Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#196400 05/01/03 11:05 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Hi all,

Just got back from a midnight showing of X2 (sequel to X-Men) and had to just say one thing - wow! If you were already planning on seeing this movie, see it as soon as possible so you can see it again. If you weren't, go see it - it's worth the price of admission.

This absolutely blew away my expectations - understandable characters and motivations, awesome FX and a great story. Even though it's 3 AM, I am so revved up from seeing this - it was great.

I'm interested to hear what other people who saw it think.

Very glad tomorrow is a reading day so she can sleep,
Elle

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
#196401 05/02/03 02:03 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I saw it a couple of days ago and it was fantastic. Nonstop action from start to finish. The two and a bit hours flew by and I wanted more when it was over. I wonder how long we have to wait for X3?

"Certainty of Death. Little chance of success.... What are we waiting for?"

Gimli - Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King.
#196402 05/02/03 02:09 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just saw it this afternoon. smile1 Frankly, I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't finished most of my medium Cherry Coke 15 minutes into the movie. Next time, no drink! I missed like 2 minutes of the final scene because I couldn't wait any longer. blush Thanks to the comic book adaption, I knew most of the plot. I had guessed at another part from hints on the net, but the extent of it blew me away. I can't wait to go see it again! hyper

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#196403 05/02/03 04:25 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just got back from it, as well. It was an awesome movie, and it would have been even more awesome if six jr. high girls were not sitting directly behind me and TALKING during the movie even though they had not even seen the first one!!! mad

Ok, rant over!

Great movie! No spoiling it for other ppl, please. I can say without spoiling it that the special effects ROCKED! and the story was good, although I have my own personal nitpicks.

Go see it! It's worth the six bucks I paid for it, and I won't pay six bucks for many movies.

Lois: "Kent is a hack from Smallville. I couldn't make that name up."

Read my Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/anni_the_diva/
#196404 05/03/03 01:07 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
My hubby and I went to see it last night. He originally didn't want to see it, but he knew how much I wanted to so...

Anyway, even he thought it was good. I can't wait to see it again.

On a side rant, what is it with people talking during this movie? A couple sat behind us and he wouldn't stop until Craig finally had to say something to him. It sounded like his date never saw the first movie so he was introducing each character to her and explaining their powers. It was so annoying. I mean, if you know you're going to see it and haven't seen the first one, please go rent it...duh! mad

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#196405 05/03/03 10:22 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I saw it last night and loved! The time just flew past, which is really saying something, as, recently. films just don't seem to hold my attention! I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole way through! smile1

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
#196406 05/03/03 12:04 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Agreed with everyone here. I saw it last night and I am impatiently waiting for X3. I also had a few nitpicks, but I don't want to put spoilers in this thread, for the people who haven't seen it. On a scale of 1 to 10, X2 gets a 10 no doubt.

#196407 05/04/03 07:54 AM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I gotta agree, it was awesome!

Funny, at my theater we also had problems with people talking, namely a bunch of kids in the front row. Of course, since they were talking, other kids in the audience kept telling them to shut up.

Other than that, it was very enjoyable. I just wished I'd bought a late show ticket instead.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#196408 05/05/03 09:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, i saw it tonight. i posted in the spoiler thread with some nitpicks, but overall, i have to say it was really cool. much better than x1, imo.

no people talking in the theater, but a lot of cheering and a few laughs. made for a great show. smile

i'm very picky about my movies, but i'll definitely give this one a thumbsup

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard