Print Thread
#180492 10/31/05 06:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what was gonna happen with the S4 cliffhanger? Coz I hear they had it planned....

#180493 10/31/05 06:29 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Enough to let some of us become almost glad we didn't get one, Jensguy. <G>

Tim Minear said later, after the cancellation, that the baby would grow superfast to become a rebellious teen who would cause all kinds of problems for his parents by using his superpowers recklessly. :rolleyes: I'm pretty glad we didn't have to spend half a season on that.

You'll note that TM kind of resurrected the idea later in Angel. Which is when my interest in the show waned, I have to say. Connor just bugged the heck out of me.

There was also a planned episode for season five, I believe, that would have Lois and Clark transported back in time to when they were teenagers. Or swapped with their earlier teen selves - can't remember which it was. That one might have been fun.

Think there was a third plotline mooted, but can't for the life of me recall what that one was.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#180494 10/31/05 07:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, that does make me almost glad the show was cancelled..... Thanks Labrat.

As for Angel, I stopped watching when Conner was a baby.....

#180495 10/31/05 09:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My memory's foggy -- I wouldn't have remembered that L&C-as-teenagers idea (and somebody ought to write that, actually, it could be cool). I do believe there was going to be another alternate-universe fic, wherein alt-Clark is reunited with alt-Lois, but I don't remember any details of how they planned to achieve that.

Anyway, as fifth seasons go, I think the fans did a pretty decent job -- I've heard a lot of people say TUFS (the unaired fifth season) was their first introduction to L&C fic, and S5 (Season 5) was going so well we did a sort of half-season for S6. You can find them all on the archive, under "themes," I think.

PJ
who also has the fancy formatted multi-media versions of S5 & 6 on her website , but wouldn't want to boast...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#180496 10/31/05 11:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I do believe there was going to be another alternate-universe fic, wherein alt-Clark is reunited with alt-Lois, but I don't remember any details of how they planned to achieve that.
Ah, yes, that was the third one. I knew it was something I'd have wanted to see! goofy Thanks for the memory injection, Pam. And thank heavens for fanfic, which probably did a better job on this one than anything the show could have produced, anyway!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard