Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#204556 09/08/05 07:15 PM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
A friend sent me this link today. Some interesting info about the movie! There are some spoilers, but probably no more than we'll see on the movie trailer when it comes out.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9189573/site/newsweek/

Heh ... the plot reminds me of several L&C fanfics. <g>

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I love the way they're all so danged pleased with themselves for being so 'original'. goofy

Hey, maybe we'll see one of those Harry Potter type court battles - "Those gits stole my story!". I mean, how could they prove they hadn't Google'd 'Superman' and read them online? laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, I think I've read this story goofy But I'm glad you posted that, Kathy; it's made me feel more positively about the movie than I have for... well... ever, I guess.

PJ
(love your sig quote, Labby -- are we grasping at straws or what?)

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
(love your sig quote, Labby -- are we grasping at straws or what?)
laugh

I think it was pretty clever of them. Vague enough to suit all viewpoints. wink Personally, I was finding the episode pretty mediocre up till that point. goofy Then, my shippy radar pricked up its ears and went...hel-lo...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not real anxious to see this movie as I think their choice of Superman is a complete flaming, boytoy...HOWEVER reading about Kevin Spacey as Lex, now THAT sounds like a winner!! OMG! I can just picture him driving around that lot in his "Lexmobile" with the bullhorn goofy

TEEEEEJ

Blogger
Blogger
the plot reminds me of several L&C fanfics
That movie sounded pretty bad to me, but I'd like to read the fics that you mentioned, Kathy. Are they here on the board?

Snarla2

KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm sure posting in Fanfic Related would get you a slew of titles, Snarla. smile There have been many stories over the years (which can be found on the Archive) which have dealt with Clark going away (to NK, or losing time somehow, or L&C meeting in their younger days and being separated by circumstances) and returning to find Lois has a child already.

Off the top of my head, I can think of Sheila Harper's fabulous "Faster Than A Speeding Bullet" (there was an original version set I believe in S3, then a post-marriage reworking of it for TUFS) and ML Thompson's "Without Checking the Water Level". The first NK story like that which comes to mind is Piper's "Three Grandmothers" (though that's a bit different, because Clark doesn't come back).

I know I've read many others, though. Start a thread in FF Related, and I'm sure others' memories will be better than mine this morning. smile

Kathy

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Kathy, when I read the title of the thread, I thought you were going to tell us about a Lois and Clark movie - starring, of course, Teri and Dean (wishful thinking obviously). So now my heart is shattered and I'm left to pick up the pieces wink .

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh! This looks promising. smile Even if the plotline sounds awfully familiar. laugh

Yvonne

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard