#196783 05/16/03 01:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey everyone!

I just wonder if some of you, preferably living in Scotland, could enlight me on one point.

see, a friend of mine offered me a design bottle of Eneagles mineral water, stamped "product of Scotland"...and I couldn't find anything about it on the Net (I'm jut curious here).

Thanks a lot,

Carole

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Never heard of it. Are you sure it's not Gleneagles?

Gleneagles Spring Water

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
My great-grandfather on my dad's side was born in Leith, Scotland - does that count?

(Although I'm not living in Scotland; never have been there, but I want to. And I can't answer the question. But then, it looks like the Rat has smile )

Melisma (under her Rock, shutting up now smile )

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Scotties??

/me thought this was a thread about dogs... wink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Wendy goofy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
Actually, Wendy, so did I at first, but then I saw that LabRat had posted, so I deduced that it might be related to people... laugh

Melisma (under her Rock, oooohing and awwwwing over the cute dog pictures in Wendy's post smile )

- Yoda
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
er...you're totally right Labrat, I forgot a G <g> somewhere. thanks for the infos!

And about dogs...I thought they where Scottish and not Scotties...though i'm not really qualified when it comes to dogs...

Carole

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The only thing you need worry about, Cyad, is never, ever refer to someone from Scotland as Scotch. goofy It strikes a nerve and can raise the hackles quicker than one of those dogs could. laugh

Scotch is drink, not a nationality. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
So would a full-blooded Scot recognize a quarter-blooded Scot as kin?

Melisma (scooting - oops almost typed scotted blush - back under her Rock shyly)

- Yoda
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh I think we could manage that Melisma. I can't see it being any great hardship! wink

Loriel (welcoming Melisma to the family. smile )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Loriel and Labrat, what part of Scotland do you guys live in? I've visited my family in Scotland twice, near Glasgow in Hogganfield(I think).

Ja-10

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I live in a small town in the country, almost halfway between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Actually, Hogganfield (and Hogganfield Loch) is just a few minutes drive away from here. We often take our labrador, Homer, up to the loch. He likes the ducks. <g>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm in North Aryshire, about 30 miles south of Glasgow. I actually had to go and look up an OS map to find out where Hogganfield was, local geography is not my strong point. blush I'm also in Glasgow a lot as I'm at uni there (bane of my life at the moment. sad )

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Weren't there more posts in this thread yesterday?
I wonder what the mods are up to?

Ja-10

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
JA-10, there was a problem with the server and the last 24 hours worth of data has been lost. Hence some posts being missing.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh, thanks Labrat, I was bit confused.

Ja-10 the unconfused

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Ja-10

I don't know if you saw my post yesterday, before it got eaten! smile

You mentioned Caledonia. Yeah, you were right. It's one of 3 uni's in Glasgow. We've got Glasgow Uni (oldest, and the best - tho I may be prejudiced! wink ), Strathclyde Uni and Glasgow Caledonia.

What are you going to study at uni? You should think about Scotland, it's really nice, so long as you don't mind the rain, or unreliable weasther forecast! laugh You could say they are reliable in that they are never right... wink

Loriel (who would like to visit the states someday, hopefully around the same time as a Fest! smile )

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yeah, my cousin told me about Strathclyde and Glasgow Uni. My other cousin went to Glasgow Uni.

I've been to the U.K. a couple of times. The first time it was pretty warm, especially since we were expecting cold weather. The second time it was raining.

I don't think I would attend any universities other than UOP, in California. They have a very good dental program and that's what I have my eye on as of right now. If I don't get accepted into there dental program, I might just go to UC Davis or UCLA.

Oh and next time I visit Scotland, I'll look you guys up laugh .

Ja-10

Merriwether
Merriwether
[tangent]

Sorry, this is way offtopic... but wink go UCLA! dance

[/tangent]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by rivka:
[tangent]

Sorry, this is way offtopic... but wink go UCLA! dance

[/tangent]
LOL!!

Ja-10

Columnist
Columnist
Well, thanks to Loriel for claiming me as Scot smile My dad's mother's father was born in Leith, which as I understand it is now part of Edinburgh, is that right? Anyway, he came to Newfoundland (now a Canadian province) with his father and brothers, as the family story goes, and they settled there. Sounds like there were sisters that they left there, but I have to go bug my aunts to be sure - but we might have relatives still there! His surname was Wood, btw...

Melisma (shutting up for now, here under her Rock)

- Yoda
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard