Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
No, I see Teal'c as a bass player. That cool, reserved demenor is tailor made for a bassist.

Drummers are more manic.

Tank (who can only see Daniel's role in a band as a techie)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Daniel could be Sam's back-up singer <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thankfully yesterday's 6th episode was loaded with action again ... and Sam is back! Yay!! hyper

Unfortunately the gist of the episode was relatively boring with the ori starting to advance into this galaxy, the Goa'Uld being impatient and untrusting as ever and SG-1 dumbtalking and watching Sam fishing for answers and solutions. If you leave the idea of a gigantic Stargate between galaxies aside, that episode was a mirror image of the first 7 seasons.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, at least they had some success this week, unlike last week where the Orii wiped the deck with them. Although technically it was Vala who saved the day, while SG-1 stood around with their thumbs in their ears... I'm gonna miss her, I think...

But yay, we got the band back together!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I actually found the Orii much more interesting in the last two episodes - still no trace of any shivers down the spine, mind you.

I did enjoy this one. Given your posts above, Pam, I laughed double-hard at Sam's "What's with the backup singer?" remark. goofy

It was just great to see Sam back.

I loved the 'Jack' moments (could just see the smirk on his face when he put the phone down on teasing Landry).

Liked Landry much better this week. I liked him in Avalon but since then I've found it hard to get a handle on his character and he's often seemed quite bland. Maybe it was just the difference between giving him something to do besides admin stuff. I enjoyed his interactions with the Goa'uld (who was a lot of fun himself).

Vala and Daniel were a hilarious double act as usual. Yes I'm going to miss her too, but I'm sure she'll turn up later in the season, or even in a later season, alive and well and having turned the situation to her advantage as usual. Although, I think her leaving was a necessary evil, because I was getting the definite feeling the team weren't going to get back together until she did, I wouldn't mind her popping back for the odd single episode here and there in the future, at all.

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of personal character beats in this one. Or, let's say, I would have been if I hadn't suspected in advance that TPTB were going to stiff us on that angle again and was very firmly not expecting to see them so I wouldn't be. The official summary for this episode claimed 'Sam returns to the SGC, despite mixed feelings and personal issues' Where? Where were those? I didn't see any trace of that. She appeared at the SGC as ordered, jumped right in, got on with it. I hate that they keep doing that to us this season, promising these things then not delivering. Especially as it's these character beats which I enjoy most in the show.

I didn't really see much team in this one - Sam acted more as an advisor. But it's the start, and I'm looking forward to team from this point on and seeing how the characters bond with Mitchell. Who I hope begins to come into his own now. He's been overshadowed a bit and shoved into the background by Vala. Which wasn't a mistake, I don't think. I think I'd have resented him coming in strong right from the start. I like the slow build up, but I'm at the point now where I'd like to see him start to take charge.

Talking of which...interesting that he introduced himself as the leader of SG1. There's been a huge debate among fans as to who would lead the team and whether Mitchell would usurp Carter's place. Looks like we have the answer to that. Not sure how I feel about that.

Oh and last thing, I goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, because I had to work late I missed the 7 pm showing of the show, but I managed to fall asleep during the 10 pm repeat.

Must've been a real exciting episode.

Tank (who finds very little entertainment value in watching McKay acting the jerk and has to admit that Galactica has it all over Stargate)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If you're talking about SGA: Trinity, Tank, I can only agree with you. I lasted about 10 minutes in and then gave up. I was highly confused, for one thing, as to how Teyla and Ronan were simultaneously on the ship with Sheppard and McKay, exploring the Ancient lab, and on a completely different planet doing some trading.

Yes, I know there was probably an explanation for this in the episode or, even more likely, I had entirely the wrong end of the stick, but it's indicative of the fact that I couldn't work up the energy to pay attention to even the first ten minutes, so never heard whatever the explanation was. goofy

I also have to completely reverse my opinion on BSG. I have become so hooked on the dark, angsty drama of the first half of S2, that I finally caved in, admitted I was completely wrong, and ordered the mini series pilot and the boxed set of S1 just now as a treat to myself. Looking forward to catching up on the episodes I dismissed as rubbish last year. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LabRat:
If you're talking about SGA: Trinity, Tank, I can only agree with you. I lasted about 10 minutes in and then gave up. I was highly confused, for one thing, as to how Teyla and Ronan were simultaneously on the ship with Sheppard and McKay, exploring the Ancient lab, and on a completely different planet doing some trading.

Yes, I know there was probably an explanation for this in the episode or, even more likely, I had entirely the wrong end of the stick, but it's indicative of the fact that I couldn't work up the energy to pay attention to even the first ten minutes, so never heard whatever the explanation was. goofy

LabRat smile
Actually, it was during that bathroom break you took. They briefly have everyone coming back to Atlantis and then they go their seperate ways.

Howeve, I really feel like we were manipulated on this one. It looked like they spent days working in that lab. This was intercut with Teyla and Ronan stuff that seemed to be all happening within the same 24/48 hour period. Very confusing.

Future SG-1 Spoilers

S

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

s

p

a

c

e

Vala will not be in any further episodes this season, or at least not until after Ep #15.

Baal is going to be in the Ep #7.

Robert Picardo will be coming back as Agent Richard Woolsey again. in Ep #9

General Hammond will be coming back for the mid-season cliffhanger and will be in at least one more episode after that.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard