Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
evil I got this from one of my friends today

1. Make race car noises when anyone gets on or off
2. Blow your nose and offer to show the contents of your Kleenex
3. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up,
dammit, all of you just SHUT UP!"
4. Whistle the first seven notes of "It's a Small World" incessantly.
5. Sell Girl Scout Cookies
6. On a long ride, sway side to side at the natural frequency of the
elevator
7. Shave
8. Crack open a briefcase or purse and while peering inside, ask, "Got
enough air in there?"
9. Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator - wear yours
upside down
10. Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall without
getting off
11. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open,
then act embarrassed when they open by themselves
12. Lean over to another passenger and whisper, "Noogie patrol coming!"
13. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask
them to call you Admiral.
14. One word: Flatulence!
15. On the highest floor, hold the door open and demand that it stay open
until you hear the penny you dropped down the shaft go "plink" at the bottom
16. Do Tai chi Exercises
17. Stare, grinning at another passenger for a while, and then announce,
"I've got new socks on!"
18. When at least 8 people have boarded, moan from the back, "Oh, not now,
damn motion sickness!"
19. Give religious tracts to each passenger
20. Meow occasionally
21. Bet the other passengers you can fit a quarter in your nose.
22. Frown and mutter, "Gotta go, gotta go," then sigh and say, "Oops!"
23. Show other passengers a wound and ask if it looks infected
24. Sing, "Mary had a little lamb," while continually pushing buttons
25. Holler, "Chutes Away!" whenever the elevator descends
26. Walk on with a cooler that says, "Human Head" on the side
27. Stare at another passenger for a while, then announce, "You're one of
THEM!" and move to the far corner of the elevator
28. Burp and then say, "Mmmmmm.... tasty!"
29. Leave a box between the doors
30. Ask each passenger getting on if you can push the button for them
31. Wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passengers "through" it
32. Start a sing-along
33. When the elevator is silent, look around and ask, "Is that your
beeper?"
34. Play the harmonica
35. Shadow box
36. Say, "Ding!" at each floor
37. Lean against the button panel
38. Say, "I wonder what all these do?" and push the red button.
39. Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope
40. Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other
passengers that this is your "personal space"
41. Bring a chair along
42. Take a bite of a sandwich and ask another passenger, "Wanna see wha in
muh mouf?"
43. Blow spit bubbles
44. Pull your gum out of your mouth in long strings
45. Announce in a demonic voice, "I must find a more suitable host body."
46. Carry a blanket and clutch it protectively
47. Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button
48. Wear x-ray specs and leer suggestively at other passengers
49. Stare at your thumb and say, "I think it's getting larger."
50. If anyone brushes against you, recoil and holler, "Bad touch!"

Variation on Number 24 is: "I just called to say I love you" while playing
the buttons as if they were a phone pad.

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hahaha. rotflol Brilliant. Makes me wonder who has the imagination to think up these things.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I've seen a bunch of different versions of this, but every time I do, I stop and read it again. They just totally crack me up. I would give anything to see the other passengers' expressins if someone actually did these things.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Funny, funny!

I would give anything to see the other passengers' expressins if someone actually did these things.
Annie, for one of my college classes we were supposed to "do something deviant," so my friend and I got chairs, set them back to back in an elevator and sat on them, reading books while we rode up and down 23 floors.

No one paid any attention to us at all. goofy

Shadowfax

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This isn't exactly the same, but we have an ad here for a brand of beer where a guy's friends build a fake brick wall and place it so that when the elevator doors open all he sees are bricks and thinks the elevator is stuck between floors. It makes me laugh, every time I see it.

Actually, I think I find it amusing because it reminds me of Road Runner cartoons and RR painting fake train tunnels on cliff faces. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
one day, towards the end of freshman year, i was getting really depressed. i'd pretty much tired myself out more thoroughly than i'd ever done before, so i didn't have enough energy to maintain my usual cheerful personality.

i decided i needed to do something about this, or i'd go nuts in a bad way. so, i put on my beanie copter (with a bumper sticker my roommate got from a friend and didn't want that advertized the band "propellerhead"), and made a sign that said something stupid like "homework got you down? don't worry! be happy!" with a big silly smiley face (all done in sloppy handwriting with bright red marker). i taped the sign on my shirt, and went to class.

well, all along the halls, i got strange looks and more than a few smiles. seeing the reactions and wondering what people were thinking really got me going again. (btw, it's quite a feat to get people to think you're weird when you're strolling down the halls of MIT, though some of the reactions may have had more to do with my big goofy grin than with anything else...)

as it happened, the class i was going to was on the 6th floor of one of the out-of-the-way buildings. there are physics classes there and most of the nuclear engineering department, too. the top floor, though, has a special freshman program (which is where i was headed).

so, i got in the elevator, still smiling widely from all the funny looks i'd gotten. the elevator stopped on the 2nd or 3rd floor, and a random prof stepped in. he looked at me. you could almost see the words "uhm... okay... what is it this time?" go through his head. "is this some kind of fraternity thing?" he asked.

don't remember exactly what i replied, but it was something along the lines of "nope. just needed a pick-me-up." i tried, mostly sucessfully, to keep my grin down to a friendly smile. it wasn't enough. he was nice about it, but i think he was very glad to get off the elevator. evil

i stepped off on the sixth floor and walked over to ESG, that freshman program i mentioned. it's full of the people who are willing to step out of the mainstream of MIT, if that tells you anything. really fun place. most of the coolest people i know on campus are in some way associated with it. anyway, my sign and hat got relatively little notice there. some smiles, a "nice hat" or two, and one or two people who asked sympathetically if i was getting bogged down.

i took it off soon after, but the walk was enough to keep me in decent spirits for the rest of the week. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
These were hilarious! Again, I've seen variations, but love them all!
This isn't exactly the same, but we have an ad here for a brand of beer where a guy's friends build a fake brick wall and place it so that when the elevator doors open all he sees are bricks and thinks the elevator is stuck between floors. It makes me laugh, every time I see it.
I obviously haven't watched TV in way to long as I've yet to have the pleasure of this ad! (At the moment, if I have time to watch anything, I fast forward thro ads.)

Tho, I have seen that car ad! (Brits will know the one I mean! smile ) I was amazed the first time I saw it! It's a domino effect with cars parts. I read in the paper that it cost tens or hundreds of thousands, was shot, on the 606th take, in one continuous take. It amazes me every time I see it! shock

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tho, I have seen that car ad! (Brits will know the one I mean! ) I was amazed the first time I saw it! It's a domino effect with cars parts. I read in the paper that it cost tens or hundreds of thousands, was shot, on the 606th take, in one continuous take. It amazes me every time I see it!
That one is amazing. You know I've wondered ever since I saw it if it was one continuous take or not or even if it was faked somehow with CGI. Fascinating to hear that it was the real thing. Wow.

They only show a shortened version of it most times now though. frown

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I saw it for the first time during ER, before it had been in the paper or anything, so got the full version, tho I think that's the only time.

You know I've wondered ever since I saw it if it was one continuous take or not or even if it was faked somehow with CGI.
The article in the paper said it was a continous take, but someone (my sister?) said that they had to do it in 2 halves, because one of the 'dominoes' in the middle just couldn't be done. I still believe it was continuous tho.

Oh, and the car manufactures weren't happy, as the car the ad producers used was their first one/prototype model. laugh

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Merriwether
Merriwether
I know someone who was an engineering student about 20 years ago. He and a friend rewired the elevator buttons, so each one went to a different floor than it was supposed to.

After a few days, a DIFFERENT student fixed it. wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
Heh!

:::tears herself away from the Harry Potter books:::

I go to TGI Friday's at least twice a month (get tired of my own cooking, and sometimes you need a break from Korean food too) - TGI's is on the sixth floor of a building not far from our school.

Some of those things wouldn't work here (I don't speak Korean), but others would be a cinch to adapt. But I wonder if the Koreans would just chalk it up to me being a foreigner - they look cockeyed at foreigners anyway, a lot of the time. We're so different from them, ya know smile

Melisma (chuckling as she pulls herself back under her Rock to see what Ron and Harry and Hermione are cooking up now smile

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I had two friends in college (we were theatre majors) who would spent the entire time in the elevator arguing, "Tastes great!" "Less filling!" Usually drove the other passengers nuts! smile1

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard