Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay, so CJ and Lois have dinner and talk.

This is one part that will make more sense if you have read / can remember what happened in EMI. (Sorry about that! wink )

Chris

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That went WAY too quickly. Was this is a shorter section, or simply a very smooth read?

I think most people would not be inclined to accuse me of having an automatically dirty mind laugh but Chris, I have to say that Lois' introspection after the kiss -- especially the references to their respective positions -- sounded a lot more like, uh, the afterglow from something a little more than a kiss. blush If that's deliberate, fine. If not, you might want to look that bit over.

I am *so* impressed with these two for having the courage to clear the air. Elyse's ghost, we can hope, will finally be put to rest.

Interesting to have Toni come up again. I really want to see what happens next. I wan't kidding when I said that you do a great A-plot. And hey, the B-plot is pretty darn interesting, too! goofy

This continues to be an interesting read, Chris. Give us MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/me does a victory dance

They kissed!!!

Great job.

Jen
(who really *is* interested in the A plot too laugh )

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
"With Lois, if she would have him."

But she decides to take a trip to the Congo and is never seen again... the end.

No?

Actually, this was a good instalment even if it did border on getting a bit heavy on that yucky stuff. Apparently this Lois hasn't had too many federal disasters if she's willing to admit to her attraction to Clark. Of course, there is no man in tights for competition and she knows about the powers, so maybe not so hard to believe.

Things are going good... too good, time for the nasty whams to manifest themselves.

Tank (who thinks that CJ's Lois needs to come across the picture of Clark's Lois so she can see how great she'd look with short hair wink )

B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Hey, Chris,

Sorry I haven't been commenting consistently, but I am still reading! And I loved this part -- I was having some major jealousy after that kiss. wink

I'm so glad you're having these two help each other get over their guilt. Now let's go out and kick some bad guy butt! Semi-within the bounds of the law, of course. wink

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

More soon, please.

MAF smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great part!! smile1

Don't take me wrong, I love the A plot, but I was more that just fine with a whole section of "B" (did I mention the smoochies???) laugh

Keep up the great work!!

S (who can't wait to see where this story is going now..... and is not above begging for more soon!?! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
great part, chris. smile

love lois and take-out. was hoping you'd go that route. didn't seem likely that CJ would have thought to go for it himself, or even that he'd be too familiar with international take-out joints, given his limited powers.

great conversation about elyse, too... sharing the guilt, moving past it together, realizing how much better l&c go together than e&c... well done, and very nice to see.

and yay, they kissed! and they kissed again! and it looks like they're ready to make this a more regular thing... laugh

nice rescue, too. cj's getting pretty well accustomed to this hero thing, isn't he? and look, it got him interested in toni! wonder if anything will come of that.

have to say, i was almost expecting a folc cameo during that rescue... been reading too many in the challenge folder. blush

oh... while i'm writing...

Paul: I'm a Daredevil reader, rather than a comic reader, more generally. Hope that's not a disappointment!

You know, you are a wonderful fountain of trivia. I didn't know that about Jeeps; can anyone confirm? (Actually, I didn't even know that there was such a thing as a foot operated parking brake.)
thanks. smile random (semi-) useless trivia is a specialty of mine. laugh

oh, and if you're only going to read one comic, DD is definitely a good choice. smile

as for parking brakes, most US parking brakes are pedal-operated. in fact, i think i've only seen hand lever parking brakes on cars with manual transmission.

i did go to double-check, since i've only driven a ford explorer, not a jeep (though i have seen interior pictures of jeeps). i found this site, which sells used jeep parts. under jeep grand cherokee, they have various parking brake parts, including "parking brake pedal," but nothing about levers. i took a quick look around for owner's manuals, but came up mostly with people trying to sell jeeps with owner's manuals or sell copies of old owner's manuals.

anyway, looking forward, as always, to seeing more of this. smile keep it up. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

A fantastic part! clap
Wonderful smoochies! So WAFFy! sloppy

The conversation about Elyse is superbly written.

You have me completely hooked and I look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chris,
I just wanted to say that I agree with everyone's comments (except Tank's suggestions wink ).

I'm looking forward to the next section!

Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Top Banana
Top Banana
SMOOCHIES!! clap

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Features Writer
Features Writer
OK, I've gotten behind in reading and commenting yet again...sigh...but I'm all caught up now.

Tank complained that it was "a bit heavy on the yucky stuff", but not for me. I loved it. The kiss was awesome, and I really liked how they got the whole Elyse issue out in the open and dealt with it. So now it can all be smooth sailing, right? wink You're not really going to listen to Tank and bring on any of those nasty whams to mess them up, are you? [Linked Image]

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks guys! I'm delighted to see that you approve! smile

Hazel: no, this wasn't a short section! smile

Afterglow, huh? Believe me, that certainly isn't the impression you're supposed to have at this stage! (Hey, there has to be the potential for their relationship to deepen over the course of this story; at this point, they should still be paddling around the shallow end.)

I imagined them sitting on the sofa, then kissing, then CJ reclining against the cushions and Lois reclining against him. They haven't rumpled their clothes or anything at this stage; they've only just worked out that they might actually enjoy kissing each other... Lois's reaction is supposed to be based more on her emotions than on the intensity of their encounter. Does that make sense?

If that isn't how it comes across, then I really need to change things. Could anyone else tell me if they thought 'afterglow' here?

I'm delighted to see that I've got general approval for way the Elyse story has been (mostly) dealt with.

As for Toni... Ah, so people have noticed her second mention. smile Yes, she will get mentioned again later. But then, so will quite a few other people.

Tank: no, Lois won't be going to the Congo. In fact, she spends most of this fic in Metropolis. CJ, however, gets to travel a little further afield. And, yes, there are a couple of whams coming, but you'll have to wait a while longer for them.

Oh, and there will be more yucky stuff, too. You have been warned. smile

Paul: no folc cameos anywhere in this fic! It is a cameo free zone.

Thanks for the link; I'll be off to explore as soon as I'm done here.

Kathy: it depends what you mean by smooth sailing, doesn't it? I can't guarantee they they won't argue, and I've already said that there are some whams to come. All I will promise is that Lois and CJ won't stop talking to each other. smile

Liz, Avia, Tricia, RetroRose, Maria, Bethy and Jen; thanks for your comments, too. smile

Chris (desperately seeking clarification on the afterglow thing... please?)

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Nice beginning to a closer relationship. It also seems to me that if CJ is going to do many more rescues like that, he *needs* a costume. If he doesn't have some kind of a disguise, he's going to be on the front page of the National Whisper.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris, I personally didn't get an 'afterglow' vibe, but just what you said, that Lois was definitely affected by the kisses. I admit that I did think it was possible that clothing might have been rumpled - loosened tie and collar button, something minor like that, but that's all. I think CJ looks really good that way, but I can try to banish that image from my mind, if you want me to... :p

I was kind of joking about the smooth sailing stuff. After all, it wouldn't be L&C without problems along the way, would it? Thanks for the wham-warning! At least if they keep talking to each other, that's a big plus!

And I definitely agree with Nan about needing a costume. But just because he had decided against being Superman doesn't mean he can't change his mind...can this Lois sew? laugh

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderful segment, Chris!

CJ busied himself in the kitchen, stuffing cartons in the trash and making coffee, while Lois waited for him on the sofa.
Well, after waiting for the dinner I hit this line first and was almost on my way out of the door forming a lynch mob as I thought you were welching out on us there. goofy Whew. Glad I was wrong. <G>

I still haven't found the time to read EMI (Bad reader blush ) , but this simply made me more determined to. laugh

Then they were reaching for each other, shyly. Almost tentatively. Their lips brushed together. He could taste echoes of their meal and the wine, and beneath that, the taste of her as they kissed.
Wooohooo! clap Seriously, <g> this was a very sweet and tender moment.

She was smiling at him.
<snuffle>

Now he was finally at peace and ready to move on.

With Lois, if she would have him.
mecry

Still a little surprised Lois hasn't got to discussing any expectations CJ has based on seeing the other Lois and Clark together - she seems to be getting in pretty deep now and it seems strange to me that it hasn't yet occurred to her. Still, perhaps with Elyse out of the way... smile And maybe it's just because I'm eager to see that particular conversation that has me focused on it out of proportion. wink

If that isn't how it comes across, then I really need to change things. Could anyone else tell me if they thought 'afterglow' here?
I have to admit that the first line of the following scene, with her lying against his chest, made me think they'd just slept together and I did think, "Woah, that was quick!" <G>. But the next couple of paragraphs corrected my impression pretty quickly and I did realise my mistake within a few lines, so I don't think it was that big a problem. If you want input with intent to tweak it though, it was definitely the lying snuggled on his chest that prompted me to think of 'afterglow'.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Rat pretty much explained it, Chris. The first line or two had me blink, but subsequent lines made it more clear. All you have to do is make the first few lines mesh more neatly with the rest, and you're home free. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris
smoochies waffy
I enjoyed this
good job
more soon please
merry

Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks Nan, LabRat, Kathy, Hazel and Merry for comments and clarification! smile

Nan: I think CJ is beginning to come round to your way of thinking, but it is a very gradual process, as you will see. wink

I've done some tweaking, and this is what I came up with. (I've changed by 'master' but I haven't changed the version posted here.)

Lois could feel the warmth of CJ's body through his shirt as she leaned against him. It reminded her of basking in the sun on a summer's day. It was soothing, in a way, as were the arm he'd wrapped around her and the gentle huskiness of his voice as they unhurriedly talked. Right now she needed soothing because the kisses they had shared had had the power to shake her to her very core, which was odd, she thought, because she'd always associated the kinds of turbulent emotions she was feeling now with passion, and the kisses hadn't been passionate so much as gentle and tender – a hint of what perhaps could be. They had been chaste – almost tentative, uncertain, shy – but at the same time, wonderful, arousing in her feelings of greater depth than she could ever remember feeling before. She'd already realised that she was attracted to CJ. What she *hadn't* realised was just how deep that attraction ran.

She needed time now to get used to the idea that he was, apparently, just as attracted to her as she was to him. But she'd been attracted to men before, and things hadn't worked out, just as she knew things hadn't worked out for him in the past, either. Who was to say that it would work out for either of them now?

And yet... There was something about him – about *them* – that her intuition was insisting was different. The attraction wasn't about lust, about two good-looking people lying together – at least not entirely. There was something about it that called to her soul, that told her this was as much about a meeting of hearts and minds as of bodies.

She snuggled closer, enjoying the feel of his body against hers. She smiled as she listened to the steady beat of his heart, and let the sound soothe the rampaging thoughts that were drifting around her head and easing her excitement and nervousness into a calmer acceptance.
Chris

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Works for me, Chris - very waffy. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard