Print Thread
#188763 08/31/07 01:54 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Over in EJ's LNC Poll thread (which is really interesting and you should go read if you haven't already...) Zoar3 said:

As Lois said in one great fan fiction of someone's, sorry I don't remember which one!, Clark is more human than any human she ever knew.
Now, when I read that, I had the sudden thought that that was actually something Lois said in the show itself. But I haven't watched an episode in, like, a gazillion years and so I could be hopelessly confused. But now it's driving me nuts as to whether it was or wasn't.

So...is it from the show? And if so which episode?

Anyone?

help

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#188764 08/31/07 03:36 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Was it in an episode? My brain is mush. I do remember that DJ had a line like that in House of Cards :

“Yes,” he answered almost shyly, “but it just didn’t feel right. I wanted it to be with the right woman, someone special. I’m not exactly human and I didn’t...”

“No.” She shook her head adamantly. “Don’t you ever say that, Clark. Not to me. Never again - not like that,” she told him, her voice brimming with feeling. “You are human, in all the ways that count; certainly more human than Lex ever was. The only thing different from you and any other person on this planet is where you were born. That’s all, you hear me?”

It seems like there's a line in Caroline's If I Were You when Lois is having a conversation with someone else. Yep, found it!

"I'm sorry," Leslie said, shuddering delicately, "but you wouldn't catch *me* kissing him. I don't care what he looks like. He's...not human. I just couldn't do it."

Lois felt a white-hot rage flash through her. Not *human*? Clark? She'd never known a man possessed of more humanity than Clark Kent.

If it is in an episode, it must have been the fourth season. I don't know those as well. blush

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#188765 08/31/07 04:39 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I haven't read either of those (I know, I know <G>), so I wouldn't find it familiar from them. (Which isn't to say that I've picked something similar up from another fanfic over the years, of course.)

I just have this very strong visualisation of Lois on the show telling Clark, "You're more human than any other man I've ever known." Or something along those lines.

When it comes down to it though, I'd trust my memory less than any politician, so strong a memory though it is it could be completely made up by that section of my brain that enjoys messing up my head that way.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#188766 08/31/07 05:10 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I just have this very strong visualisation of Lois on the show telling Clark, "You're more human than any other man I've ever known." Or something along those lines.
You know what, it does sound oddly familiar. I'm sure Lois says something along those lines in the show.
Could it be somewhere in season 4? Maybe at the end where they having trouble having children.
I haven't watched that in a while, I'm re-watching season 2 at the moment.
I'm pretty sure though that your brains arn't messing with you wink

But know it's driving me nuts too goofy !!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#188767 08/31/07 05:13 AM
Kerth
Kerth
<sigh> It's been bugging me - I just *have* to know. I know it's not in the first two seasons - there wouldn't have been an occasion for Lois to say something like that to Clark (and I don't remember her saying it to Superman).

So I did a search on all the scripts (with the exception of BGDF, since that one isn't available) for the word "human". It turns up in about half of the episodes, but it's never used as a reassurance to Clark. So, if it is there, it was unscripted. huh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#188768 08/31/07 10:39 AM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
You haven't read, "If I Were You?" Lab Rat! I hope by now that has been rectified. smile It was an amazing story. I'd say that's probably were Lois spoke those lines, but honestly I don't remember either! I will do a little investigating right now and see if I can find out.

As far as if similar words were ever spoken on a tv episode, I admit to not having seen any L and C since they orginally aired (I know that is a worse offense than not having read "If I Were You, lol) so can't help there.

Mona

#188769 08/31/07 10:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Labby... you couldn't be thinking of the end of the New Krypton Arc where Lois tells Clark that he is "pretty romantic for a spaceman - no regular guy stands a chance" or something along those lines? I think that's just before he proposes to her again (and mentions not waiting).

Anyway, I know that's not exactly what you were thinking of... but it made me think of it anyway. <g>

Thanks for the plug, Sue. Yes, I did have Lois tell him that he was human in all the ways that counted and certainly more human that Lex. But since Labby didn't read that story, I suppose that isn't what she's thinking of. :p wink

Hope someone figures it out soon.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#188770 08/31/07 11:57 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You haven't read, "If I Were You?" Lab Rat! I hope by now that has been rectified. [Smile]
Nope, sorry. I'm aware that there's a ton of brilliant authors and stories that have been posted here over the last couple of years or so that I would just adore...DJ, Sue, Laura S, Caroline...and many more...if I was still interested in reading fanfic.

But I'm afraid, just at the moment, I really have no interest at all. And it's not just LNC fanfic - I find myself unable to concentrate or work up an interest in fanfic from my other favourite fandoms either right now. Even from my favourite authors. thumbsup

DJ, I don't think it's that one - but who can tell? I reckon that it would have to be a 3rd or 4th season episode, if it exists at all - just because it seems it would be the type of thing she'd say once she knew the secret.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#188771 08/31/07 12:43 PM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I just re-read "If I Were You," and that quote was not apart of the story. I'll look more later." I THINK it was from a longer story, but, I could be wrong.

Anyway later l and c fan gators.

#188772 09/01/07 10:00 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Doesn't she say thoses words in the end of the second episode of the fourth season, on her balcony, when Clark says he doesn't want to wait anymore for their wedding ?

Que serais-je sans toi qui vins à ma rencontre ...
#188773 09/02/07 12:03 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This could be one of those lines that were improvised, like parts of the wedding vows, and so, although they were left in the episode, they don't appear in the script.
Like others, I can hear Lois saying that line too. That could be why variations on it have appeared in several fanfics over the years. Could be an interesting new thread - improvised lines.

c.

#188774 09/02/07 12:14 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for trying, guys. Guess unless I sit down and watch every episode, I'll never know for sure. laugh Ah well...

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard