Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by carolm:
Ooo is it Alan Morris?
Yes! What gave it away?

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
On screen wife was the final thing. He was the only one I could think of in S1 who was married but not a criminal or whatever.

Then the rest of it was like 'yeah, he could be that', 'yeah, I can see him with good behavior', etc.

Just out of curiosity, do we know Sweet Tart could afford Superman, or was she the *most* able to afford him out of the ones that were left at the time?

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Classicalla, he didn't say that your guesses were wrong. He just said you needed to ask clarifying questions rather than make two or more guesses.
Yes, I know. I meant my comment as a joke, but I did give my reasoning on my ‘guesses’. And the question about ‘one question’ was a joke. I didn’t expect the last question to be answered. And while 'guesses' (without reasoning) were not accepted in part 2 (as James said they killed the game for him), they were accepted in part 3 without any reasoning whatsoever. I thought as long as we gave reasoning we were allowed to 'guess' even if we think it could be more than one person for the same #:
If you think you know the answer give your reasons for your guess and post the number and the name and I will say yes or no.
And since the Griffins were brothers (OOPS - father and son), I thought the reasoning for both would be pretty much the same. I was already going to ask (and, no, I'm not upset), but were the rules changed midstream here (in part 3) since guesses without any reasoning whatsoever were allowed? I'm confused. Why answer the question about Ryan Wiley but not the Griffins? Especially since smileyD asked about 2 people (I asked about 3) but wasn’t given the answer. So if we have good reasoning for either ‘guess’ we are not to guess? (Did that make sense? rotflol ) But, yes, I agree with CarolM that # 3 seems to be Edwin Griffin. And here’s an interesting fact: Harold Gould, who played Edwin Griffin, has a PhD in theatre.

Sorry Classicalla, but just doesn't seem fair two guess more that one person for the same number. And I am not singling you out. SmileyD did the same thing.
I was in the process of preparing my above answer when you posted this... But you did answer questions like this when more than one person was guessed for the same clue before (game 2) - thus the confusion. (And I asked three people for the same question - you answered one of them - the one about Ryan Wiley.) So I'm still confused as to what the rules are.

And new questions popped up, so now my questions are moot, since we have all the answers.

Hmmph... and I had this really great question: Was # 1 listed after the opening credits (the ones listed after the main players), at the end, or was he uncredited?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Has somebody already guessed #3?

1) Is #3 Bill Church?

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
On screen wife was the final thing. He was the only one I could think of in S1 who was married but not a criminal or whatever.

Then the rest of it was like 'yeah, he could be that', 'yeah, I can see him with good behavior', etc.

Just out of curiosity, do we know Sweet Tart could afford Superman, or was she the *most* able to afford him out of the ones that were left at the time?

Carol
I think that Sweet Tart could buy Superman. Don't all spies have unlimited resources???

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Mister Data:
[b]

Carol
I think that Sweet Tart could buy Superman. Don't all spies have unlimited resources??? [/b]
LOL! I guess that's one way of looking at it...

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Can't you just imagine a phone call to Spy Central? "Excuse me. I was hoping to buy off this unimportant third world country, but I've reached the credit limit on my Visa..."

Elisabeth
who intends no slants to third world countries, spies or Visa holders whatsoever

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Classicalla, he didn't say that your guesses were wrong. He just said you needed to ask clarifying questions rather than make two or more guesses.
Yes, I know. I meant my comment as a joke, but I did give my reasoning on my ‘guesses’. And the question about ‘one question’ was a joke. I didn’t expect the last question to be answered. And while 'guesses' (without reasoning) were not accepted in part 2 (as James said they killed the game for him), they were accepted in part 3 without any reasoning whatsoever. I thought as long as we gave reasoning we were allowed to 'guess' even if we think it could be more than one person for the same #:
If you think you know the answer give your reasons for your guess and post the number and the name and I will say yes or no.
And since the Griffins were brothers (OOPS - father and son), I thought the reasoning for both would be pretty much the same. I was already going to ask (and, no, I'm not upset), but were the rules changed midstream here (in part 3) since guesses without any reasoning whatsoever were allowed? I'm confused. Why answer the question about Ryan Wiley but not the Griffins? Especially since smileyD asked about 2 people (I asked about 3) but wasn’t given the answer. So if we have good reasoning for either ‘guess’ we are not to guess? (Did that make sense? rotflol ) But, yes, I agree with CarolM that # 3 seems to be Edwin Griffin. And here’s an interesting fact: Harold Gould, who played Edwin Griffin, has a PhD in theatre.

Sorry Classicalla, but just doesn't seem fair two guess more that one person for the same number. And I am not singling you out. SmileyD did the same thing.
I was in the process of preparing my above answer when you posted this... But you did answer questions like this when more than one person was guessed for the same clue before (game 2) - thus the confusion. (And I asked three people for the same question - you answered one of them - the one about Ryan Wiley.) So I'm still confused as to what the rules are.

And new questions popped up, so now my questions are moot, since we have all the answers.

Hmmph... and I had this really great question: Was # 1 listed after the opening credits (the ones listed after the main players), at the end, or was he uncredited?
I took your comment as a joke, but Elisabeth cautioned me that there might be more to it than meets the eye. And, since I am a wise man, I listen to the counsel of my spouse. smile

Honestly, it was never my intention to allow double/triple (gasp) quadruple guesses for the same numbered individual, but depending on my mood and the time of day, sometimes I just went with the flow, other times, not.

When both you and SmileyD did the same basic thing back to back, I just decided I needed to put my foot down. (and fervently hoping to miss toes.) I didn't want this to be all rulesy. I want everyone to have fun, including me.

So, the general outline of rules will be this, from now on, barring episodes of insanity on my part.

1. Any number of questions, within reason. (related questions for multiple people is ok, 10 different questions about multiple people, nope.) This could be subject to change if abused.

2. No multiple guesses for the same individule in the same post. This also means that you can't post twice for the same individual before I have a chance to answer.

3. You must supply the thing that gave it away along with your guess.

I hope this makes sense.

I will not start the next game until August 4, as this coming week is going to be insane enough. We are going on a mission trip to Texas for Buckner International and will have limited access and mental energy.
smile

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Coolgirl, the recap is listed at the beginning of the original post. I think #3 was Edwin Griffin--just don't call him "Eddie."

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When both you and SmileyD did the same basic thing back to back, I just decided I needed to put my foot down.
I can understand that, but it still kind of seems the rules were changed ½ way through. After all, SmileyD and I both gave reasoning. And why answer Ryan Wiley and not the Griffins? Did you get upset about my ‘one question’ joke? I mean, I don’t want to upset you, but it seems I’ve done that at least twice in this game. Like I said, I’m not upset, but I really don’t get the change. If the government made a new law, those the broke that law in the past can’t get in trouble for doing what is now considered illegal. So why allow something one time but not another without telling us something was no longer allowed after precedent was set? Please don’t get mad... I’m just trying to ‘get it’.

And I’m surprised Elisabeth read more into my comment. I really did mean it as a joke and I went on to play the game. I watched two episodes and had some great questions. I guess I shouldn’t have taken the time to watch the eps huh? Don’t worry though - I’ll try to use that one in my last post in the next game.

What if we think it is someone based on only one clue and we think that early in the game? Is that acceptable? Because I thought I had a pretty good idea about one of them very early on, but then more clues confused me. It turns out that I was right.

And, hey, I just want to have fun, too.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Classicalla, sorry for the delay in responding, but I was at Six Flags all day yesterday with my two eldest.

Man, am I beat today and not feeling well, but we had a heck of a time yesterday. So, if the logic of the following is wonky, please forgive me.

If you look closesly at my initial responce, I did include Ryan in with the griffins.

1. Is #1 Dr. Edward Sayer (or Saxon)?
2. Is # 3 Kyle Griffin, The Prankster?
3. Is # 3 Edwin Griffin?
4. Can I count that as one question? Hehe...
5. Was # 3 Ryan Wiley?
6. If # 3 wasn’t one of those, was he in the first half (eps 23-33) or the last half (eps 34-44)?

Q1 No.
Q2, Q3 & Q5 If you cannot decide which one would best fit the information already given, then you need to ask a definitive question.
Q4. no.
Q6. There are 22 episodes in Season 2 and he appears in both halves.
Also, I did take your question about counting that as one question as a joke. I should have put a smily face afteer it but since the computer I answered on was downstairs and Elisabeth was upstairs, I was trying to answer as quiclky as possible so that I could gert back to her.'

i m sorry, it is getting to difficlut to think clearly. i need ot og vack to bved.

James.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ok, here is the sum up

Tie for the Gold with 3 each for CarolM and CoolGirl

Silver goes to Elisabeth with 2

And a tie for the Bronze goes to Classicalla and datchickukindaknow with 1 each.

Honorable mentions (in their posting order.)

emilyblayne
Gr8shadesofElivis
SmileyD

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard