Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#196981 05/26/03 02:45 AM
Melisma Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Okay, I've only ever worked with dial-up internet, but here at school we have DSL. Not too much of a problem, but, I'm trying to run scandisk, and later defrag, on one of the computers and scandisk keeps re-starting. I've closed down all the programs I usually do that I've found make it re-start, so now I'm wondering if the reason is the DSL connection. If so, how do I disconnect that temporarily so that I can get the maintenance done?

Thanks guys smile

Melisma (under her Rock, trusting that at least one FoLC will be able to advise her)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#196982 05/26/03 07:54 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't see why the DSL connection would stop you from running scandisk, unless there was a program in the background getting information. I'd say close everything, and end-task on everything except for Explorer and Systray, and try it again.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard