Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
It was nice to see an episode that focused on Jimmy for a bit of a change. I never realized how few episodes we actually got that focused on Jimmy until I watched "The Adventures of Superman" with George Reeves. It seemed like Jimmy had a lot of episodes devoted to him on that show. While I'm glad that "Lois and Clark" didn't have as many episodes about Jimmy as that show did, it was still nice to see him get an episode about him.

I enjoyed Kristanna Loken's performance as Penny. I've often wished "Lois and Clark" had given Jimmy a steady girlfriend, and had the show lasted longer, I would have liked to have seen more of Penny. True, she was a little obsessed with Superman, but I think by the end of the episode, she might have changed a little bit.

I liked that this episode showed Jimmy in such a positive light. Even if he didn't have powers like Superman, he was willing to risk his life. He might not have been Superman, but he was definitely a hero.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I actually think they should have followed up with the girl who we learned was Jimmy's soul mate in "Soul Mates". I would have also liked to see more of Penny.

I am glad they never displaced Lois with Jimmy as they sometimes did in "The Adventures of Superman".

It seemed odd that it was not until this point in their marriage that Clark decided to cut back on going to functions as Superman. In a lot of ways I think many of the issues in this episode should have been confronted by Lois and Clark before their marriage.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The first fics that came to mind were two by one of my favorite authors, Shayne Terry. Actually, Fugue is about Clark with amnesia; it's the sequel, Fugue 2: Fusion that has the reference to The Annihilator. Shayne actually manages to work in a lot of other stuff as well, including alt-Clark finding his alt-Lois, what would have happened if Sam Lane continued to work on cyborgs, and the evil NIA agent Trevanian. Don't miss it. It's better in the nfic version found on Annesplace.net.

Otherwise, I couldn't recall any fanfics off the top of my head related to this episode, so I went to the Archive Database.

Pamela Mariano wrote a very short vignette - an alternate ending to the episode in The Biggest Surprise of All . Jana Lippe wrote *two* alternate ending fics, Alone At Last and Really Alone At Last .

Stacey Wong found her inner muse and told the episode in verse, in The AKA Superman Poem .

The only other episode-related fanfic listed in the Database is a good one by the gifted Alicia U. In her AKA Clark Kent she tells us something about being married to Superman - he's always running off. Not just to save people (OK) but for charity events and appearances (not OK when you're Lois Lane and you're desperate for a little nookie.) Again, this is a fic best appreciated in its nfic incarnation, found on Annesplace.net.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
I enjoyed Kristanna Loken's performance as Penny. I've often wished "Lois and Clark" had given Jimmy a steady girlfriend, and had the show lasted longer, I would have liked to have seen more of Penny. True, she was a little obsessed with Superman, but I think by the end of the episode, she might have changed a little bit.
Penny continues to date Jimmy, and make an extended stay in my post S4 section of Missing Lois . She also continues to work on her database and makes some other interesting discoveries.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Penny continues to date Jimmy, and make an extended stay in my post S4 section of Missing Lois. She also continues to work on her database and makes some other interesting discoveries.
Sorry for not including this, Virginia. "Missing Lois" is such a broad fic, that I probably could cite it in most "episode-related fanfic" discussions here in S4. Please keep on adding it if if relates to the episodes. Thanks.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard