Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey all smile

You guys are killing me with that spoiler thread. I want so badly to read it, but I'm staying spoiler free 'til next week... and yet I wanna talk about the ones I *have* seen, so I figured I'd start my own laugh

Saw Moebius pt 1 last night, re-watched it today. I can't believe how much stuff they jammed into forty-five minutes. Where to start?

Okay, after the funeral, I love that Daniel only denied the bull-whip part of her Indiana Jones description, seeing as the rest of it was pretty much true... smile1

And I've got to wonder where they're going with this in general -- clearing out all the Replicators, and Anubis, and the majority of the System Lords... killing off Kinsey razz They're clearing the decks for something very new, and I'm wildly curious. But still steadfastly avoiding spoilers! At least until next week...

Can't believe I wrote this much... guess I'm gushing blush

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
killing off Kinsey
No guarantee Kinsey is dead. In fact, general fan opinion right now is that he ringed off the ship to earth and is out there somewhere, on the loose, up to goodness knows what. I think they've kept their options open there and I wouldn't rule out seeing him again. That's not spoilers - I haven't read anything either way. I just suspect that the notion of being able to use a Kinsey Goa'uld in the future will be too delicious to resist.

Moebius was a delight from start to finish for me.

As Karen and I have said over on the other thread, Amanda and Michael did terrific work on their alternates. Especially Amanda. I loved her finally getting to take a hit at that pilot dialogue she loathed, after all these years. I love her expressions and actions as she agrees with Daniel that her work is interesting and changes it midstream to no it isn't and then that apologetic shrug. goofy And the way that when Daniel gets stroppy about signing the disclaimer she grabs for the pen and signs at lightning speed. LOL.

I mentioned that hair elsewhere. It cracks me up every time. The whole scene on the boat with Jack does.

And I loved all the little asides on the differences. You know? Like that reference to the pilot dialogue, Jack wondering if Sam and Daniel are a couple. All of that cracked me up.

(actually, there was one in Antarctica, wasn't there? but they wouldn't have found it without the ship).
I seem to remember some vague reference at some point in the show that the Antarctica DHD was almost depleted, nearly out of energy. Course it could still have had enough for one pass through the gate, I guess. Or was the Antarctica DHD used in 48 Hours? They borrowed the one they used then from the Russians, I know - and then blew it up goofy - but where did the Russians get theirs? Was that the Antarctica DHD? I need to watch more episodes. <g>

I predict you'll adore part two, Pam, but that's all I'm saying. <g> You'll not only continue to be impressed but laugh yourself silly and...well other things too. Say no more. laugh

Oh and while I agree it was great seeing Samuels and Davis again, I had even more interest in having them fix that timeline and get things on track again after seeing that mustache. They ought to be hung, drawn and quartered just for affecting that change alone! laugh

And oh yeah - something very new. And must admit that after initial wondering how the heck they were going to get there and makes things fit, recent spoilers I've read have got me keen and eager to see what happens next and it's all starting to fall into place for me. But you can catch up on all of that next week. smile

LabRat smile (in the mood to watch that again now...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Like I said in the other thread, I was giggling the whole episode. A few times, I banged my hand on the desk, I was laughing so hard. Amanda's facial expressions in particular had me cracking up.

Alt-characters Amanda's played? 5: Alt-Sam in There but for the Grace of God, Alt-Sam in Point of View, Thera in Beneath the Surface, The Entity, and of course, Replicarter. That's all I remember. (okay, so I'm a geek.... or fangrrl laugh )

I was tickled pink to see not only Davis (while I thought the mustache was hilarious, I do wonder what was up with that), but Samuels. I hadn't expected to see him, since we haven't seen him in *years*.

Hammond's stars were a demotion, but since he hasn't been in charge of many front-line teams, there hasn't been room for promotion. Instead of being a "front-line" general, he's been a paper-pusher under a mountain.

I think the change in Sam was because she didn't go into the Air Force, so didn't have the confidence she normally does. I just wonder why she didn't join up.

I can't remember what happened to the Antartica DHD, but I think Russia got theirs from the Germans, who got it from Giza. I think.

I can't wait till next week. Because even though I'm having so much fun laughing at the changes, I want the original team back!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think the change in Sam was because she didn't go into the Air Force, so didn't have the confidence she normally does. I just wonder why she didn't join up.
In Threads, Jacob says Sam joined the Air Force because of him. Perhaps he wasn't around in this Sam Carter's life to encourage her to do so? He could have been killed early on in his military career, I guess, when Sam was still a child.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Good thing I don't mind spoilers (much) -- I won't see these episodes for another year. wink

But as for the Antarctic gate, that's the one in current use, as of the end of s3/beginning of s4. They blew up the other one with Thor's ship and the *shudder* replicators.

(For some reason, those critters bug me WAY more than the Go'auld ever did. I'm with Jack on the dislike of the bugs.)

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But as for the Antarctic gate, that's the one in current use, as of the end of s3/beginning of s4. They blew up the other one with Thor's ship and the *shudder* replicators.
The Antarctic gate was the current gate for a spell. But then it was taken over by Anubis and to avoid Earth being destroyed, they had to strap it to a ship and send it through a hyperspace window to a distant galazy before it blew up. So it was gone from Redemption II in Season 6.

After that, the SGC negotiated with the Russians to 'lease' their gate and that has been the current gate since.

Actually...just thinking here...didn't the Russians get their gate from the wreckage of the Beliskner when it crashed into the sea? In which case...that would have brought us full circle back to using the original Giza gate, wouldn't it?

Never considered that before.

Course, could be making that last bit up. It's been a while since I watched Watergate - not one of my top favourite episodes, although I always enjoy it far more than I expect to when I do get around to watching it.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
You're right. The Giza gate was beamed onto Thor's ship, which then crashed into the ocean. In Watergate, they find out the Russians found the wreck, took the Stargate, and hook it up to the DHD they got from the Germans. When the Giza gate crashed into the ocean, the SGC replaced it with the Antartic gate. The Antartic gate got sent off far far away, and to get the Giza gate back, they had to promise Russia a team member on SG1. Jack took Jonas instead, and suggested giving the Russians their own team.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I really hadn't thought about that before. That's pretty cool. <g> Full circle. I like it.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I just have to record my devastation here. frown

Was trawling idly through Amazon last night and was horrified to read a review by a buyer of the first R1 S8 DVD in which he said there were no audio commentaries on the disk. Hived over to Gateworld to see if it was true and found a thread of very disgruntled fans, none of them happy bunnies.

In common with most of those posting, audio commentaries are the primary reason I buy the boxed set. Sure, it's nice to have pristine copies of the episodes, but it's the commentaries that have me haunting the doorstep for the postman each year. And, of course, I've come to expect the usual commentary for every episode. It's something new about SG1 that I haven't heard or seen yet.

The reason for this decision seems to be clear - they're working on promoting Atlantis and it's at the expense of the SG1 fans who have supported them for so long. We get the short end of the stick and the lesser product for our money. mad

There is some indication that Atlantis disks will have commentaries (David Hewlett mentioned recording one at a recent con). But that's little comfort to SG1 fans like me who don't watch Atlantis and have no intention of buying the DVDs.

What puzzles me is that there are plenty of people normally associated with commentaries who work only on SG1 and have no connection with Atlantis. Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Peter de Luise, a lot of technical staff - so why weren't they asked? It can't have been because they were spending their time on Atlantis commentaries instead. Surely.

Anyway, I'm so disappointed by this news, I can't tell you. whinging

Very small, slim hope (which I doubt will work but may be worth a try) is for as many fans as possible to let MGM know that commentaries are important to a lot of us and will affect whether we rush out to buy the DVDs. Perhaps if they realise they've made a serious miscalculation, they might have time to do commentaries for the disks when they bring them out in R2 for the UK.

At the very least, it might make sure they give us commentaries for S9 and don't make this a trend.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard