Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#201354 11/07/04 09:39 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
My son registered in Cleveland, went to vote at his polling place near CWRU.
Laurie, does your son go to CWRU? See, all of us Case students got challenged at the polls (although I voted in my home town of Parma)!

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#201355 11/07/04 11:31 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
He's a recent grad of CIM, there on the CWRU campus. He's "in between" schools, in process of applying to grad schools.

So, not officially a student, but in an area heavily populated with students.

LaurieD

#201356 11/07/04 02:00 PM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Like many others there, he was challenged and given a provisional ballot, which was probably never counted since Kerry conceded.
I was worried about my vote not being counted as I voted absentee, but according to Columbus news stations the remaining absentee and provisional ballots will still be counted , even though Kerry has conceded. It would be almost impossible for these to change the presidential outcome, but they will be counted and recorded, and they might have some impact on smaller local elections. I take some small comfort in that...

Kaylle

#201357 11/07/04 03:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There was a concern about the elderly waiting in long lines --
elderly people would couldn't physically stand for 4 hours straight?
In California there is an option to have a permanent absentee ballot sent every election so you can conviently vote from your home. It's not restricted to the elderly either. My mother votes absentee all the time.
I agree this was a really devisive campaign. We need to get some civility back in our election process.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#201358 11/07/04 04:01 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Has everyone seen this map?

[Linked Image]

Based on this map, I don't think a change in the electoral college would make much difference. Likely the red states would not give up many electoral votes but the blue states would have to give up some electoral votes which they are not likely to want to do.

#201359 11/07/04 04:58 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Of course, that map does not reflect population densities, which would offset the wide open spaces of red somewhat.

Funny that today's polls indicate that people want some closure or improvement in Iraq. So, what happened to the vote?

Kaylle, I'm glad to hear that the paper ballots will be counted.

Elderly standing in line? I want to say all states have provisions for absentee ballots. (True in all 50?) In Oregon, vote by mail is the standard... no more polling places.

LaurieD

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard