Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
This part is mostly here to advance the a-plot. Sorry, guys. No smoochies, and not much b-plot. Maybe next time, or the time after...

Chris

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, we can't have smoochies every time, I guess... frown But we did have Lois thinking about all of it, and being so distracted that she wasn't paying attention to most of the staff meeting. She's getting sucked in pretty quick into this relationship, isn't she? And it sounds like she's experienced similar relationship woes to our Lois, which makes it all the more overwhelming. Yup, something's going to happen...

Great news about the mistrial. I love the image I have in my head of CJ "trying very hard not to whoop with joy".

It looks like Mayson may be on the "same" side, but I'm going to reserve judgment on that one right now.

"The rescues are more important than my anonymity, and if I end up in a position where I'm forced to make a choice..."
It's very simple, folks: the suit. Even for just a couple of days. Because soon his cover is going to be blown, unless Chris has thought of another solution. Hmm... cool

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good solid instalment.

Nice expositional part. You achieved a couple of objectives. First, you were able to more clearly define (for Lois wink ) her and CJ's growing relationship. And, second, you used CJ's trip back to the office to establish a littel character for Mayson, and led us to believe that she may not be in Luthor's pocket after all.

This was good, you can post MORE now.

Tank (who still has doubts about Mayson since she admits to being more of a Metropolis Star person)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nicely thickening plot, and hurray, another potential ally!

I'm glad to see Lois wrestling with the soulmates aspect (I don't like it either wink )as well as the alarm of trying to protect CJ's secret. Great introspection, too, when she realized that the thrill of the chase isn't so much fun on the other side!

Again, this reads much too quickly. That's because it's so good. laugh So hurry up and give us MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup thumbsup

Perry shook his head. "Nah. I just hope he's worth it."

Then, with more confidence than she had mustered at any point thus far in the conversation, she said with a grin, "Oh, he is, Perry. He is."
thumbsup It work to have a reporter on his side.

"It's all over the front page." Well, all except Judith Myerson's story, CJ amended silently. "Turns out that the jurors were being bribed to return a guilty verdict."
eek Judith Myerson could be in danger now?

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chris, sorry I haven't been posting regularly on this, but I hope you know how much I love what you've done with this sequel. CJ and Lois are great characters, and I love the way you write them. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Like Kathy said..I guess we can't have smoochies ALL the time (well, why not darn it?! goofy )

Good solid plot advancement and I too liked the way Lois was day dreaming at her meeting about CJ. So cute.

Still not too keen on the Mayson as an ally angle, maybe that's because I was never a Mayson fan period! laugh

This story is really great..more soon please! thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Columnist
Columnist
Chris, unfortunately, my time is short so I can't give this the feedback it deserves.

All I can do is say that this was great, and I'm looking forward to the next section!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great part Chris thumbsup

I too loved the part where Lois was daydreaming about CJ and then she defended him to Perry..... GREAT!!!!

I like what your doing with the A plot, interesting twist with Mayson (let just see where you are going with this.....) confused

Keep up the great work!!

S (who's already impatiently waiting for the next part!!)

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

A fantastic part! smile1
I love her conversation with Perry.

Yay, a mistrial! Great A-plot development! clap

I'm enjoying this immensely and can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chris,
I can only echo what was said by everyone else. smile

One little nitpick:
It's all over the front page." Well, all except Judith Myerson's story, CJ amended silently. "Turns out that the jurors were being bribed to return a guilty verdict."
Weren't the jurors bribed to return a not guilty verdict?

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yay, CJ got his mistrial!

as for lois... [Linked Image]

nice to see. smile

just hope that whole strange hostile takeover thing (or is it pressure out of buisiness sort of stuff?) wasn't something important. does sound kind of luthor-esque.

hmm, and we've got mayson. and she's innocent. and she's not drooling over clark and getting in the way. nice. smile

i like that clark's more concerned about the rescues than about himself. just hope he does find a way to keep his powers.

some good developments here. looking forward to part 10.

oh, and for those who really missed it... [Linked Image]

happy now? laugh

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part!
/me punches air in enthusiasm for display of superpowers.
Yay. Too bad they aren't permanent, hmmmm?
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris
great part
ditto others
more soon please

merry

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, first of all, don't understand how I managed to miss for so long that I still needed to read this. eek

Anyway, now that I finally got there...still enjoying this one hugely, Chris. Once again, lots of great detail and a fantastic sense of atmosphere. I can see it all unfolding so clearly.

Like KathyM, I'm a little confused as to why the secret identity/Superman solution hasn't occurred to CJ. Is it something I'm missing because I haven't read EMI yet, I wonder?

And poor Mayson. Felt sorry for her. There's a first. <g> Your characters are so expertly drawn, Chris, it's impossible not to get emotionally drawn to them, no matter what side of the fence they are on.

More please!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
LabRat wrote:
Like KathyM, I'm a little confused as to why the secret identity/Superman solution hasn't occurred to CJ. Is it something I'm missing because I haven't read EMI yet, I wonder?
Actually yes, you do need to read EMI to understand his reasoning. I had read it, but forgotten something when I commented on an earlier chapter, and Chris reminded me by quoting the relevant section in EMI. It was in the comments to Part 2:
EMI Comments Part 2

So even though I know why CJ chose initially not to don the red and the blue, I still think that he needs it, so I thought that maybe if I called for it long enough it might make an appearance... One never knows goofy

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks again for the comments!

So... Several people have doubts about Mayson, huh? Now, why on earth would you distrust such a fine, upstanding member of the legal profession?

Watch this space...

The other thing that strikes me is how much people seem to like the b-plot here. Am I right in thinking that a-plot is just filler? wink If so, there is a lot of filler here!

KathyM: the suit. Ah, the suit. All I'm going to say is that I don't think CJ would look good in blue! wink

Thanks also for answering LabRat's question for me. Couldn't have done it better myself! smile

Hazel: I think it's pretty well known around here that I have major problems with the whole idea of soul-mates, so I think it's inevitable that that would feed into the story. Then again, it's also known that I have problems with Wells, and he keeps turning up in my stories!

Maria: you said:

Judith Myerson could be in danger now?
You know, I never even thought of that!

Wendy: thanks for the comments! laugh

Now, I know you have an A-plot to resolve, and of course there's the issue of CJ's powers and what he's doing with them... but could we have more smoochies soon?? Please??? insert pathetic begging icon here
No. No smoochies. This is a smoochie free zone.

Just kidding, guys! Just kidding.

There are some more smoochies to come, but they have been carefully rationed so as not to give anyone too much of a waffy high. I don't like to feed people's addictions too much. wink

Avia: what can I say, other that 'oops!' blush Thanks for catching that! I've corrected my master, so it will be right when it (eventually) goes to the archive.

Paul: the hostile takeover thing may be something, it may not. RAFO.

Artemis: about the powers -- I'm saying nothing.

LabRat: I meant to say in the last comments folder that that conversation you are eagerly waiting for will turn up eventually.

I'm so glad you're enjoying this.

Yes, CJ does have his reasons for not wanting to be Superman. I think they make perfect sense... but it's obvious that a number of readers would like to see CJ donning the blue and red. As for the choice that CJ makes... You'll find out eventually.

Merry, Tricia, RetroRose, Irene, Liz and Tank: thanks for your comments, too. smile

Chris (off to ready the next section for posting.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard