Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
not sure how many of you have heard of this, but my dad pointed out a website to me yesterday. it's the US government's "do not call" registry. basically, you go to this page, fill out a form with your phone number and email address, click the link in the email they send you, and then a huge list of telemarketers is blocked from calling you for 5 years.

it won't help with calls from survey companies, charities, political orginizations, or companies that you've given your phone # to (i.e. you bought something from them and gave them your # as part of the transaction), but it will stop cold calls from people trying to sell you stuff (loans, mortgages, credit cards, real estate services, random products, etc).

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Columnist
Columnist
Paul, we have something like that in Canada, although I'm not sure what it's called. I worked as a telemarketer for several companies. Yes, I did - needed the money desperately or go on welfare, so sue me smile Actually, I didn't do all that well at it, so I didn't do it very long at a time, before I was fired... Anyway, we were told that we had to take certain steps if ever a person we called told us to take their name off our calling list. These were companies that called both Canada and the States, BTW....

Melisma (ducking back under her Rock to avoid rotten tomatoes)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Paul, thank you for the page.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
MN state has had a do not call registry for a while now. The states that do automatically add your name to the national list if you're on the state's list. So I'm already on it. smile

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard