Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I should have post this in the Lois & Clark section ...

Seems a masked and caped man comes to the rescue of attacked people and vanishes, once his 'job' is done. The scene takes place in Tunbridge Wells, South East London, England...

That just leaves a few unanswered questions. How does he know :

-Someone's in trouble?
-Where and when to go on a rescue?
-Is he from the hacker, police, firemen, taxi, truck drivers department...or just another FoLC? (okay, just kidding wink ).

Carole smile1

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Do you have a source for this, Carole? A link to a newspaper article or something?

As for your questions - my bet would be that he has a police scanner and listens in to it to find out where the emergencies are.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have a source for this, Carole? A link to a newspaper article or something?
well, no related website as it seems. The info was reported in the september/ october issue of Cocktail, a new french woman magazine. no pics, no nothing...so far, not even a single mention of it in Kent's online local newspapers...which is weirder.

But, as far as attacks are concerned, two guys were charged a few months for 'vampires attack' . Seems they suddenly became bloodthirsty and were attacking fellow citizen (did they even consider curing their Buffy or Angel addiction)? My point being, maybe it's just another guy trying to impersonnate the main character of the show or movie he's found of? Could be Zorro, Batrman, Robin, Superman...Catwoman, Ultrawoman (well, there's this mask thing and who can prove for sure it's not a girl)?

As for your questions - my bet would be that he has a police scanner and listens in to it to find out where the emergencies are.
That's the much logical answer, but it means he/she must be restricting himself by covering a very limited district.... because he/ she always seems to arrive before the police...

Carole smile1

PS: No comment on the Wells part of the city's name, nor on the fact that it's located in the Kent county...but sometimes coincidences are just strange wink

Blogger
Blogger
Interesting jump

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
wait a sec... i remember now. is this the guy you're talking about? if so, he has been in local papers. it's just been a little while. maybe the novelty ran out and they stopped running stories about him.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is this the guy you're talking about? if so, he has been in local papers.
Well, yeah. Seems pretty much the guy. Thanks for the link, Paul.

it's just been a little while.
Seems this french mag was four months ahead, talk about fresh news. wink

maybe the novelty ran out and they stopped running stories about him.
Or maybe they got bigger stories to take care of...it's a cruel journalistic world we're living in <g>

Carole smile1

Blogger
Blogger
I can remember something recently that made the Aussie papers about a guy they were calling "Angle Grinder Man" I think it was in the UK somewhere. Apparently the masked man turns up with his angle grinder and releases cars that have been clamped before disappearing into the night. Sounds to me like he has an axe to grind....(cringes and runs) laugh

"Certainty of Death. Little chance of success.... What are we waiting for?"

Gimli - Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King.
Columnist
Columnist
Skulleeeeeee! <groans>

Only thing is, what's an angle grinder? Aussie term?

Melisma (under her Rock, supposedly packing - her flight leaves in twenty hours!!!!!)

party party party party party party party party

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only thing is, what's an angle grinder? Aussie term?
I was wondering that too. I think it's a particular but typical do-it-yourself tool that can cut the clamps obviously put on cars by pound crew members... but I'm not quite sure...

Carole smile1

Blogger
Blogger
DOH!!

Blogger
Blogger
Just when you thought you had all the cultural differences worked out along comes another one..... Not being one of the mechanically adept... it is kind of like a drill with a circular cutting thingie attached. I can't figure out how to upload an image however check out this website, which is in fact "ANGLE GRINDER MANS' home page.

www.anglegrinderman.co.uk/home.htm

Talk about cultural cringe....Love the boots laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! I was right then! smile

Gosh!! 'bootie' call? What is it with Superheroes and suits? This one is...er...fashionally interesting. Still, they could use a dress coach advice <eg>.

Okay, this one sure ranks high on originality and 'being shiny' laugh .

Thanks for the link Skullee!

Carole smile1

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard