Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#208605 11/08/06 01:35 AM
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Is anyone else having problems with Yahoo mail? I've had two people this week tell me that they've sent me something that I've never received. I also had someone a couple of weeks ago have problems getting through.

This is driving me crazy! Am I alone in this problem? The worst part is not knowing there's a problem until someone says something.

wallbash

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The admins here have been getting intermittent bounces from Yahoo mail for weeks. Not constantly, but every couple of days we'll have a few dozen bounces of mail sent from here to Yahoo accounts.

Someone said in another folder that it's to do with more aggressive spam protection, I think. Not sure.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Sue, I use Yahoo mail as my personal email... Not aware that I'm not receiving any email. But Yahoo itself seems on the fritz a bit this week. Their homepages and news seems to be lagging quite a bit. I'm getting very frustrated with it myself and hope it clears up soon.

Julie

Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Wendymr:
Someone said in another folder that it's to do with more aggressive spam protection, I think.
That would be me.

If anyone would like a Gmail invite, I'd be happy to provide one.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
I switched over from yahoo mail to gmail about a year ago. It was one of the best decisions I have made in a long time.

Interesting that it is because of yahoo's increased spam blocking since I still get tons in my junk account. It is very very rare that I get them in gmail anymore. smile

If rivka runs out of gmail invites I have a bunch as well. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Yeah. I have too. For some weeks, almost a month, I hadn't had access to my mailbox. A few days ago, it worked again, and now I have more than a hundred mails to read through... Geez! I pretty sure there is a lot of people wondering why I am not answering... Well, I will. It'll just take me time. smirk

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy's right. A lot of colleges in the UK have had tremendous trouble with students who use Yahoo mail. I believe it's to do with Yahoo requiring reverse DNS lookup.

Or was that AOL? Hmm... My memory is failing me.

Yvonne

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yvonne, it's both. And a couple other smaller providers, IIRC.

Originally posted by jojo_da_crow:
If rivka runs out of gmail invites I have a bunch as well. smile
100 invites left
I think that should be enough. wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have had the same problem with my hotmail account these past few months. There were quite a few mails I never received and I only found out about it when people kept asking me why I didn't reply... mad

It seems okay now but I still wonder.

Natascha

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard