Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
I know people don't do music videos anymore but there must be so many songs that remind people of the characters; I say it that way & not the couple because my song actually makes me think of Lex.

Let's see how many we can find.

I'll start with

1. You're So Vain by Carly Simon for Lex

Who'll be next?

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
2. Wind Beneath My Wings - I could envision Clark (thinking of his alter ego) singing this to Lois, or at least thinking along lines similar to these lyrics

A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
Good one

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AngelRose:
I know people don't do music videos anymore but there must be so many songs that remind people of the characters;
Actually, if you check out the FolC Productions Topic (Subject?) you'll find many upon many music videos for LnC. More than several were posted this year. Here is a list of songs people would want videos made of.

I often try to put LnC stories to songs I listen to, but since my current favorite radio (Pandora) station is Bubblegum Oldies, they don't always fit. I do have a few song-inspired fics in my Plot Ideas folder, and posted one (or two) earlier this year.

I included many songs which could be inspired by Lois and Clark (mainly Clark / Superman) in my Green-Eyed Monster story. Including (but not limited to):

3. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - I could totally see Clark singing this to Lois. evil (Okay, Clark thinking of Lois when he heard this song).

4. "Take a Chance on Me" by ABBA - Um... the women of the world to Superman.

5. "Holding Out For A Hero" performed by Bonnie Tyler - Lois soliloquy... er.... solo.

6. "The Lady is a Tramp" (from Babes in Arms) - Cat Grant (Duh!)

And my favorite:
7. "Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone" by Bill Withers - Clark's love for Lois.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Blogger
Blogger
What about Clark to Lois "You Are My Sunshine"? It seems to me that she gives him as much emotional strength as the sunshine gives him physical strength.

{{{hugs to all}}}
Mac
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MacKenzie Creations:
What about Clark to Lois "You Are My Sunshine"? It seems to me that she gives him as much emotional strength as the sunshine gives him physical strength.
clap Excellent! Why can I picture this? And then picturing Lois elbowing him in the gut to stop singing, but he keeps on going. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
There are so many possibilities for Lois and for Clark and for them as a couple but I thought I'd put something different out there.

9. I Want it All - Queen - Lex Luthor

I've got this one on my own list to make a vid as a tribute to SV's Lex Luthor but it would equally apply to John Shea.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MacKenzie Creations:
[b] What about Clark to Lois "You Are My Sunshine"? It seems to me that she gives him as much emotional strength as the sunshine gives him physical strength.
clap Excellent! Why can I picture this? And then picturing Lois elbowing him in the gut to stop singing, but he keeps on going. laugh [/b]
Me to! Classic! ;D

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
This is definitely a thing I do - matching songs - because of vids. The absolute best lyric-matching I've heard is to match LnC's version of Lois and Clark is Feels Like Heaven . I can't hear that song without thinking of them.

Kerth
Kerth
I do this all the time, because when I'm driving my twice-a-day hour-long commute, I usually pair plot points of a story I'm working on to a good song... To a specific character though? That's a bit tougher.

11. "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley. For Perry White.

12. "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons for Clark. Nora Helmer did an excellent LnC themed video for this song and even though it's played on the radio constantly now and it's been out for over a year, it's still one of my favorite songs!!
Radioactive vid

13. "Breathing" by Jason Derulo. I think this particularly works for Lois/Clark in the NK arc.

Don't know if the numbers are right... I know there's a LOT more but that's all I've got for now. huh I'll probably come back to this after my drive home from school tomorrow...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
This is a topic so near and dear to my heart, because making vids is how I participate in this fandom these days, and so I am always listening for how songs could potentially fit with this show, "Sherlock" on the BBC (the other show I currently vid) or "Smallville" (the show I have so many ideas to vid, but still haven't gotten around to pulling scenes from DVDs, which is extremely time-consuming).

What about Clark to Lois "You Are My Sunshine"?
That's a good one. That song has made me cry (for whatever reason) since I was a baby. To this day, I well up when I hear it.

I've been wanting to do an L&C vid to "Off I Go" by Greg Laswell for a few years. I envision it as a Clark-centered song about his remarkable life. It would need voiceovers from the show, though, because the lyrics are very repetitive.

I did a Lois-point-of-view video to "That Man" by Caro Emerald last year (link is not to my video but to a lyrics video on YouTube). My vid was blocked on YouTube almost immediately, but I just think that song perfectly captures the "screwball comedy" thread of the show in its first couple of seasons, and how Clark both infuriates and fascinates Lois.

I just heard the song "Can\'t Pretend" by Tom Odell a few weeks ago and I could see a "serious and dramatic" Lois-and-Clark-love-story video set to that song. I'm tempted to vid this.

ETA: Oops, we posted at the exact same minute, Mouserocks! Thank you so much for the kind words about "Radioactive." That means a lot! Also, Virginia, I meant to post that "Ain't No Sunshine" is one of my all-time favorite songs, too. That's definitely a good fit for L&C.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"And when the daylight comes I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close
Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own
But tonight I need to hold you so close"

"Daylight" by Maroon 5

This song reminds me of the night before Clark leaves for NK. I can't even listen to the song, because it's so poignantly sad.

Clark: "Lois, you know, I really hope someday that you learn, that sometimes what it seems like people are doing isn't what they're really doing."
Lois: "What are you, a fortune cookie?"
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Nora Helmer:
Oops, we posted at the exact same minute, Mouserocks! Thank you so much for the kind words about "Radioactive." That means a lot!
Haha, didn't even notice that! And no prob! You've done a lot of great vids that deserve credit! wink

Another song that I just remembered is "Follow my Feet" by the Unlikely Candidates. In one verse it talks about "a friend who lies and steals and cheats" and goes on to talk about his attitude (a.k.a. Lex). The next verse talks about "a friend who loves humanity" and "braves bullets in war-torn countries" (a.k.a. Superman). Plus it's a great song.

/no idea what the numbers are anymore.../

--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by magical:
"And when the daylight comes I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close
Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own
But tonight I need to hold you so close"

"Daylight" by Maroon 5

This song reminds me of the night before Clark leaves for NK. I can't even listen to the song, because it's so poignantly sad.
Yeah, every time I hear this song I think of that arc. *sigh*

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not going to list the songs I have....but I have several playlists on YouTube for "Clark", "Lois", and " Theirs ". The first 2 playlists aren't public, and 'Clark's is 63 songs all by itself. laugh

One of the 'Clark' songs is Milow - You Don't Know
(not a LnC vid)

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Kerth
Kerth
Another Clark song that I always wanted to vid for but just never got the time... "Lonely Boy" by the Black Keys.

"Well I'm so above you
And it's plain to see
But I came to love you anyway

[...]

Oh-o-o-oh,
I've got a love that keeps me waiting..."

And I guess some parts Lois:

"Well your mama kept you,
but your daddy left you
And I should've done you just the same..." wink

I hope at least some of these ideas are inspiring people... I always want to vid, and I have several unfinished/need polished ones, but I've just got no time to do them...

Also, "Come and Get It" by Selena Gomez would be a fun song to pair with Lois in PML. laugh

--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
You're in My Heart, by Rod Stewart

You're in my heart, you're in my soul
You'll be my breath should I grow old
You are my lover, you're my best friend
You're in my soul.

Also, Bad Romance by Lady Gaga for Lois and Lex.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I have two specifically in mind when I think of Lois and Clark individually.

1) Come Fly with me (sung by Frank Sinatra) is obviously Clark (to Lois)

2) Time after Time really gets me as far as this couple goes.

I have been trying to come up with ones for Perry, Cat and Jimmy. I kind of have one for Cat but not exactly. I'll have to see if it comes back up on Pandora to decide whether to mention it.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jewel's "You Were Meant For Me" (Lois thinking of Clark after Contact)

Avril Lavigne's "Complicated"

Clark on Lois (S1):
Chill out,
what you yellin' for?
Lay back, it's all been done before
And if, you could only let it be
You will see I like,
you the way you are
When we're drivin' in your car
And you're, talkin' to me
one on one
But you become
Somebody else
'Round everyone else
Your watchin' your back
Like you can't relax
Alt-Lana on Alt-Clark:
You come over unannounced
Dressed up, like you're somethin' else
Where you are ain't where it's at you see
You're makin' me
Laugh out,
when you strike a pose
Take off, all your preppy clothes
You know, you're not foolin' anyone
When you become
Somebody else
'Round everyone else
Your watchin' your back
Like you can't relax
You tryin' to be cool
You look like a fool to me
Tell me
Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?
I see the way you're actin'
like you're somebody else
Gets me frustrated
Life's like this you
You fall and you crawl and you break
And you take what you get, and you turn it into Honestly, you promised me I'm never gonna find you fake it

VirginiaR.
---
A
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
A
Found the perfect one last night for Lois getting her head around knowing the secret; "I Believe My Heart" sung by Duncan James & Keedie, from Lord Lloyd Webber's "The Woman In White":

I Believe My Heart

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard