Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of you would still be here?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That's a good question because with only two seasons it might have never gone into syndication and I would definetly not be here, I would have never known the show existed in the first place.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hmmm I'm sure there wouldn't be any message boards for the show, but when ever it be mentioned we'd probaly say OH yeah I remeber that show lol thank god it didn't die after season 2 dance

Misha: I'm not a crackpot!

Martha: No dear, trust me, you are.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm...interesting. I didn't have a need for fanfic until the third season when Clark left for New Krypton. But I didn't even search for anything about the show online until after it went off the air; I was wondering why exactly there wasn't a season 5, and then I stumbled into TUFS. Sooo sufficed to say, I probably wouldn't have found anything interesting on the 'net, and wouldn't have found my way onto the Yahoo list...unless there was like an unfinished third season that some FOLCs had taken up. :p

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Imagine the horror!

"Lois, will you marry me?"

To be continued.

NOT!

Argh.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Merriwether
Merriwether
I mostly watched S1 and S2 and RL took me away from S3 and then I lost interest.

I would still be a fan and if I found it yes, I would be here.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by C_A:
Imagine the horror!

"Lois, will you marry me?"

To be continued.

NOT!

Argh.
AAAHHH!!!! the horror that wuld be so much worse than the baby that no one knows where he came from.

Blogger
Blogger
Probably not because I just started to watch Lois and Clark when season 2 came out. Plus with just 2 seasons it would be kinda boring. I totally agree if they left it hanging when Clark says- Lois will you marry me?
and she says- Clark(then sighs)That would be HORRIBLE!

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Probably not. My interest was first sparked when I caught a few seconds of the Wedding Arc, from a distance, while on holiday. And, since I've had this thing for years about evil doubles (even being known to watch an episode of a show I hated if that was the theme of the week)I immediately sat up straight and went, "Hel...lo! What's that?" goofy

At the time, I couldn't watch further, but it caught my attention enough that some months later, when I spotted reruns on a cable channel, I tuned in to the last half of The Phoenix and...well, the rest is history.

So if those episodes had never been aired...think it's doubtful I'd have realised what I was missing. (Despite my best friend telling me constantly for some time before that and being poo poo'd by me for watching 'that kid's show'. :rolleyes: )

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well I've been an online FoLC since early 1995, in the middle of season 2. laugh So yes - I think it is safe to say that I would probably still be here. thumbsup

But I do think the FoLC community would be considerably smaller, especially considering that season 3 is where the show gained its strongest following! wink

BTW, fanfic is what got me through the summer of 1996 more than anything! Like many FoLCs, it was my LIFELINE for that entire summer!! notworthy So while I might not have been as into fanfic had there *not* been a New Krypton arc - I'm sure I'd still be reading it all the same!

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Ambar:
=AAAHHH!!!! the horror that wuld be so much worse than the baby that no one knows where he came from.
At least we *do* know where the baby came from! wink

He was dropped off by H.G. Wells, and was one of L&C's descendants. That baby proved that they could, and would, bear children together. thumbsup

He was supposed to age at a rapid-rate AND have superpowers, and that would have been the basis for season 5 - had there been one.

I'm actually one of the few who is kind of happy we didn't have to witness that. :rolleyes:

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by lisime12:
hmmm I'm sure there wouldn't be any message boards for the show, but when ever it be mentioned we'd probaly say OH yeah I remeber that show lol thank god it didn't die after season 2 dance
There would have been message boards for the show, rest assured of that - because during season 2 there already WERE. The LOISCLA listserv started up in 1995 I believe, or maybe 1994 even? I know that I joined it in February 1995 myself if I recall correctly. If not someone can correct me, I'm sure! wink

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by SuperGEM:
[b]=AAAHHH!!!! the horror that wuld be so much worse than the baby that no one knows where he came from.

He was dropped off by H.G. Wells, and was one of L&C's descendants. That baby proved that they could, and would, bear children together. thumbsup

He was supposed to age at a rapid-rate AND have superpowers, and that would have been the basis for season 5 - had there been one.

I'm actually one of the few who is kind of happy we didn't have to witness that. :rolleyes: [/b]
You're kidding right. Well if thats the season they pitched no wonder the network pulled the plug. Age at a rapid-rate? And people conplained about that episode of Smallville.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is amazing, a topic I started is popular!! lol

But seriously, that storyline would've killed my interest in L&C......

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter

I'm actually one of the few who is kind of happy we didn't have to witness that. :rolleyes:
You're kidding right. Well if thats the season they pitched no wonder the network pulled the plug. Age at a rapid-rate? And people conplained about that episode of Smallville. [/QB]
No I'm definitely not kidding, but I wish I was. We got that straight from Tim Minear ... he came onto the IRC and chatted with us after the last episode aired. wink

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I don't know if I was here cause the first episodes I saw were defintely the ones of the 3rd season.

That's one thing I know for sure cause in last weeks they aired the first seasons once again here in Germany and I didn't know anything about all the time before the wedding argh.

Of course, I was very very unhappy getting to know that time that the show is over - but I thought, that the FH was really planned to be the very last ep of the show. "So, there's a baby, maybe Lois finally got pregnant aggainst all odds" wink (hey, I was 10, don't blame me... laugh )

When I learnt that there was planned so much more, I really got frustrated.

But I have to agree with you, that the plan for the fifth season was kinda strange. I personally would have liked it, but I'm sure the fandom they had by then would have protested against this twist.
And THAT would've been a really sad ending. I always hated that saying but sometimes you have to end things when they're on their top - cause otherwise the people would not miss the show that much we do.

So, okay, I'm babbling once again...

For accuracy's sake, I can say:
The destiny would have want me NEVER to watch the show by now cause I don't remember any broadcasting since the one I saw and that's why I would have seen L&C for the first time by now.

So - No, I wouldn't have been here...at least not by now.

Bye,

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're kidding right. Well if thats the season they pitched no wonder the network pulled the plug.
Yeah, now you know why so many FoLCs had mixed feelings about losing season five. goofy

TM, of course, went on not so long after to join Angel - and promptly ruined that show for me by resurrecting the whole idea. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, that's actually what they had planned to base season 5 on?
I haven't seen the final episode even the whole season 4 so I don't know what really happened or even about the baby. L&C was broadcast here in Manila but not after the show actually ended. I remember it was 1998 and the girls at my school were ogling over at Dean Cain. Back then I don't really watch the show ( I was 12, what do I know) But I have a faint memory of one episode it was Clark & Lois kissing while going inside a house(?) then people yelling 'surprise'(?) that's all I remember but it caught my interest then. I think I've seen few more episodes but that one episode is the only memory I have from the show.
I know it's from either season3 or 4 because I have S1&2 on dvd and it's not there.
So to answer the question, I probably wouldn't be here if L&C had bombed after the second season.
But if the show got syndicated then maybe I'll have some urge to check it out over the 'net just to know it's history.

You're the icing on my cake.
What's that?
Chocolate, of course.
--
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by spark:
But I have a faint memory of one episode it was Clark & Lois kissing while going inside a house(?) then people yelling 'surprise'(?) that's all I remember but it caught my interest then. I think I've seen few more episodes but that one episode is the only memory I have from the show.
I know it's from either season3 or 4 because I have S1&2 on dvd and it's not there.
Yeah, I think, it's 4-16 "AKA Superman"

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Bye,

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by LabRat:
You're kidding right. Well if thats the season they pitched no wonder the network pulled the plug.
Yeah, now you know why so many FoLCs had mixed feelings about losing season five. goofy

TM, of course, went on not so long after to join Angel - and promptly ruined that show for me by resurrecting the whole idea. wink

LabRat smile
Oh so that's where that came from. I was never a huge Angel fan but I would watch the show on and off. But that whole thing with the baby becoming an instant teenager just completetly killed my interest. It was just stupid and confusing.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I would have still been a fan. I remember being a kid and watching/taping the very first episode. I was hooked from day one. I recently picked the series back up (I hadn't though of it in years) and in watching it realized just how many times I must have watched each episode! For someone who hadn't seen it in well over 10 years I sure did remember almost everything in the episodes. smile

So, yes I would have still been a fan.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I still would have been a fan. I was a fan from the very first episode when it aired in '93. I never missed an episode airing on ABC.

I regret that I didn't have internet access and so didn't know about the fandom back then or the fanfic...only just found it this year when the DVD's started being released.

But I was a fan nonetheless.

However, I do think I would have found the fandom and fanfic sooner perhaps if the show had been cancelled after 2 seasons because I would have felt empty and disheartened at the proposal with no answer. I would have been looking for fulfillment. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I think I would have still been a fan, and would have still been here. I started watching in mid-season 1, and the reason I found these boards was that I took the plunge to review it on IMDb. I think I'd still have done it, even if there had only been two seasons.

Then again, Raquel - who was the one to contact me after reading my review - should have still been a fan. I'm not sure I'd have discovered fanfic without her.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Blogger
Blogger
I probably never would have discovered it, because I discovered it watching reruns of it on TBS with my cousin at 7 in the morning when I was anywhere from 8-10. There I caught all the episodes of every season. Then we moved and I forgot about it temporarily, until I remembered and wished it was still on the air. Then I discovered the box sets. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard