Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
blush

I think I need an emergency trip back to Europe right away.

I got exactly 1 question right.
rotflol
And it's not even about a country I've been to...

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I need an emergency trip back to Europe right away. I got exactly 1 question right.
Apart from the point everybody got on question 5? You sure? In that case, try emergency@getmebacktoeurope.com/asap.html (LOL, smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Giving myself partial credit for nearly correct answers I got 6.9 right.

going with straight totally correct or not I got only 4.

So, having only been to Europe once and visiting only two countries, I think I did very well...

James wink

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats, James!

And thanks for taking chances on this sequel. Got another US focused questions in store, so I can make a complete fool of myself?

Carole smile1

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sigh, I only got 6. Could have gotten #14, but I didn't recognize the spelling. frown We poor Americans spell it Delphi. And I thought the Teletubbies was a trick question, so I didn't guess the obvious. There are also four in the US. Ugh. Now I have their theme song running through my head.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We poor Americans spell it Delphi.
Geez, sorry about that, I didn't have an english dic when I did the questions.

There are also four in the US. Ugh. Now I have their theme song running through my head.
Then you had it right. And 'awww' for this song, hope it's not running through your head anymore. I guess I'm lucky I never watched it wink

Carole smile1

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We poor Americans spell it Delphi.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geez, sorry about that, I didn't have an english dic when I did the questions.
No need to be sorry. It's my fault I didn't recognize the native spelling. I meant "poor Americans" in the sense that we tend to be very English-centric while people in other countries are far more likely to know more than a single language as a matter of course.

On second reading, it occurred to me the phrase "poor Americans" could sound insulting to non-Americans, but the phrase was not intended as such.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to be sorry. It's my fault I didn't recognize the native spelling. I meant "poor Americans" in the sense that we tend to be very English-centric while people in other countries are far more likely to know more than a single language as a matter of course.
you've got that right. And I'll try quiting being sorry wink .

Carole smile1

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Since James spoke about spelling, is there any chance that Mockba is the French spelling for Moscow (which by the way is spelled Mosha in Greek... geez)? I know that in Russian it is spelt as MOCKBA when with capital letters.

If this is the case, I have 12 answers correct wink

Question #14:

In Greek the city is pronounced Delphi, written Δελφοί and using Greeklish (Greek spelling with Latin characters) Delfoi. Note that it is the same in both Ancient and New Greek.

As for Delphes, it is a Frenched or at least Latined attempt to write it.

AnnaBtG.

P.S.:

'awww' for this song, hope it's not running through your head anymore.
Frankly painful experience wink It has happened to me too.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Mee Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Moscou is the french spelling for Moscow wave

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Thanks, Mee.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yeah, I got one... the one about a piece of France in South America. The only country I've been to outside the US is Mexico, and that was on a band trip at the beginning of the year. I need to get out more. goofy

Samik.

"I don't like people to talk for no reason, but I really love dialogue between people who aren't listening to each other." --Raymond Carter
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard