Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
For me, I'd say the highlight of this episode was the conversation between Lois and Cat. It explained why Lois and Cat didn't always get along too well. Cat was jealous of Lois because of her perception that Lois lacks flaws. The scene was really well done, and I wish Cat had stayed around longer. Her character had a lot of room for more development.

I also really liked seeing Clark save Lois as Clark a couple of times in this episode. It was a nice change of pace from having Superman save her all the time.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There were a lot of good moments in this episode and even though it doesn't have the staying power of Crush, GGGoH, PML, ASU, or HiM, it was still a milestone episode for LnC.

Great banter between Lois, Clark, and Perry about what she can and can't put in her article.

We have Superman visiting Lois' apartment for the first time in this episode and her swooning over the fact that he "reads my work". thumbsup clap Pure Sue S. Waffy goodness.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For some reason, there are many fics based on "Witness". Perhaps it's for the reasons mentioned above, where the L&C relationship does take a step forward. Some of my personal favorites are listed below.

"Teamwork" by the inimitable Nan Smith - always compulsively readable.

"Snowbound" by Deadly Chakram doesn't have a huge connection to the episode, but it's great fun! Don't miss this fine fic by one of the new fine authors on the site.

Another one where the episode connection is a little shaky, but still a good fic: "Finding Christmas Spirit" by the prolific Wendy Richards.

Matrix tells the story of what would have happened had there been an inadvertent revelation for Lois in "Witnessed" . Another author not to miss.

And Mozartmaid follows with the "Lois Revelation" theme in "Night Witness" . I've always wondered what might happen if Lois "found out" earlier, and MM tells me here.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Iolanthe,

I just wanted to thank you again for posting your suggestions. You have been giving my Kindle Touch lots of presents. smile

Joy,
Lynn

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I really liked the first time when Clark saves Lois, and then assumes the skateboarder is a highered assasin. It made Lois not believing that he had saved her from a shooter later on more believable. Of course the fact he doesn't really explain that he took bullets meant for her makes it work.

Is there any other episode besides the pilot, TOGOM and this one where Clark saves Lois' life while not dressed as Superman?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Reading through some of the fan fics based on this I came up with a question. Has anyone ever explored what would have happened if Finn had disguised himself as Clark Kent. At some level I always wonder why he didn't.

I was going to say because he is not a good enough actor to convince Lois he realy is Clark, but that does not make sense. He killed Winneger in the disguise of Dr. Hubert, who is a close associate, so that does not seem to be the issue.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to the Boards, John! wave

Originally posted by John Lambert:
Is there any other episode besides the pilot, TOGOM and this one where Clark saves Lois' life while not dressed as Superman?
Technically, Clark saved Lois and Toni from the fire in "I've Got a Crush on You", but I don't think that's what you meant.

Reading through some of the fan fics based on this I came up with a question. Has anyone ever explored what would have happened if Finn had disguised himself as Clark Kent. At some level I always wonder why he didn't.

I was going to say because he is not a good enough actor to convince Lois he realy is Clark, but that does not make sense. He killed Winneger in the disguise of Dr. Hubert, who is a close associate, so that does not seem to be the issue.
This is *great* point. He would only have to convince Lois for a few seconds, like he did when he pretended to be her landlord. I haven't read any fanfics where this happened. Let's ask this over on the FanFic Related thread and, if not, feel free to write it up or offer it as a suggestion on the FanFic Challenge Thread.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Welcome to the Boards, John! wave

Originally posted by John Lambert:
Technically, Clark saved Lois and Toni from the fire in "I've Got a Crush on You", but I don't think that's what you meant.

This is *great* point. He would only have to convince Lois for a few seconds, like he did when he pretended to be her landlord. I haven't read any fanfics where this happened. Let's ask this over on the FanFic Related thread and, if not, feel free to write it up or offer it as a suggestion on the FanFic Challenge Thread.

It would make the start of a great fanfic. The rest being how it effects Lois, Clark and her relationship with him that "Clark" tried to kill her. Throw in her finding out his secret into the mix and you have some really good dramatic potential....

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 06/19/15 05:44 PM.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard