#196870 05/28/03 02:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
industrial, huh?

it's making it even harder 'cause it could be copies and could have been made anywhere.

I'm glad you liked the manufacturing methods lesson wink

the url to the link is: http://www.williammanson.co.uk/mainpage.htm

and it's working with me so I'm confused

Carole (who's considering manufacturing a Stuart trap wink )

#196871 05/30/03 03:34 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
It could be Depression Ware, especially with the gold band. My aunt collects it, but I never really pay too much attention when she rattles on.

Depression Ware is a huge hobby over here, so I'm sure there are lots of websites devoted to it.

HTH smile

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#196872 05/30/03 04:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LabRat:
I got this from the BBC site that avia sent. It looks like your glass except for no gold trim.

[Linked Image]

As to the appraisal process, I'm afraid I don't know. I didn't trawl the Brit website, but I do know they do the show in Britain.

Since it is gold trimmed, I'm doubtful it is Depression Glass. That was industrial glass made for the masses in 1929-1939. It's very plain and simple. Do you know what year your Grandmother is likely to have gotten it? Was it a wedding gift to her? It sounds like it would be.

Tell Stuart that the masses are going to rise up out of the computer and demand he take a picture if he doesn't hop to it!

cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#196873 05/30/03 05:59 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the continuing help, everyone. smile

I trawled through a few websites on Depression glass at one point, but couldn't find anything close to matching these pieces.

Artemis - I know absolutely zip about their history, so no clue to your questions, I'm afraid. I inherited them from my mother, who inherited them from hers, but how much further back they go I have no idea. All I know is that growing up I remember them being in gran's china cabinet. goofy He's been rushing around with one thing and another between shifts and I've barely seen him for more than five minutes, but hopefully I'll get those photos done over the weekend, now that the car's safely MOT'd and things have calmed down some. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#196874 06/03/03 05:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aww!!!

Then I'll get a chance to have a look at those glasses...great!

Carole

#196875 06/03/03 05:23 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
but I do know they do the show in Britain.
Oh no argument there! It's almost a national institution... been running for years. smile

Typical Sunday evening in my family was spent at my Gran's house: Sandwiches (cut into triangles of course), cakes and tea in proper china cups for tea. Songs of Praise then Antiques Roadshow, followed by Last of the Summer Wine on TV... with me and my sister bored senseless through having to behave.... wink

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard