Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#196310 05/02/03 05:23 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Whoops, was it Jules Verne? I was thinking about that as I posted, but couldn't remember. Since Doc liked to time travel, I thought it might have been Wells, but now I don't know! dizzy

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#196311 05/03/03 09:44 AM
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
BTTF part 1 is one of the three movies that I always say, "this is my very favorite movie in all the world." laugh

I have watched this movie over and over and over again and every time it airs I can't resist watching it one more time.

I just loved the incredible amount of detail, even in really minor things.
Yes, every time I watch it I catch something new. dance

It's usually the little things that draw me back to watch something more than once and this movie is no exception: Marty's reaction to the gas station attendants rushing out to service the car (we don't see that any more!), the comments about Marty's down vest (life preserver? lol!), Marty's difficulty with opening a bottle of soda - ROFL!

And Pam, as many times as I've seen this movie I never noticed the Twin Pines Mall and Lone Pine Mall thing, lol. Now I have to go back and watch the movie again just so I can see that part. Dang! wink

Shadowfax

#196312 05/04/03 09:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gosh, I'm sorry I've forced you to this torture! goofy

But I can't really take credit for it -- I didn't spot it in the movie myself, just read an article that mentioned it smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#196313 05/12/03 08:35 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aughhh I love those movies, they are the best! Have you guys ever noticed the little homages to BTTF in "Tempus Fugitive"? And it's no coincidence that HG Wells' device in "Tempus Anyone" is called a flux capacitor. Of course, TF adheres to a slightly different theory of time travel than BTTF but... ok let's play a game. Can anyone cite the homages (intentional or not) in TF? laugh

Ems

Molly
#196314 05/12/03 08:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yeah, they're fun movies. i like the calvin klien thing and the changing name of the canyon at the end of the 3rd movie and that scene where marty jumps off the tower in the middle of the second and doc brown's refrigerator and jonny be goode and... laugh a lot of fun moments, even if it was the same movie 3 times over. wink

anyone ever watch the tv series?

so, yeah, i'm a fan of BTTF, too, but i'm also posting to welcome LNC rox my sox to the boards. smile great screenname. also, as member #273, may i say you're the absolute coolest? (sorry. chemistry joke. sadly, though, it was my first thought when i saw the number) anyway, welcome and have fun. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#196315 05/13/03 05:38 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Paul. smile

ems

Molly
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard