darcy\'s Place
#209130 12/16/06 03:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
egads... audio fic... I know someone who probably wants to have my head by now. frown I promise I'll finish it, I promise! I'm going to be out of work soon and nothing else to do. It's just been hell on earth since November. frown I'm sorry!!!

#209131 12/16/06 04:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

<g>

<only kidding Lara sloppy - but, yes, I do look forward to seeing... err... hearing it when you get it done.>

#209132 12/16/06 05:34 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
One down, two to go (and the next one to go is shorter than the last one--the final one is the longest of them all) . . .

spider Darcy the cryptic spider

Darcy\'s Place
#209133 12/16/06 06:31 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good grief.

I let one of my friends pick out Blood Diamond to see at the theatre tonight. I told her she lost some movie picking points. It was a good movie, but it was WAY too intense. But that was partially my own doing. I just knew people were chasing after a diamond; if I'd payed more attention, I would have seen that whole 'conflict in Sierra Leone' bit that took up most of the movie. dizzy

JD

#209134 12/16/06 06:32 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
My hubby made white chocolate fudge this evening.

I knew I had gotten married for a reason.

#209135 12/17/06 07:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My week was fun! I returned from a three-week trip to the US on Saturday and had another few days off before I had to be back at work. So I spent time with my family, having Christmas dinners every day just in case I won't be home for Christmas (I work at a hotel on an German island in the North Sea). It was great. smile

I did finally go back to work on Thursday and it took me until yesterday to clear my desk (I got a promotion just before I left for trip back in November and still don't really know what I am doing in the new department laugh ). Now I am up-to-date and don't have to stress anymore.

Tomorrow is our company's Christmas party and I am very much looking forward to that. Last year we had a blast. smile1

Natascha

#209136 12/17/06 05:53 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Update: My birthday party went off flawlessly. smile I had about 15 friends over and we had a blast. This was my birthday cake:

[Linked Image]

It went much better with booze than sugar would have. ^_~

My boyfriend gave me a nice gift of a Nintendo DS Lite and Final Fantasy III so that I have something to do on the plane. smile So that was pretty cool. ^_^

I also spoke to a nice lady at American Airlines who told me that as long as I brought my expired license, receipt for my new license, and my Social Security Card I should be fine and be able to get on the plane just fine. ^_^

The next few days are going to be hectic so I may not see you guys for a few days. laugh I'll try to pop in tomorrow though.

EDIT: Also, I think i got my first balloons ever yesterday for my birthday. To bad they were Batman balloons. razz I wanted Superman ones! hAHA

#209137 12/18/06 05:39 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess, since I've already sent two out of three non-Darcy-written audio fics to Paul (as of yesterday), I might as well tell everyone what they are.

I, ladies and gentlemen, have recorded two of the stories from CC Aiken's UN trilogy (Lois Unbuttoned and Superman Undone), and will be recording the third (Clark Uncaged) this week.

I'm so psyched to see them up on the archive in the upcoming weeks. laugh

Darcy\'s Place
#209138 12/19/06 04:51 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just a l'il update:

The trilogy is FINISHED! laugh laugh laugh

Darcy\'s Place
#209139 12/19/06 04:59 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Yea! Can't wait to listen to them.

#209140 12/19/06 06:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! Can't wait to listen to them.
Can't wait to upload them. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard