Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good for you! Keep it up!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iā€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iā€™m trying to be nice.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updates Sara?? got a lot of money saved up yet??

If so, feel free to send chocolate to various encouragers of your new determination <AHEM!>

TEEEEEEEEJ

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well...

I haven't been avoiding this post, really, I've just not been sure what to say.

I didn't make it. I may have picked a bad time to do it, set myself up for failure, with all the stress and problems I've been having this semester. Or maybe that's just an excuse. But, as with any addiction, it may be an excuse, but a vaild one. I think.

I don't want to be a smoker for the rest of my life. Hopefully, not even the rest of this year. Unfortunately, now's just not the right time for me to do it. frown

I do want everyone to know that I really do appreciate every single response this thread has gotten. I'm very touched that so many of you care! You can't imagine how it helped me when I was going through the first few very tough weeks.

I want to apologize, I'm not sure why... I guess I feel I let you guys down, though I really only let myself down. frown But I'm okay with that for now. I have other things I need to get back on track, so I'm concentrating on those. I do hope that when the time comes again, you'll all be here and willing to give me the same support.

Sorry, and thanks again!

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Too bad you didn't make it, Sara frown But it's the first step!

Concentrate on whatever's your priority now, and be sure we'll still be here when you want to try again smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
frown

Hey, but now you know, you've done it once right? So you can do it again, and you can maybe aim for more days than you achieved this time, and so on....

I'm positive all of us are very proud of you, thumbsup smile

~Ankit wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Absolutely, Sara! We're very proud of you for trying, and for lasting out as long as you did. And when you're ready to try again we'll still be here, cheerleading. smile

Maybe there are other FoLCs who want to quit too? You could do it together.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think you were very brave to set yourself up for a public challenge as difficult as this one, Sara, while knowing there was the possibility of failure.

And even braver to admit it didn't work out this time.

So well done! clap

And don't beat yourself up too much. If this was easy, everyone would be doing it in a week. It's not easy and maybe you didn't succeed as much as you hoped this time, but you made a good start. Next time, you'll do better.

My father tried several times to give up smoking over the years when we were kids and failed many times, but he got there eventually.

You will too.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
People who know me well have a hard time believing that I used to smoke, but I did - over 4 packs a day! (cough, cough)

I tried innumerable times to quit, and finally, in a fit of desperation quit as a birthday gift for my non-smoking fiance. We've been married more than 20 years now, so that seemed to work for me. smile

You'll find something that works for you, too. Keep trying in the future. Eventually, it will click for you.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I may have picked a bad time to do it, set myself up for failure, with all the stress and problems I've been having this semester.
Ugh, I totally understand. I smoke when I get stressed out, but I told myself this week I'd stop doing it because it's obviously not the healthiest thing in the world. Wouldn't you know all the drama and stress of this campus gathered and combusted this week. It's driving me crazy not being able to jump out on the balcony and light up. If everything doesn't quiet down soon, it's back to the balcony.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry it didn't work out this time, Sara. Congrats for trying. You know, Mark Twain once (reportedly) said, "Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it hundreds of times!" No shame in not having it work out. Better luck next time, when you're ready. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
We'll be here to support you when you're ready to try again. Keep your spirits up and you'll succeed eventually.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Merriwether
Merriwether
The average smoker quits many times -- because it is very very HARD to do! Don't worry, Sara, you'll get there. *hug*

Meanwhile, don't apologize. Deal with what you need to first, so that next time can be more successful.

Good luck!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard