Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#197111 06/05/03 03:48 PM
Skitz Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I just saw this movie, and if seeing him in Moulin Rouge (and A Life Less Ordinary) wasn't enough, I am now without a doubt completely obsessed with Ewan McGregor. This was a surprisingly good movie. Ewan did three accents (okay, so maybe one of them was just his own accidently slipping through, I don't care I love the Scottish), wore just a towel twice (and once it rode very low jawdrop ), and sang. Doesn't he have a great voice? Although I almost got violent at that point. The movie theatre tried to cut the movie right as the credits started so I didn't get to hear the song. Luckily I yelled, my group agreed with me, and everyone else started yelling at management b/c that's the best part. Hmmm, wonder if I'm spoiled or in any way a control freak? lol, anyway has anyone else seen the movie so I can obsess over it with them?

#197112 06/05/03 04:51 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I haven't seen the movie yet, but heard it was really cute. He is definately cool! I got to spend about 10 days with him on location in Alabama while shooting his next movie the "Big Fish". To tell you the truth I wasn't a big fan of his until I actually met him. He is really nice and down to earth. laugh

I heard part of the sound track and agree-- I think he sounds pretty good.

Skitz- once I see it I will obsess over it with you wink

Jessica

#197113 06/05/03 07:37 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I'm sorry, I just can't like Ewan McGregor after I saw "The Pillow Book." Actually, he is one of the only actors whose name I know because of that movie. Oh my gosh, that movie was scary enough to make me never look at him in the same way ever again. I will always picture him getting skinned whenever I look at him. My friend got the movie and convinced me to watch it because I had a TV in my dorm room and she didn't -- and I was so so so so disturbed.

- Alicia

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#197114 06/05/03 09:36 PM
D
Dan Offline
Blogger
Blogger
D
eek

#197115 06/05/03 09:40 PM
Skitz Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Wow Jessica, you realize I hate you now, right? You completely suck! Yeah, he tends to be, which is why I like him as an actor. Plus he's a big animal rights person. Just last year he wrote to the U.S. government to plead for the release of seven Arctic polar bears which were being ill-treated at a circus in Puerto Rico. You realize of course that you're required to spill al the details of meeting him and to find me the minute you see Down With Love so I can talk to someone about it, right? I'm sorry about the negative experience Alicia, but you shouldn't let that put you off of all his movies. Some of them are really good. lol, typical that you saw the only nc-17 movie he's ever made. Maybe if you just wait a little longer, or watched some of his other movie it could help remove the experience a bit. Hope you aren't scarred!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard