Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Columnist
Columnist
Oh boyyo! I just have to go haunt the bookstore and see if they have finally gotten the shipment in, now. You guys are killing me here... Well, it *is* the beginning of July, and they promised me it would be in by the end of June - but they promised to call... I'll just have to go lean on them, ya think??? Or is there a site I can go to (very illegally I'm sure) where someone has downloaded it for those of us in remote parts of the world where they are so 'backward' as to think nobody wants to read an English book the day it is released?...

Melisma (getting off her soapbox and crawling back under her Rock to go ring up the bookstore *again*)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Melisma - there is indeed a very evil scan of the book in the net. I don't know where. I got it from a friend. But after the first four chapters I quit reading it, because already a page was missing. A page I thought quite important for the proceedings that early in the story.
That's why I have decided to buy the book instead where I know I'll get all the pages and which I can take with me wherever it pleases me (in opposition to reading it on-screen...too much pages to print them all).

Maybe I just missed the feel of a book in my hands while reading...or I'm just too honest for my own good. I'm still waiting for *my* shipment, too. So let's wait together. It will be worth it. I'm sure.

~Sira

Merriwether
Merriwether
I guess I could have read this topic before the book after all. <tiny g> Not feeling much like smiling at the moment. <sigh>

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Well, he wasn't my favorite character. He actually wasn't even a leading candidate on my "list of people who likely got it." And the actual death, as was mentioned by others, mostly made me go, "Say what?" But when Harry and Luna had that talk a couple chapters later . . . ok, then I did cry. But yes, the death in HP4 was far more wrenching.

As for Dumbledore's revelations to Harry . . . for over a year I've been utterly convinced I knew why Voldemort went after Harry. Totally wrong. <grumble> Although this does explain a few things . . .

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
Holy Canole, I finally got my book yesterday afternoon - was up until 4:30 am this morning reading, and am just over halfway done. Will now be able to join the discussion - just give me another half day or so smile

Melisma (a happy camper, finally, here under her Rock - skiving off on a schoolwide activity so that she can read... and she's a TEACHER!!! ... oh yeah, and can you tell she just learnt a new Britishism??? smile )

- Yoda
Columnist
Columnist
Well, I've finished reading it... It took about 24 hours from the time I bought it to the time I finished reading, and that was taking time out for teaching 8 hours of English, a couple of (disjointed) hours for sleeping, an hour at the gym, and, well, other personal stuff...

Whew! Intense or what, and I was guessing all the way through about who it was that kicked it - had a few potential victims in mind, and yes, one of them was the winner...

I'm rather frustrated, tho'... Two years (prolly) before we find out how many OWLs Harry and Hermione and Ron got... And the shippiness is heating up laugh - time to go look up some fanfic to save my sanity, I guess. After I catch up on the sleep I lost to reading.

Talk to you later - time to SLEEP!!!

Melisma (yawning here under her Rock)

- Yoda
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard