Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#207196 06/09/06 08:40 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi, guys!

So, who is watching the World Cup? Germany just won the first game against Costa Rica for 4X2. And Poland and Ecuador are playing right now.

As a Brazilian I'm really excited about the World Cup! I can't wait to see Brazil playing! We play on Tuesday. This is my first World Cup away from Brazil so I'm missing the whole celebration we have at this time there. Oh, Brazilians are always Brazilians everywhere we go so I'm still excited about it.

GO BRAZIL!!!!!

Cheers,
Raquel smile

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
#207197 06/09/06 09:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Raq! smile1 Everybody are rooting for the hexa (is that the right word in English? blush )! The banks and the shops are going to close down during Brazil's games and the schooltime is going to be rescheduled. [Linked Image] It means everybody are gonna be glued to TV. laugh In my work I must come later or leave earlier in days of Brazil's games. hyper
And Raquel: I dub thee our virtual cheerleader! [Linked Image]

Andreia [Linked Image] Não tem pra ninguém, é Brasil!!!

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#207198 06/10/06 06:47 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
The Brazilian Squad is around!!! Woohooo!! How would we miss it? laugh

glued to the tv indeed. Here in England, the tvs are all hooked on the matches and a lot of fuzz about the English team is going on... but of course we know whos gonna win :p

Good luck to all and may the best team win...

hehehehe...

MDL. angel-devil (whos gonna have days off every game brazil plays - part of the deal with the Italian boss who will be off when Italy plays. /me wonders what if we both qualify and go to the finals) confused

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#207199 06/10/06 09:16 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Unfortunately wink , being a Brazilian living in the US means that we don't get to have breaks during the games.

I'll be working during the weekday games. frown There's no TV where I'm working (ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 are showing ALL the World Cup games) and I'm not allowed to access any website not related to work (although I'll definitely try to see the score during the game blush and will be rooting silently laugh )

Anyways, prá frente, BRASIL!!! wave

#207200 06/10/06 09:43 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just inserting a quick 'hip-hip-hooray' for England, who won their first game this afternoon - and all without The Foot. laugh

Yvonne

#207201 06/10/06 01:18 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think that if you like soccer, it's hard not to be a little excited, even if you know you're in for another disappointment. I'm pretty much convinced that Spain won't make it too far, but I'll try to enjoy it as long as it lasts wink .

The good thing is I chose this year to study in Germany(the World cup had, obviously, nothing to do with the decision), and, as fate would have it, Spain is playing its first match quite close to where I am, so even though we didn't get tickets (though we did try), we'll be in Leipzig next Wednesday enjoying all the WC craziness live smile And I'm sure we'll find a big, nice screen to watch the game smile

Cris
#207202 06/10/06 03:12 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Go the Socceroos! Though it is a pain with the time difference, but that's what program recording is for. I do wish that Australia will go far, but up against Brazil and Croatia in the same group I think that it's unlikely, but I've been excited about the Word Cup since Australia made it though the last qualifying match. Even if Australia didn't make it I'll still be excited.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#207203 06/13/06 11:52 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Well Brazil won against Croatia today (1-0) but it was a really disappointing game if you ask me. I don't know if the pressure of being the "favorite" or the fact that our stupid coach keeps putting Ronaldo on the team even though he is fat and can't even run, but we really didn't play that well as we should have. I still think Robinho should be on the team and Ronaldo should be out. Oh and I didn't understand why they kept kicking the ball so far away from the penalty square... I know, I know, our only goal was because of a kick like that but still it's not like we're used to see Brazil playing! We usually build our attack slowly and wait for the other team to give us some chance to score. Maybe it was just the pressure of the first game but I'm kind of worried now. Well we still got our 3 points so let's see what happens on Sunday when we play against Australia.

GO BRAZIL!!!!

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
#207204 06/14/06 08:23 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a cool day!!!!!!! My friends and I had a blast in Leipzig!!!!!!!!!!!! The streets were full of people (many many many people from Spain!), the city was looking great, we got interviewed a couple of times (one for a Spanish channel wink ) and, heck, Spain won 4-0! It was amazing (and that without tickets! I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like, had we had tickets! Well, to be fair, some friends did, and they told us that it was simply spectacular!)

Cris
#207205 06/18/06 05:00 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
ÊÊÊ!
LELEÔÔÔ!
LELEÔ! LELEÔ! LELEÔ! BRASIL!
[Linked Image]

(Sorry, couldn't resist it). laugh

malu

#207206 06/18/06 05:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Quel Lane, I think it's World Cup-itis. England had a bad case of it in their last game, too - they were so tentative, they looked like they were afraid to go anywhere near the goal for fear it might bite them! In the end, they scraped through by the skin of their teeth, but they'll have to get more aggressive if they want to stand a chance of getting through R2.

Anyway, The Foot is back. Yay! Long live The Foot. wink

Yvonne
(for anyone wondering, I've dubbed Wayne Rooney The Foot because of all the fuss made about his injury in the run-up to the games laugh )

#207207 06/18/06 07:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, Brazil won 2-0 against Australia but it wasn't that great of a game still it was better than the first one. Well I have to say that Australia played really well especially their defence. Ronaldo should be out of the team and Robinho should be in because we always play better like that. I think we play better and better each game so I think there is a great performance still to come. The important thing is we're in the second round now! thumbsup

Raquel smile

#207208 06/18/06 07:51 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
My two cent added here...

Ronaldo is playing astoningly bad, but what brazilian actually thinks Emerson should be playing? Both should hold hands and live a happy life away from our national team.

Kaka is the greatest player now. Even Ronaldinho who is with no doubt a good player, is doing poorly comparedto what he can do.

The players have been stricken by the loss of a Brazilian comentator who had died just yesterday from a heart attack. They claimed they would win the game in his memory and so they did.

Australians have nothing to be ashamed of though. The game was superb and they really exceeded expectations bringing it to a hard match of nill-nill until the end of the first half.

Way to go! I hope to see the socceroos on the next round. smile1

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#207209 06/18/06 03:53 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Thanks for those words of encouragement MDL! I'm gunning now for a draw with Croatia and that will definitely see us through and with the way we played against Brazil and the bad state the Croatians were in against Japan, that is definitely a possiblity. I gotta thank Japan for this effort great save from their goalkeeper in denying Croatia a goal from the spot.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#207210 06/19/06 11:59 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Boy, am I enjoying this world cup!!!!!!!!!! I can't even believe the way the Spanish team is performing so far; I would have never expected such a good start! And Raul scored today!!! (what can I say, even if he is far from the great player he once was... he's still the captain!)

Cris
#207211 06/20/06 05:06 PM
Kerth
Kerth

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#207212 06/21/06 09:44 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Really nice article, Sue! Thank you!

And Yvonne, as you know, Sweden and England played 2-2. Perhaps you blame England's Swedish manager, Sven-Göran Eriksson, for that result?

Anyway, Cristina, Sweden is playing Germany next, and it would surprise me very, very much if Germany doesn't kick the Swedish team out of the World Cup!

Ann

#207213 06/21/06 10:11 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by TOC:
Really nice article, Sue! Thank you!

And Yvonne, as you know, Sweden and England played 2-2. Perhaps you blame England's Swedish manager, Sven-Göran Eriksson, for that result?

Anyway, Cristina, Sweden is playing Germany next, and it would surprise me very, very much if Germany doesn't kick the Swedish team out of the World Cup!

Ann
Let's just wait and see, Ann smile The sweedish team is certainly not a bad one! If they have a good day, and the germans don't... In a World Cup almost anything can happen (I mean, look at Korea in 2002 :S, or Turkey -they're not even there this time...).

A part of me kind of wants to see Germany winning the championship (well, first choice is obviously Spain, but... well, that'd be dreaming a little too much laugh ) and be a part of the party Germany is bound to become in that case. Another part of me -the part that's seen the Germans go crazy after every game so far AND IT'S ONLY FIRST ROUND!- is a little scared and wonders if there'd anything at all left of Germany after the celebrations...

I guess we can just sit back, wait and enjoy the game wink

Cris
#207214 06/21/06 10:16 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooops! Never meant to quote myself :S Hadn't even seen it; sorry

Cris
#207215 06/22/06 10:21 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Congratulations to all Australians on the fine game today! smile1

Brazil vs. Ghana