Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#196957 05/26/03 04:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Caroline, welcome to the boards. I'll ditto what the others have said about the great fic here.
However, I *am* older than dirt. But I'm not sure that's made me wiser.
I live in California, halfway between LA and Las Vegas (aka Lost Wages).
Lois and Clark is now on TBS as Paul noted, but they have only one feed. So you have to do the time conversion from EDT to CDT to figure out when it is on. There are 2 episodes a day. We just finished the first season after starting - what May 12?
Since mine comes on at 5 a.m., I record both episodes each day and play them while I'm doing housework.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#196958 05/26/03 04:49 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello Artemis! I did notice the change to TBS. I turned it to TNT one morning and it wasn't on and I was like "What the...." and so I immediately turned to TV guide channel! LOL And then it very graciously informed me of the change. Videotaping is a good idea! LOL I wonder why it didn't hit me before...

Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
#196959 05/26/03 05:12 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It can run into massive amounts of tapes, though. Someone suggested that since we are unlikely to ever get DVD's of the whole series and Columbia House stopped their tapes of Lois and Clark, we might be well advised to start taping to preserve the episodes. You can get 2 episodes on standard play on a tape. That will mean a total of 88 tapes, which is a large investment. On standard long play you can get 6 (don't buy the 8 hour tapes if you want to keep anything, they don't last as well). So that would be 30 tapes.
I taped the original ABC run, which sometimes did not have a great picture because it was on a broadcast network. Cable is usually a better picture and TBS has been good. Except for the day of "Green Green Glow of Home."
Have fun! clap
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#196960 05/26/03 07:15 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome Caroline! It's always wonderful to see new people.

Anyway, I'm Saskia (just forget about the pronounciation wink ) and I live in the Netherlands. I'm 21 and so glad if I'm a bit older. And yes, I recommend taping. Since the BBC won't play the series very often and over here we have subtitles... the stupidest invention ever. :p

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#196961 05/26/03 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey Caroline!

Welcome aboard! I'm Carole from Paris, France.

Like Kaethel ( wave de Paris à Chatelleraut) I hope you'll be posting fanfics soon. I'm litterally devouring fics these days!
laugh

#196962 05/26/03 08:49 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since the BBC won't play the series very often and over here we have subtitles... the stupidest invention ever.
Hey, count your blessings, Saskia - could be worse. It could be dubbed. <g> At least with subtitles you get to hear Clark's voice. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#196963 05/26/03 09:02 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, dubbed is worse, I've never heard that before for Lois and Clark. But the people here just can't translate the things that are said into decent sentances that do justice to what's really said.

For instance: "Clark, I think I love you since I was so devestated over your supposed death" would become "Clark, I love you and don't die on my again." I'm making it a bit worse, but really, it's very bad and you can't turn the subtitles of, really frustrating.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#196964 05/26/03 09:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sas!

how about hiding them behing a large piece of paper instead?

And you're so lucky to be able to watch the serie in original version! I so hated the french dubbing... it wasn't that bad, but it's so frustrating to listen to french sentences when you already lipread the character's answer in english...

Carole

#196965 05/26/03 11:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Caroline, and anyone else who would like to have copies of all the episodes: Annette Ciotola, our terrific boards host, will make copies of all 88 episodes for the price of tapes and shipping for anyone who asks. See this thread for more details. Caroline, perhaps your parents might be persuaded that it would be the perfect birthday present? goofy

I'm not sure whether she's able to get around the NTSC/PAL thing, for those of us outside the US and Canada, but it's worth asking.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#196966 05/27/03 01:41 AM
Columnist
Columnist
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by rivka:

I'm Rivka, age 29 -- which I believe makes me an ice age relic, but not quite as old as dirt. evil )

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#196967 05/28/03 04:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So i'm not that old, in fact I'm part of the young ones!!
(me wipes my forehead in relief)

Carole

#196968 05/28/03 06:59 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hello, Caroline! Welcome to the party!

My name is Malu, I'm almost turning 25 (I think Paul is just over one month older than I am; just found out) and I am currently living in Arlington, Texas. I'm originally from Brazil, but I came over for a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering. It's been less than one year since I've been here, but it's been fun so far.

I joined the FoLCdom about two years ago, when I found Zoom's message boards. Have been reading all those wonderful fics ever since.

Hope you enjoy your time here, just like I do everyday!

malu wave

#196969 05/28/03 09:03 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Hi Caroline! I'm new here too. My name is Jen, and I'll be 19 in September, which I guess makes me one of the younger ones. See you around!

Jen

#196970 05/28/03 09:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Caroline,

hyper

Guys! Please don't talk about age.

[Linked Image]

MAF [Linked Image]

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#196971 05/28/03 03:33 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome!

I, too, have recently de-lurked after having hung around for about 6 months. I watched the series from its original broadcasts on ABC and hung around the chatrooms briefly at the time. After a few years hiatus, my sister got me to watch again. Since then, I've been reading quite a bit of fanfic and reading these message boards.

Maybe someday I'll write some fanfic myself if I have the time. I have one story half written but then got writers block.

I'm 36, seemingly among the older ones here, working as a software engineer.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#196972 05/28/03 04:22 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Welcome Caroline, I live in a ghurb for city. Anyways, and I am the youngest of the folcs, 16, maybe I am. You wanna know what I get for my 17th b-day, back surgery frown . Sorry to burden this thread with my physical baggage, oh yeah, Welcome if I didn't say it before,did I say before?

Ja-10

#196973 05/28/03 05:54 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey! Nice to meet you. smile

I'm 25ish and *definately* older than dirt. <vbg> Actually, *all* of us are older than dirt because new dirt is created every day. evil

BrightFeather

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard