Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#208552 11/05/06 12:42 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Caroline:
Recently our iron broke - a big piece of the handle cracked and fell off. I mentioned to my husband that we needed a new one. His response: "Why? You never use it anyway." I made like I was mortally offended, but the truth is, that was two months ago, and I haven't replaced the iron yet. Haven't missed it. laugh
I have been without an iron for about 4 years now.

If something really needs to be pressed, that's what the dry cleaner is for.

Fortunately, except for the few things I have that are dry-clean-only anyway, very few things need to be pressed. laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#208553 11/05/06 03:40 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
*gets shifty-eyed look* Dry cleaners? What dry cleaners?

I usually just shove it into the cold water wash with the rest of my clothes. (which is the only wash I do, and I shove EVERYTHING into one load per week)

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#208554 11/05/06 04:29 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by DSDragon:

I usually just shove it into the cold water wash with the rest of my clothes. (which is the only wash I do, and I shove EVERYTHING into one load per week)
Excellent way of doing laundry. wink And at 2 dollars a load, it's for sure the only way I do it!

On the topic of ironing, since everyone's hit it...I specifically shop for clothes that don't need to be ironed. I ironed once last year for a job interview. And the darn shirt wrinkled the minute I put it on anyway. That shirt no longer gets ironed.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#208555 11/05/06 04:49 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Nowadays they make shirts that don\'t wrinkle . Sign me up, because I really have no plans to pick up an iron ever again, sacraments notwithstanding.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#208556 11/05/06 04:54 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by DSDragon:

I didn't say that I dry-cleaned everything with a label that requested it.

I said those few items that actually REQUIRED dry cleaning. I have a few. All very dressy, and not worn very often.

Which is good, because they tend to hang out at the cleaners for weeks, until I get around to picking 'em up.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#208557 11/05/06 11:25 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmmm. I iron every week. The apartment house where I live has laundry facilities for everyone who lives there, and we own our apartments, by the way, we are not tenants. We don't pay extra for using the washing machines, dryers and other things. There are also two irons there which everyone can use, and I make use of one of them every week, as I said. I iron my pants and shirts and I mangle my sheets. However, dry cleaning is moderately expensive (or so I think anyway) so the only things I tend to have dry cleaned are my coats.

To return to the teeth and dentist business, I'm rather scared of going to the dentist myself. Fortunately my teeth are pretty good, though I have a lot of "shallow fillings" that were put there in the sixties - that's when the dentists here in Sweden put their dentist drills to any tooth which had the smallest imperfection. Anyway, I was scared of having an anaesthtic - I hate how my mouth becomes all paralysed somehow when I've had one! - so I had all those fillings from the sixties without an anaesthtic. That hurt.

Anyway, I hadn't seen a dentist for about ten years, when I started feeling twinges in my lower left jaw about a year ago. Those twinges came rarely and disappeared quickly, but they started getting more frequent, so last summer, during my long summer vacation, I decided it was finally time for me to go the dentist again. Well, I had one cavity, nothing major, and I had an anaesthetic and left the dentist's with my mouth feeling all dead and definitely looking oblique. Good thing I didn't have to go to work looking like that!

Ann

#208558 11/06/06 12:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I did love the Smiley Xtra 4 extension! [Linked Image] You could say for my posts that I love smileys and this extension turned it so easier! [Linked Image]

Thank you rivka and Lara for the tips! [Linked Image]

It has even a Superman smiley!! [Linked Image]

Andreia [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#208559 11/06/06 02:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Course the only hazards to that is a/ you have to shake things vigorously before you wear in case any sneakius horribilus (aka spiders) have sneaked in meantime and b/ Homer's love of stealing socks (or my nighties for some reason) out of the pile and running off with them so you'll chase him.
Ha ha ha! Glad to know I'm not the only person who shakes her clothes before wearing them... if I take it out of a drawer or a closet shelf, I always shake first.

Hee hee.

This thread has been hilarious fun to read. Wish I had been around this weekend to participate - I was out of town.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#208560 11/06/06 05:56 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yvonne, did you survive the weekend?

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#208561 11/06/06 11:09 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Rivka! Yes, I did, and thank you for asking. smile

As the antibiotics have started to work, I've been able to cut down on the painkillers. Saturday, I woke up pain-free but started to get serious twinges by around 11am, then on Sunday I was able to go without painkillers until around 6pm, and today, it's 10pm and I've yet to take my first painkiller.

That said, weird things seem to be happening around my face. I can only imagine that the infection is sort of seeping around my face as it dies away - my eye sockets were tingling earlier, then my tongue, then the right-hand side of my face, and just a second ago, the side of my nose. It's *very* peculiar. Referred pain, perhaps? Except it's not painful - just tingly, like you might feel as an injection from the dentist begins to wear off.

Anyway, the main thing is that I'm not climbing the walls any longer and I may even dare to go to bed without taking any pills whatsoever. smile1

Yvonne

#208562 11/06/06 01:03 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I think that's actually a side-effect of the codeine.

It has a name, and if I remembered what it was, I could Google it.

Glad to hear you're steadily improving! smile

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#208563 11/07/06 02:23 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Fun reference to Superman on Gilmore Girls this evening!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard