Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I’m going to the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, IL to meet Tracy Scoggins this June. Cat Grant is my favorite supporting character from “Lois and Clark,” so I’m really looking forward to this. Technically, my birthday isn’t until July, but I decided that I’d spend the money for the trip as a bit of an early birthday present for myself.

There will be other guests there, too, including Margot Kidder, who played Lois Lane from the Superman movies and Michael Rosenbaum, who played Lex Luthor on “Smallville.” I plan on checking out the other tourist attractions in Metropolis during my stay, as well, including the Super Museum.

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Oh wow! That is so amazing, you are so lucky! I wish I could go, but as I live in England it would be way to much of an expensive trip. Have fun and post lots of pictures!! smile

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
That's pretty close to me (kinda, an hour and a half away but other than Paducah just about everything is at least that far away.) I keep meaning to go and keep either missing it (due to work) or forgetting until too late. Maybe I'll try for this year since it IS the 75th anniversary of Superman (and by extension, Lois.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by SuperLove:
Oh wow! That is so amazing, you are so lucky! I wish I could go, but as I live in England it would be way to much of an expensive trip. Have fun and post lots of pictures!! smile
Sorry to hear you can't go. frown I'll try to get as many pictures as I can.

Originally posted by Christina:
That's pretty close to me (kinda, an hour and a half away but other than Paducah just about everything is at least that far away.) I keep meaning to go and keep either missing it (due to work) or forgetting until too late. Maybe I'll try for this year since it IS the 75th anniversary of Superman (and by extension, Lois.)
I've thought about going in the past, too, but this is the first time I could actually afford the trip. I got lucky that it happened to be the 75th anniversary and that Tracy Scoggins will be there this time around.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi!

Did you meet Tracy?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Morgana, the Superman Celebration is June 7-9th in Metropolis, Illinois (somewhat close to Paducah, KY.)

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by Morgana:
Hi!

Did you meet Tracy?
Morgana, the Superman Celebration is June 7-9th in Metropolis, Illinois (somewhat close to Paducah, KY.)
The Superman Celebration is actually June 6-9. Since I have to work during Thursday and one of the family members who is accompanying me on this trip works Friday morning, I won’t be leaving until around noon on Friday. Since it is a six hour drive for me, I really won’t get to meet the celebrities until Saturday. I’ve checked out the schedule of events, though, and I’m going to do my best to make sure I meet as many guests as I can, especially Tracy Scoggins.

They’ve actually added another celebrity guest since I made my first post. Alessandro Juliani, who played Dr. Hamilton on “Smallville,” will be there as well.

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I leave tomorrow for my trip. I'll try to bring back plenty of pictures and stories about my time there. laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
I leave tomorrow for my trip. I'll try to bring back plenty of pictures and stories about my time there. laugh
Have lots of fun! wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] I leave tomorrow for my trip. I'll try to bring back plenty of pictures and stories about my time there. laugh
Have lots of fun! wave [/b]
Thanks. smile

Well, I'm back from my trip, and I had a blast! As promised, I plan on posting all of the photos I took. I also have a lot of really interesting stories. I was even the first person picked to ask a question at the Q and A for Tracy Scoggins! I'm still in the process of trying to write everything that happened down, but check back for updates. smile

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C

Well, I'm back from my trip, and I had a blast! As promised, I plan on posting all of the photos I took. I also have a lot of really interesting stories. I was even the first person picked to ask a question at the Q and A for Tracy Scoggins! I'm still in the process of trying to write everything that happened down, but check back for updates. smile [/QB]
I wish I'd known you were there! I was there on Saturday. I didn't get around to meeting Tracy (was more interested in the fan films and meeting Art Baltazar/the artist on the Superman Family Adventures comic.) I did get some video of part of the Q&A (I had to run to the bathroom and my camera battery went dead part of the way in) so I'll try and get that up online sometime this week.

*edit to add* BTW, when I was there I saw someone who was wearing an UltraWoman outfit and went a little fangirl over it (as some may or may not remember I have one in the works. My initial plan was to have it ready for this event but a pregnancy put the outfit on hold.)

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L

Well, I'm back from my trip, and I had a blast! As promised, I plan on posting all of the photos I took. I also have a lot of really interesting stories. I was even the first person picked to ask a question at the Q and A for Tracy Scoggins! I'm still in the process of trying to write everything that happened down, but check back for updates. smile
I wish I'd known you were there! I was there on Saturday. I didn't get around to meeting Tracy (was more interested in the fan films and meeting Art Baltazar/the artist on the Superman Family Adventures comic.) I did get some video of part of the Q&A (I had to run to the bathroom and my camera battery went dead part of the way in) so I'll try and get that up online sometime this week.
I'm going to try to recap some of the things that were said during the Q and A, but I look forward to seeing that video as I am sure that I've already forgotten a lot.

*edit to add* BTW, when I was there I saw someone who was wearing an UltraWoman outfit and went a little fangirl over it (as some may or may not remember I have one in the works. My initial plan was to have it ready for this event but a pregnancy put the outfit on hold.) [/QB]
Very cool! I didn't get to see that costume, but there were a lot of really good costumes that I did see over the weekend.

As promised, here are some of the photos I took as well as some stories about my experiences.

I arrived in Metropolis Friday afternoon, so I missed out on most of whatever was going on that day. I did, however, get a chance to get my picture taken with Superman in front of the Superman statue. Here I am with my sister and nephew.

[Linked Image]

After that, we went to the Metropolis Planet, the local newspaper. It was already closed, so I didn't get to go inside, by I couldn't resist getting a picture by the globe.

[Linked Image]

That night, they were supposed to show some episodes from "The Adventures of Superman" at an outdoor theater, but for some reason they showed "The Dark Knight Rises" instead. Even though I like that movie, I decided to skip it and head to bed since I had a busy day ahead of me the next morning.

I got up at 5:00 in the morning to go stand in line for the tickets to see Michael Rosenbaum from "Smallville." Unfortunately, since many people had camped out for the tickets the night before, I didn't end up getting one, so I didn't get his autograph.

After finding out that the tickets were sold out, I decided to head over to where Tracy Scoggins and Margot Kidder would be so that I could be sure to be able to meet them. I was about two hours early, but I managed to be the third person in line because of it.

Since I was at the front of the pack, I ended up being close to Margot Kidder and Tracy Scoggins when they went in the building. They both waved and said hello to the fans, and Tracy said, "This is the older, more reserved Cat Grant."

When I got inside, I went straight to Tracy's booth. As I was glancing through the various photos she had available to be signed, she joked about Teri Hatcher not smiling in the picture of the two of them and Dean Cain. I picked out that picture as the one I wanted signed, and I asked if I was limited to buying just one or if I could buy two for her to sign. She told me I could buy as many as I wanted, so I picked out a second photo. Here are a couple of pictures of the photos she signed for me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You can't see the whole photo in the second picture, but she also drew a picture of a cat under her signature for me.

As she was signing my photos, I told her that she was the reason I came to the Superman Celebration and that Cat Grant was my favorite supporting character from "Lois and Clark." She seemed very flattered.

I also told her that I liked how Cat was always able to get under Lois' skin. She then asked me if I remembered when Cat hit Lois in the face with her coat, and I said yes. I've included a couple of screencaps of the scene I'm talking about.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After I told her that I remembered the scene, she told me that Cat hitting Lois with her coat wasn't in the script and that she'd adlibbed it. She also said that Teri was fuming afterward.

Here are the pictures I had taken of myself with Tracy Scoggins. I ended up with two of them instead of just one because my sister lied and said that I'd had my eyes closed in the first one. Tracy actually tickled my back and said, "Now don't blink, and remember to smile," during that second photo, which accounts for the bigger smile I have on my face.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I also got an autographed photo of Margot Kidder, and she talked about being in the business for 45 years. Both my sister and I told her that we really liked her as Lois Lane. Here's a picture of Margot Kidder, my sister, and me.

[Linked Image]

There were two people, Laurie Mitchell Roberts and Gregory Moffett, who appeared in an episode each of "The Adventures of Superman." I didn't purchase autographed photos from them, but I did get them to sign my copy of the special Daily Planet newspaper that had been printed for the event.

[Linked Image]

I attended both of the Saturday Q and A sessions. The first one was with Michael Rosenbaum and Alessandro Juliani from "Smallville." The Q and A didn't start until about 40 minutes late because Michael Rosenbaum insisted on signing autographs for all of the fans who were there to meet him. You can tell he really enjoys interacting with the fans. He even requested a wireless microphone so that he could walk around the room among the fans during the Q and A instead of just sitting on the stage.

Both actors had a really good sense of humor. At one point, Michael Rosenbaum mentioned that in the real world, nobody cares who he is but that here, he was a king. He then turned to Alessandro Juliani and added, "And you are my queen."

Somebody mentioned that apparently John Glover had been to the last Superman Celebration and had told a story about Michael Rosenbaum enjoying swimming in the nude. Michael Rosenbaum cracked, "Well first off, John Glover is a liar!" and then told the audience about how John Glover had a tendency to touch him a lot in their scenes together. Apparently, the two of them touching each other as well as touching guests during scenes became somewhat of a running gag on the set.

Alessandro Juliani was asked about his short role in the upcoming "Man of Steel" movie. He said that even though his agent told him it wasn't that big of a deal, he was very excited about doing it. He also mentioned that his role is very similar to his role on "Smallville" because in both, he played a minor character explaining scientific things to the stars.

I got to the Michael Rosenbaum and Alessandro Juliani Q and A pretty late, so I ended up having to stand. I was determined not to let that happen during the Tracy Scoggins and Margot Kidder Q and A, so I got there about an hour and a half early. I ended up sitting in the third row, and as a result of being up so close, I was picked to ask the first question!

I asked Tracy what her favorite episode of "Lois and Clark" is. She gave two answers. The first episode she named was "Strange Visitor," specifically referencing the scene where Clark stayed at Cat's apartment. The second episode she named was "All Shook Up," and she specifically mentioned Cat trying to seduce the priest.

She talked about doing a lot of ad-libbing during her scenes on "Lois and Clark." She said that Cat can be seen smelling Superman in "The Man of Steel Bars" and that that was her idea. She also said that she ad-libbed the line "Send yourself flowers again, Lois?" in "Fly Hard." Apparently, all of her ad-libbing didn't make Teri Hatcher very happy, and she often cut the scene whenever Tracy tried to ad-lib.

She mentioned moving her beauty mark and putting it in different places a lot during "Lois and Clark." I think I heard about that before.

She said that she's a cat person and that she takes her cat with her wherever she goes. She also said that at one airport she unfortunately found out that catnip and marijuana smell a lot alike.

She said that she seeks out roles within the science fiction genre and that she's always upset when she doesn't get a role within that genre, whereas she's not as upset when she loses a role in any other genre. She said that she is a fan of science fiction herself and that she finds that science fiction fans tend to be more intelligent than other fans.

She told a story about being drunk on the set of "Lois and Clark." Apparently, she talked Dean Cain, her stunt double, and Dean Cain's stunt double into climbing the Warner Brothers water tower. A security guard showed up, and everyone but Tracy ran away. The security guard wrote up a report on her, but when he asked her what her name was, she said, "Teri Hatcher." According to Tracy, Teri never forgave her for that.

Margot Kidder was asked what her favorite Superman movie was, and she said it was the Donner cut of "Superman II." She said that she was really sad that it never ended up being released in theaters.

She was also asked if the reason that she was not in much of "Superman III" was because she'd criticized the producers to the press. She confirmed that that was the reason.

Margot Kidder commented on "Superman Returns" a few times, too. She said that she didn't understand how it was supposed to fit in with the other movies but that she was flattered by the homages to the movies she had made with Christopher Reeve. She also said that she felt sorry for all of the criticism Kate Bosworth had received for her role as Lois. She said that she thought that Kate Bosworth had done a good job with the part but that the writing wasn't as good as the writing in her movies.

I also went to the Super Museum and got to see all sorts of props and costumes used in the various versions of Superman, including some of the outfits worn by Teri Hatcher throughout the show. I took a lot of pictures, but unfortunately, my own camera's battery died out, so all of those pictures ended up on my sister's phone. When she sends them to me, I'll try to post some of them here.

Before I left, I bought a few souvenirs. I bought a snow globe of Metropolis, IL for myself and a coffee cup with Superman on it for my mother. I also bought a "Lois & Clark" trade paperback that collects several stories from the comics. Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain are on the cover.

Well, I hope everybody enjoyed reading this account. Sorry for the length, but I tried to give as many details as possible.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't want to be a party pooper here, but one of the main rules of this forum is no actor gossip. Please bear this in mind. I'd prefer not to have to start editing/deleting posts. wink

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by LabRat:
I don't want to be a party pooper here, but one of the main rules of this forum is no actor gossip. Please bear this in mind. I'd prefer not to have to start editing/deleting posts. wink

LabRat :-)
Should I just delete some of the more gossipy things Tracy talked about? I tried to just stick to describing what she said instead of giving my own thoughts on her answers, but now, I'm wondering if I should have repeated a few of those stories at all. I don't want to break any forum rules.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have to admit, LLF, that I'd feel a little more comfortable if you were to edit out the gossip portions and I thank you for the helpful gesture. smile

As for breaking the rules - no worries. I feel partly to blame, to be honest. When you first posted that you were going to add photos and stories, I half suspected we might wander into gossip and I intended to post a pre-emptive reminder of the no-gossip rule to head off any problems before they happened. But *sigh* I got distracted elsewhere, promptly forgot about it and never got there. Sorry about that.

Meanwhile, don't let our gossip embargo spoil your fun - I've been enjoying the posts of your adventures, and I'm sure many others have too.

And remember that there's a thriving gossip forum over on Zoomway's mbs, so you can post that content there to your heart's desire. thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by LabRat:
I have to admit, LLF, that I'd feel a little more comfortable if you were to edit out the gossip portions and I thank you for the helpful gesture. smile
I edited out the story Tracy told that I felt most fell into the gossip category - the one involving Teri Hatcher. To be honest, I actually debated whether or not to repeat that story to begin with, so I have no problem just getting rid of it all together. In fact, I had even changed one phrase she used in the story that I thought might have been a little too vulgar and used another word instead, but I can see how that story in particular falls too much under gossip. If there was anything else that specifically concerned you, let me know and I'll make more edits. wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's fine, LLF.

Sue - I had to delete your post because it quoted the now deleted content and didn't make sense in context. laugh

Feel free to post again minus the gossip portion! thumbsup

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I just received an email with some of the pictures taken by my sister. That means I'll be adding more pictures to this thread when I have the time to sort through them. These pictures are mostly from the Super Museum, and assuming she sent me all of the pictures she took, I'll be posting some shots of outfits worn by Teri Hatcher, including the dress from "I've Got a Crush on You," Lois' wedding dress, and the Ultra Woman costume.

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I've been holding off on posting more pictures because I still don't have all of the pictures that were taken in the Super Museum. I was hoping to include those since there were some cool "Lois and Clark" items there like outfits worn by Teri Hatcher. I'll still post them if my sister ever sends me the rest of the pictures she took, but in the meantime, here's a few other pictures she sent me some time back.

First up, here are some pictures of the statue of Noel Neill, TV's second Lois Lane.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now, here's a picture of a few posters from the 1950s "Adventures of Superman" TV show as well as a tie worn by George Reeves when he played Clark Kent.

[Linked Image]

This is me standing next to a few photos from "Lois and Clark" that were on display in the Super Museum. In the background behind me, if you look closely, you might see part of the wedding dress worn by Teri Hatcher on "Lois and Clark."

[Linked Image]

That's all I have for now. I promise to post more photos if my sister sends me the rest of them. smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I love that Reeves' Clark's office shirt was only a dickey. That would make Clark's change into Superman a lot easier.

Joy,
Lynn

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I found an interview with Tracy Scoggins that was conducted during the Superman Celebration at Metropolis, IL.

Also, I found some videos of the Q and A session. I already described some of this earlier, but I'm sure I didn't describe everything. Plus, if anybody wanted to actually see the Q and A, now you can.

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Here are more pictures from the Super Museum.

First up, the Ultra Woman costume worn by Teri Hatcher.

[img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j365/Lois_Lane_Fan/Superman%20Celebration%202013/IMG_20130608_182850.jpg~original[/img]

Next, here's the dress worn by Teri Hatcher in "I've Got a Crush on You." In the background, isn't that her outfit from "Pheromone, My Lovely?"

[img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j365/Lois_Lane_Fan/Superman%20Celebration%202013/IMG_20130608_182901.jpg~original[/img]

You can't really see a lot of what's in there, but this next picture shows a display case devoted to "Smallville."

[img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j365/Lois_Lane_Fan/Superman%20Celebration%202013/IMG_20130608_190246.jpg~original[/img]

Finally, a collection of Superman toys.

[img]http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j365/Lois_Lane_Fan/Superman%20Celebration%202013/IMG_20130608_185009.jpg~original[/img]

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There was so much more in the museum than what I've shown you here. We walked through everything two or three times before we finally left. It was very much worth the $5 that it cost to get in.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome! Really enjoyed seeing the pictures smile ....wow--have to check that out sometime...used to live in Iowa--and still have family there--wouldn't be too long of a drive to get a visit in. Really neat seeing some of the outfits worn during the show.

Thanks! wave

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard