Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Anyone else watch Dean's new movie on Lifetime last night?

It was cute and light. Not something I'll be rewatching, but it wasn't a waste of two hours. Dean was his usual adorable self ... he's looking very good, and it was great to see him in a romantic comedy again instead of all the "Die Hard" type action movies that he's gravitated to lately.

Storyline -- (Some spoilers below)

Denise Richards (who played Jimmy's love interest Angela on "Seasons Greedings", btw smile ) plays Lauren, a long-suffering "junior wedding planner", which means she does all the work (fabulously) and her boss takes the credit. She's in the process of getting a divorce from her cheating husband, who still can't believe she's actually serious about leaving him. Her boss lands a huge, high-visibility wedding, which Lauren needs to pull off in only 4 weeks, and if she succeeds, she gets the big promotion her boss has been promising.

Early in the movie, Lauren meets Nick (Dean Cain), a gorgeous, sweet, adorable fireman, when he comes to rescue the groom at another one of her weddings. They hit it off ... both flirting their cute little tushies off wink ... until she runs into him at a bar and sees the bride-from-hell that she's working with on the high-visibility wedding hanging all over him. Gasp, he must be the groom!

Comedy and silly antics ensue, with Nick pursuing Lauren and Lauren trying not to let herself fall for Nick, until they eventually realize they are perfect for each other. (Hint: Nick isn't who she thinks he is, bridally speaking.) More misunderstandings occur, as typical of the gendre, but nothing overly angsty or horrible. Along the way, Lauren rediscovers her backbone and starts standing up for herself instead of letting everyone walk all over her (her soon-to-be-ex, her mother, her boss). Happy ending, natch, and an even happier epilogue. smile

Dean's character was sheer perfection. Think Clark Kent without the powers, and thus without all the hangups. wink Cute, sexy, smart, funny, honest, affectionate, respectable, good with kids, and oh-so-romantic. Nothing too deep here, but gosh, it was good to see him being so adorable. smile (And seeing him in all the various types of fireman uniforms ... be still my heart! wink )

If you missed it, check out Lifetime.com for future airings -- I'm sure they'll be running the heck out of it, if their promotion leading up to the premiere was any indication. I've never seen so many commercials for a tv movie!

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the heads-up, Kathy. Sounds like a made-for-TV version of that movie "The Wedding Planner." I'll watch it for Dean, though wink

Looks like the next airing is scheduled for this Thursday, Sept. 16, 9 pt EST/8 CST on Lifetime. I'm heading over to set the TiVo.

smile smile
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Columnist
Columnist
Do watch it, Lynn! It was great. Don't know why it appealed to me so much, but I thought it was rather funny as well. Of course, the eye candy wasn't bad at all! clap Darla, the bride, was a hoot! And the whole scene at the isle had me rolling. The comments the groom made were worth the watch alone!

Guess this was what I needed at the time! Very nice movie... and while watching, there was an advertisement for another movie, about an Amish girl accused of murdering her baby... I'll definitely be watching that one!

SQD (who just loves those lifetime movies!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just watched this yesterday and lemmie tell you..2 hours of straight up drooling. Dean looks amazing through an through..a fireman (yum) with a killer smile. What more could you ask for? He was flirty, romantic, and soooo sexy.

Really nice to see Dean in this..he did a great job and he's definitely keeping in good shape drool

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes I saw it also and I agree. dean looked adorable. It was a light cute flick but I doubt I'd see it again. It was better then much of the stuff he's done before though. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Oh! I thought it was just warmed over Bambi with subtitles...wait...just kidding. wink

I liked the movie. If I hadn't already seen and loved The Wedding Planner, I might have loved it. drool , but still! That made it hard for me to get into the movie for a while...but as soon as we found out...whooboy!!! I was lovin it then! laugh I'd watch this again because it's cute, but mostly for Dean in a fireman's uniform, a tux, a fireman's uniform....a tux...you get the picture. drool

Sara (who might just put the movie on and freeze frame goofy )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, I'd love to see this movie...do you think it'll be aired in Canada? smile

Mirage

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard