Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#196184 04/29/03 06:08 PM
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Since the thread from last week got a pretty good discussion going, I'll start another thread for this week's ep.

Plot Summary: Freek of the Week is Zachary Ty Bryan of Home Improvement (co-starring Johnathan Taylor Thomas, who also played a FOTW). He and his buddies are melting down refined Kryptonite stolen from LuthorCorp and inhaling it to enhance thier baseball skills. Clark catches them and tips off the police, but since Lex wants to know what was in the LuthorCorp truck, he bails FOTW out. FOTW goes after Clark's parents and The Torch is mysteriously vandalized too. Clark confronts FOTW and his friends and beats them in a fight, then takes the Kryptonite and has Pete bury it (presumably in Wayne Irig's backyard wink ).

Meanwhile, Chloe and Clark are in a fight over the fact that Clark puts Lana before Chloe. At first Clark resigns himself to the fact that they won't be friends anymore, but then Lana gives him a pep talk and he decides to talk to Chloe, but Chloe doesn't want to listen.

Lana finds out that her father's (Patrick Cassidy) wife is filing for devorce. She sits him down for a pep talk (she gave a few of them this ep) and tells him to work it out with her.

While Chloe is investigating the FOTW truck theft, she runs into Lionel Luthor at the hospital and is flattered that Lionel knows who she is and follows her work at The Torch. Later Lionel offers to cut a check to rebuild the vandalized Torch office and get Chloe a column at the Daily Planet.

Good Things: Lotsa Chloe. Almost enough Pete to satisfy me. At least the FOTW was somewhat explained. Lotsa Chloe. Patrick Cassidy; it's always good to see LnC alumni. Chloe/Lionel scenes were great! Oh, and did I mention that there was lotsa Chloe?

Bad Things: FOTW is back. The ep title was ripped off LnC. Lana cried... again. Too much hothead-Jonathan. Clark won't make up his mind to be with either Lana or Chloe (of course he should pick Chloe, but I'd be happy if he just picked somebody).

Overall I thought it was an okay ep. Not great, but not at all terrible. There have been worse ones. Much worse.

Anybody agree? Disagree? Did I leave anything out?

~Anna (who is excited about lotsa Chloe and anxious to see what everyone else thinks)

#196185 04/29/03 06:44 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Isn't Zachary getting a little large and a little old to still be in highschool? Yeah yeah I know its a TV show with all that implies, but I don't remember people looking so old or girls looking or acting like Chloe or Lana when I was in high school. Personally I find Chloe and Lionel just icky, Lex was satisfyingly mysterious this week, thank the Lord no Helen this eppie. For some reason I can't stand her, makes my teeth ache. One more complaint. Doesn't Clark ever go to any classes, he hangs around the Torch, his locker or the field, but still manages to make "A"s? Hah! mad

#196186 04/30/03 01:42 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Can't help myself, I like Smallville. Though this ep wasn't as good as some others and yes, better than still others. It was a comfortable middle.

And I can't help myself, I like this Lex. Seems lately I've started liking the bad guys. razz Haven't decided about Lana yet, Jonathan is almost pukey, and there's never enough Martha(and I mean the loving, warm, helpful Martha that Clark 'should' have). Guess that's why this is different. huh

#196187 04/30/03 05:44 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I thought the episode was OK, good and bad points, but mostly I got the feeling that it was the beginning of a "ramp-up" to the last 3 episodes. It seemed to be laying a lot of ground work -- Lana and Clark getting closer, Chloe's deteriating relationship with Clark and then developing a "working" relationship with Lionel, Lionel's not supporting Lex and Helen's relationship, and of coarse there's the kryptonite factor. confused

I too am sorely missing more of Martha's influence in Clark's life, but I was encouraged that after 41 episodes, Bo Kent (AKA Jonathan) actually gave Clark some GOOD advise (about using all his other powers that the FoTW's didn't have) without going all "hothead" to do it. wink

It shall be interesting for the rest of this season!!!! thumbsup

And YES -- lots of Chloe!! Yeah!!! clap

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
#196188 05/01/03 01:05 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I agree with stopquitdont, this ep. was not great, but not terrible. Retrorose, it does seem like a build up to the season finale(2 parter?). I like more of Pete and Chloe, they usually make the ep. more interesting.

#196189 05/03/03 12:18 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have several burning questions rumbling in my poor little overtaxed brain. Does anybody REALLY think they are going to let Lana & Clark get together (this season at least??) You think Lex and Helen will really get married (or more to the point -- let Helen live to tell about it.), will will get to see happy Chloe again (to say nothing of patching up her relationship with Clark) plus importantly, what is Chloe doing with Lionel????? huh (or maybe the question should be what is Lionel doing with Chloe?? confused Not to even metion Martha's baby???

Soooo many questions, so few episodes left mad

I get the feeling TPTB are really ramping us up for one very long summer!!

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard