Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#190768 02/25/08 02:08 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I know that we have scripts, but has anyone thought about making actual transcripts of the shows?

Most times, the scripts come really close to what the episodes have in them, but sometimes they are radically different.

Just wondering.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#190769 02/25/08 03:18 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There are some transcripts out there already from way back, James. Done by...Sarah...someone. I think they were hosted on Pam's website. Yup, here they are:

Sarah Wood\'s Episode Transcripts

By no means complete, as you can see, but they're certainly a start.

BTW, if anyone is googling for LNC transcripts do be wary. Some of the sites claiming to host them are less than kosher. I'd avoid TwizTV for a start! laugh It crashed my pc after trying to transfer 'the transcript' from William Hill's betting website. razz

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#190770 02/25/08 04:06 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd avoid TwizTV for a start! It crashed my pc after trying to transfer 'the transcript' from William Hill's betting website.
Yikes! I've accessed that site at work before. Thanks for the heads up!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#190771 08/20/08 09:22 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Labby!

Sorry for not responding to this one earlier.

James

#190772 08/20/08 09:58 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, I'd actually quite like to do this. Perhaps do the ones that Sarah never got around to. Can't promise anything, but I'll check it out and see whether I have the resources for it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#190773 08/20/08 10:38 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As to TwizTV. I doubt that site is bogus or malicious. Just perhaps a bad reaction of Internet Explorer and the site's javascript. They host too many show-transcripts for that. And they do come from volunteers, so the site has to be genuine in order to attract the help it needs.

Anyway, no problems with Firefox and the zips are most definitely clean. Just checked the LnC stuff. And they're just the Episode Scripts as hosted here, too. So much for transcripts, then.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#190774 08/20/08 11:22 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree that It be nice to have them and the ones I have checked out that are posted on this site how shown drastic differences.

I would to like to do this, just don't know how far I would get or how to go about doing so...

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
#190775 08/20/08 01:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've begun a TOC for Transcript links here . I've started it with links to Sarah Wood's S1 episodes and I'll begin adding to it over the next few days or so.

From there we'll go on to the other seasons, bit by bit until we have them all in one place. So if anyone is intending to transcribe an episode, drop me a line and let me know which ones you're doing, to avoid duplication. I'll be looking to have at least episodes 106 and 107 done by the end of the week (or weekend. Not sure how long each one will take, so that ETA might drift a bit until I do the first couple and work it out.)

I've stickied the TOC to the top of the FP folder, so that it can be easily found and links to it will be included at the top of each new episode transcript post.

This is going to be fun. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190776 08/20/08 02:18 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Has anyone mentioned lately that you rock, Labby?

Carol [who has the text for the chocolate/rocky road convo done if whoever does T: JO wants it - not much but... wink ]

#190777 08/20/08 03:14 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwww. Actually, it's purely selfish. laugh It's going to be way too much fun to do. Firstly, because it's the kind of thing I used to love doing and, secondly, because since I haven't been writing for...well, forever...it's going to be fun to just sit down for a few solid hours and do nothing but type. Haven't had the chance to do that for years!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190778 08/20/08 03:35 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I tried to open the transcripts and I got an archieve damaged error from the site.

Anyone else gotten them to open?

#190779 08/20/08 03:44 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LabRat:
Awwww. Actually, it's purely selfish. laugh It's going to be way too much fun to do. Firstly, because it's the kind of thing I used to love doing and, secondly, because since I haven't been writing for...well, forever...it's going to be fun to just sit down for a few solid hours and do nothing but type. Haven't had the chance to do that for years!

LabRat smile
Plus the fact that you can shamelessly watch your favorite scenes over and over...and over....and over, just to get it right.

#190780 08/20/08 03:48 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
And maybe the fic bug will bite again?

Hey a girl can dream wink .

Carol

Edit:
I tried to open the transcripts and I got an archieve damaged error from the site.

Anyone else gotten them to open?
I just tried the pilot from Labby's TOC and it worked fine for me.

#190781 08/20/08 04:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great idea! I'm all for resources in one place. The TOC worked fine for me. I dl Sarah transcripts before, so it will be nice to have something new.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#190782 08/20/08 07:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I didn't have any problems opening the transcripts cp33, but I did find they are somewhat hard to read because of the way they are formatted.

Yes, Labby you ROCK!! [Linked Image]

I had an idea about a story (which I never did) and did a transcript for the first part of "The Rival". This part isn't in the script - it only says, "Bo Jackson and Clark scene as shot." Anyway, if anyone wants to do the rest of that ep, you are welcome to the transcript. Or if you want partial transcripts, Labby, I can get it to you. But I guess it would have to be posted somewhere (here?) since I don't have my own website.

Hmm.. There's also a transcript somewhere on the web for BGDF. I think I have that on my hard drive - or maybe it's on the other computer.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#190783 08/21/08 01:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, whoa. I hadn't looked at Sarah's transcripts, but I was intending to use her format as a template for mine. I've just opened up her transcript for the pilot and these are WAY more detailed than the transcripts I've been used to. More like a fanfic.

I was thinking of something more like these:

Example - West Wing Transcript

Example - Dr. Who Transcript

Example - Stargate SG1 Transcript

Which are more in line with what I think of as transcripts.

The SG1 example is probably the most sparse, so I'd probably do something more in line with the Dr. Who example, with a paragraph or so of scene setting narrative here and there.

Is this format fine with everyone? If so, perhaps I should just start with the Pilot? I could leave/include links to Sarah's versions in the TOC and just do new ones in the format above to add to them.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190784 08/21/08 01:40 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Labby - anything would be fine with me - I hadn't looked at the others until yesterday [and then very briefly] but I had envisioned more like what you're talking about.

If I could suggest [since it's unlikely I'll do any]... start with the ones Sarah didn't do then perhaps redo the ones she did?

Carol

#190785 08/21/08 06:24 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right, I'm back from my podiatrist appointment and raring to get started. laugh .

Good idea, Carol. I'll start filling in the 'blanks', working around Sarah's transcripts, using the script format above and then go back and do a script format transcript of the ones Sarah did.

And who knows? Once that's all in place, maybe I won't have had my fill of typing and I might get busy with a set of fanfic format transcripts to cover all bases. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190786 08/21/08 07:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hope so Labby!

#190787 08/21/08 08:02 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Or even just fanfic wink .
Carol

#190788 08/21/08 08:06 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, there's going to be a slight delay on these. frown

Three pages and five minutes in to Requiem, my DVD began crashing every five minutes and then finally refused to play any further into the episode.

The only DVD copies I have of the episodes is the set of DVDs that Annette very kindly made me up years back burned from the TV. I suspect that they'll all be as twitchy about frequent pauses. You can't really blame them as they weren't made to stand up to this kind of abuse. laugh

However...all is not lost. <G> This made me check out the DVD sets on Amazon. I wasn't expecting to be able to afford them but, to my delight and amazement, prices on those have really plummeted. And, well, it's high time I added them to my DVD collection anyway. laugh

So, I've ordered S1 (at just £11 inc. P&P - wow!) and soon as it arrives I'll get on with the transcripts.

LabRat smile (always welcoming a good excuse to buy another DVD....)

PS - Carol, I get the strong feeling you're trying to tell me something, but for the life of me I just can't work out what it is.... [Linked Image]

The Musketeers
#190789 08/21/08 11:23 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I personally was expecting something like the Dr. Who transcripts. Dialog with scene settings and maybe sound cues.

James, who is glad for anything.

#190790 08/31/08 07:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The first of the transcripts is up. Hope it's what you're looking for and that it's useful.

I've made it a closed thread so that anyone wanting to read the transcript or save it to their hd doesn't get it cluttered up with a thread full of attached posts, but just the 'clean' copy.

I proofed it before posting, but it's always possible glitches got missed, so if you spot any errors, just let me know.

Next up...I've Got A Crush On You.

LabRat (having lots of fun laugh )

The Musketeers
#190791 08/31/08 12:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for your hard work on the two you've done, Labby. These are great!!

And when you get to The Rival, I've got the entire opening scene if you want it.

#190792 09/01/08 07:02 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I just posted the transcript for episode #215 - Return of the Prankster. I know, it seems like a strange place to just jump in, but I was already in the midst of rewatching the whole series when this project started up. So I figured I would just start from there!

I've been through it a few times - I don't think there are any typos, but please let me know if you find anything.

On to Lucky Leon...

#190793 09/23/08 06:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, the transcript for #107 is finally up. Apologies that it's taken so long. RL got massively in the way, which resulted in it taking four times as long to get done as it should have done. razz

Here's hoping the next on the list won't take quite so long!

LabRat smile

PS - Thanks, Nancy!

The Musketeers
#190794 09/23/08 09:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
PS - Thanks, Nancy!
Huh? Did you send me an email?

#190795 09/23/08 10:07 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, I was responding to your previous post on this thread, which I didn't see until I came back in to post:

Thanks for your hard work on the two you've done, Labby. These are great!!

And when you get to The Rival, I've got the entire opening scene if you want it.
LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190796 09/24/08 01:02 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
These are WONDERFUL! hyper hyper hyper

Thank you Labby and rest of you working on this! sloppy (sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Looking forward to more.
James

#190797 09/24/08 02:12 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, James. I'm enjoying doing them. (Although the next one is Smart Kids, so... goofy )

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190798 09/24/08 04:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Me, too. I got "You have requested a topic that does not exist!" help

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#190799 09/24/08 05:24 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Andreia, you seem to be talking about a different thing. The earlier post was about accessing Sarah's transcripts from her website. I imagine that the error message you got is more likely to occur here on the mbs. Is that right? Is this where you clicked on a link?

I've checked out all the links in the Transcripts TOC and all of them seem to be fine. I didn't get any problems accessing the scripts.

So, which particular link were you trying to get? And is it working now? (Perhaps it was a temporary glitch on the mbs)

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190800 09/24/08 08:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Labby, I clicked this link from your post about the TOC for Transcripts:

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=000169

And I got that message. Am I making something wrong? huh

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

#190801 09/24/08 08:40 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think I found it:
http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000841

Looks like Labby had the URL to a recently deleted topic in the FOLC Production TOCs in the clipboard. Or was the TOC originally in this section of the boards and someone (Labby?) moved it?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#190802 09/24/08 08:58 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Or was the TOC originally in this section of the boards and someone (Labby?) moved it?
Not that I recall. But anything is possible and I wouldn't trust my memory on anything these days.

/me pauses to think for a minute...

And, now that you mention it, I'm beginning to have a vague memory that you might be right...

Anyway, it's hooked to the top of this folder if anyone is looking for it. laugh

I've corrected the URL in my earlier post, just in case someone reads this thread and doesn't make it down this far. wink

Thanks for the detective work, Michael!

LabRat smile (off to spend a couple of happy hours transcribing more Smart Kids while Stuart watches football...)

The Musketeers
#190803 09/24/08 10:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Labby and Michael. It's working now. smile

#190804 07/28/09 11:34 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Would it be totally bad form to take the zip files and repost them as threads here? With credit to the orginal transcriber of course... That way they're accessible without access to WinZip or saving files [on a school computer or something]. Not sure it's necessary but was thinking it would be nice when I was looking at one of them for a quote... smile

Thanks.
Carol

#190805 07/29/09 03:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So long as Sarah is credited and a link provided to the original website on each thread, I can't think of any reason why not, Carol.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190806 07/29/09 12:20 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I posted the ones she had done from S3/4 cuz I thought they worked better with hard returns etc. and they were much shorter than the S1 ones wink [The longest of these was 21 pages when I started - the pilot [which I know is 2 eps] was 56 I think]].

Just in case anyone's interested... wink . Will do the S1 ones before long but now tis time to make dinner smile .

Carol

#190807 07/30/09 04:35 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Carol. When I get a spare moment over the next few days, I'll add links to your threads here into the TOC.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190808 12/16/09 03:41 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Labby -

FYI, the zip files are no longer available on geocities [at least not the two I tried frown ]. Makes me glad I posted them jic...

#190809 12/17/09 02:49 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As Clark would say - always pays to have a backup. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190810 12/17/09 05:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Transcripts are a great idea. I found the pilot script was way different in some cases than what was shot while researching the creation of the Suit scene for "Nighttime in the Daytime". For one thing the song over the suit changes is ZZTop's "Well Dressed Man" instead of "Holding Out For A Hero" and Clark puts on a red knit ski mask at the end!!! The horror of it!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#190811 02/20/10 05:20 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just tried the links to Sarah's eps in the Transcript TOC at the top of this forum, and all of them still link to the non-existent Geocities site. Are there new links for the transcriptions that Carol mentioned above that she had posted?

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#190812 02/20/10 05:23 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Sheila - I think they're all still on the first page or so of the forum. Try searching by my user number in the forum? I don't post over here very often... but no, I don't think Labby ever added the links...

Links... In no particular order...

Neverending Battle
Strange Visitor
I\'m Looking Through You
Pilot
Through A Glass, Darkly
Big Girls Don\'t Fly
Battleground Earth
Lord of the Flys
Swear to God, This Time We\'re Not Kidding

#190813 02/21/10 05:28 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nope, never did. I think I was waiting for the links to be posted and then, when they were, I'd forgotten all about it.

Now that you've posted the links here, Carol, I'll get to it at some point during the week. As always, these things are provisional on me getting a free moment to do it, but it shouldn't be a problem.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190814 02/24/10 05:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm also going to take copies of the transcripts, convert them to html, and place them at The World of Lois & Clark

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#190815 02/24/10 05:33 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Dandello

If you're working from Sarah's originals, you might want to use the ones I posted. Nothing too major but fixed a few typos and some spacing/punctuation/spelling errors etc. Also double spaced between paras. Just wanted to point that out in case you're working from the originals. No reason to do it twice. Of course, if you did use the ones I posted, you might find errors there too wink .

#190816 02/24/10 07:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll be using yours - and I will give you credit. I'll run them through grammar, spell, and punctuation checks before uploading them and convert *___* into italics.

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#190817 02/25/10 02:47 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The transcripts can be found at Transcripts

New ones will be added when they become available - I promise. dance

#190818 03/01/10 04:42 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, the links have now been edited.

Dandello, you can link to the three that I've done, if you like and I'm sure that amberlea would have no objections to you picking up hers, either.

You'll find the links here.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard