Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#197540 07/30/03 11:17 AM
BevBB Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm posting this both here and on the message board because I'm not sure which would be the best place to get an answer. I was just trying to look up a bit of Superman trivia (specifically when Lex Luthor first became an industrial/corporate giant instead of a mad scientist) and realized that nothing I had on Superman actually talked about it. FYI: The two books I already have are DC COMICS: SIXTY YEARS OF THE WORLD'S FAVORITE COMIC BOOK HEROES and SUPERMAN AT FIFTY: THE PERSISTENCE OF A LEGEND. Surely, there's something either a little more recent or more comprehensive about the character himself. So, here's the question, what's the best reference out there for information about Superman as opposed to comics in general or DC Comics in particular?

Beverly :-)
http://www.booksanctuary.com

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
#197541 07/30/03 01:33 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Beverly, the book that I own is titled, "Superman - The Complete History" by Les Daniels.

It's a very good and comprehensive book.

BTW: Luthor as a corporate mogul was the invention of John Byrne in his 1986 reimagining of the Superman legend.

Tank (who likes Luthor as a business man, and Lois as more than just a woman infatuated with 'the suit')

#197542 07/30/03 04:11 PM
BevBB Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Tank. I'll look for it.
Beverly

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
#197543 07/30/03 06:54 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I also have that book and have found it incredibly interesting. I recently bought it off Amazon.com so I'd venture to guess that there are still more copies to buy there. smile

~Anna

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard