Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
And unless you're a comics reader, you won't know what the heck I'm talking about.

We know: 1)he's a scientific genius. Early on, we see him with complicated formulas, talking to someone (Luthor) who understands what's he's saying. That takes Pete Ross out of the equation. The fact that Pete hurt his hand in EXACTLY the same spot that Ruin was hurt by S-Man, and the fact that the last issue of Adventures starts out with Luthor (as President)showing Pete (VP) a dossier on Superman verifying that Clark is Supes. I think they're throwing us a bone. Yes, Pete knows Lana's always been in love with Clark. Now he knows that Lana's also always been in love with Clark as Superman. But still...too easy. Pete Ross has Secret Service guys following him around constantly.

2) We know Ruin is someone very close to Clark. He wants to hurt everyone he loves.

3) Apparently, Ruin ISN'T Luthor, since there's a scene showing Luthor in the shadows, communicating with Ruin.

Theories?? Tank, I'd love to hear yours.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The Ruin storyline isn't one I've followed a great deal, but I agree that Pete seems to be the one they're throwing out there as the prime suspect, which of course automatically makes him not a suspect. smile

I did catch the last issue where it was shown that Luthor laid out the Clark/Superman connection to Pete and that would have made sense if that was the issue where they revealed Ruin's identity, but since they didn't I have to guess that he's definitely not Pete. The problem now though is who the heck is he? Pete from the future maybe? Young Clark Ross grown up and back through time to punish Superman for breaking his parents up? That might explain his hatred and scientific knowledge.

I'm not sure if you remember, but in pre-crisis continuity when Pete knew Superman's identity his son Jon was a major character in a few issues and also knew that Clark was Superman. Maybe they've decided to make Clark Ross a major character too.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Truthfully, I haven't really given it any thought. Whenever they do one of those 'who is he/she' type of story inevitably it turns out to be the most obvious, or someone you go "Who?" to.

If I was forced to guess I'd say Hank Henshaw.

Tank (who never liked the Hank Henshaw character even though he was originally created by a friend)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wasn't Hank the Cyborg? I remember the issue he and his fellow astronauts were introduced and always thought they were just a little too close to the Fantastic Four (of course considering Marvel's Squadron Supreme DC probably owed them one smile ).

I can see him as Ruin though considering the lengths his insane hatred of Superman has taken him in the past.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard