Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay. Here is my dilemma. I was watching LotF last night and realized that Smallville should probably know that Clark is SM because of the whole Lord Nor thing there. Clark goes dressed as Clark but not wearing his glasses"undercover" when all of Smallville is being held prisoner. Then when Lord Nor finds out that Clark's parents are there he uses them to get Clark to come out of hiding. He does this in front of all of the Smallville prisoners so wouldn't they make the connection on why they're singling out the Kents to get Kal El to come out of hiding. They've already established that everyone knows everyone there so... I haven't watched BE in awhile but I'm almost positive they announce in front of everyone that the Kents are his parents. Did all of Smallville just keep quiet or are the galactically stupid? The only explanation I could think of is that everyone thinks Clark is close to Superman so maybe they would assume Clark's parents are close to Superman to but I'm pretty sure they do mention the Kents being his parents in BE. huh
Anybody else have an explanation?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've read a few fics where it was explained and/or assumed that the whole town knew. Just one of those "small town secrets." Everyone knows everything about everyone. They just don't go blabbing it about to strangers. Nobody's business but their own. And not polite to mention it when the Kents are around, either.

Sure, you hear the sonic booms from time to time, or catch sight of Clark when he's supposed to be miles away, or see that certain things seem to get done overnight. But you don't say anything about it. Wouldn't be proper. Neighborly.

The other explanation is that Clark has some kind of secret power or something that helps him with his disguises. When Superman goes undercover - as a cop in a certain area of Metropolis, as someone trapped in Smallville, etc. - no one recognizes him. Even though his entire disguise is that he's wearing normal clothes without his glasses. You just don't recognize Clark (or Superman) when he doesn't want to be recognized.

Or you could just chalk it up to writers who didn't think things through (shocking, but it happens sometimes...) and forget about it.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Let's see - Steel Shadows/Wells steps in behind the scenes with a future version of 'Bummer Be Gone'

Zara and Ching (being telepathic and all) zap everybody with a version of the 'forget kiss' from SII.

The whole town stays quite about it except for the couple of people who tell Spooky Mulder and since nobody believes him...

A secret government agency swears everyone to secrecy.

Martha and Jonathan, Lois and Clark convince everybody that Nor was completely delusional and was liar's blackmail on Clark to get to Superman.

I'm sure there are others. laugh

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Merriwether
Merriwether
there's one where the townsfolk are talking about how incredibly easy to figure out.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard