Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
In this one, we get to see the fallout from Clark breaking up with Lois. The writers really went out of their way to keep Lois and Clark from actually getting married throughout this season, and the obstacles that they put up to keep them from actually getting married are one of the reasons that I wouldn’t have minded seeing them date for a little longer before a marriage proposal.

This is just the first of many excuses to keep them apart. The idea of superheroes living lives too dangerous for them to have room for a love interest has been used many times throughout the superhero genre, so I’m not completely disappointed that they addressed the idea on “Lois and Clark.” Clark realized his mistake by the end of the episode, anyways, so I think that this was the writers’ way of dispelling the notion of a superhero needing to be alone in life.

Despite the relationship drama, I did enjoy this episode. One of my favorite scenes is the scene of Clark and Patrick playing darts. I’ve always loved how he puts his dart right on top of Patrick’s dart. smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm...."Irish Eyes"-related fics - hmmmm...

Well, the first one that comes to mind is ML Thompson's The Strongest Magic . Patrick wants Lois to be his and he'll perform a magic spell to make her his. His Druid magic confounds Clark. Not to worry, it all ends happily.

Barb Pillsbury explores the L&C breakup in her Tarot Truths . Extra points for having Star, our favorite psychic, in this fic.

There are two shorter fics listed in the Database:
Not Together by Jed Erick Henrie and Prelude To An Auction by Lote. I must say that I like MLT's fic the most of all the ones mentioned in this post.

There really aren't a lot of fics related to this episode; perhaps because it comes at a low point in the romance, and who would want to write about that? It's difficult to write a fic about L&C being apart - you pretty much have to write about them coming back together, and that could be angsty and no fun.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I really thought Clark sticking with his breaking up with Lois was the height of lunkheadedness.

I have to second the idea that it would have been nice if they held off on the proposal, instead of dragging out the pre-marriage phase by often contrived means.

They could have even had Clark declare his love for Lois, and have her ask "who's saying I love you, Clark, or Superman".

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard