Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#180329 11/25/05 06:25 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Superman: Hard to decide between Christopher Reeves and Dean Cain. The former has the height but the latter has the build. Still, if I had a gun to my head I'd probably scream, Christopher Reeves!! Just please pad the briefs. TMI, man."

Clark Kent: Defintely Dean Cain for excellent post-Crisis characterization. (As funny as it is watching Kal-El pretend to be Clark Kent I'm so much more intrigued by Clark Kent as himself.)

Lois Lane: Another hard one. Both Teri Hatcher and Erica Durance have that neurotic quality that I love in my Lois Lanes. Durance has that harder edge and Hatcher has humor and quirkiness. But I suppose it all depends on which Clark Kent you choose. I really couldn't see the Durance Lois Lane having all that much chemistry with Dean Cain's CK She's too hard and angry for him. So... Teri Hatcher.

Jimmy Olsen: Michael Landes - So eager and pathetic all at once. My favorite kind of Jimmy Olsen.

Perry White: Lane Smith - It's his southern tinged growl that gets me every time.

Lex Luthor: Michael Rosenbaum is hands down the best Lex Luthor I've seen or read in all the time I've been a fan of Superman. He's handsome and evil all at once. He's slick but has hiccups of madness. His evil side has this oddly humorous quality. In the Smallville episode "Aqua" Rosenbaum has this scene that had me snickering. Felt bad about it afterwards because, really, torture isn't supposed to be funny. Or sexy. And yet Rosenbaum makes it both.

Ma Kent: K Callan - I love how she teases her boy. She's just so much fun. Wise but not somber. She's so modern it's hilarious. Oh my god, it's the funniest thing in the world to think about Superman's mom embarassing him! I can totally see K Callan's character doing that.

Pa Kent: John Schneider - I just like how solidly he portrays both a father and a farmer. (Plus, I've been in love with him since my nanny let me watch Dukes of Hazzard when I was five.)

Well, I've babbled on long enough. I hear my brother waking up and I've gotta get to those leftovers before he does.

Happy Shopping Day!! (to those who do Shopping Day) Happy Friday!! (to those who don't)

Quinolones!!
#180330 12/16/05 03:34 PM
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Clark Kent/Superman: Josh Zwifler or Ethan Hienz
Lois Lane: Erika Jacobson or Whitney Fruidenburg
Lex Luthor: Chris Neal-Tripp or Ethan Hienz

Oh...you were talking about FAMOUS people who have already DONE the roles. sorry...but when you know the fabulious actors/actresses I knw it's kinda hard...Seriously...Ethan my verry well be the best actor I've ever met...and he has this freakishly awesome evil laugh that would make me TOTALLY think he'd be AWESOME as Lex...but you wanna talk powerfully evil? Chris played the ghost of Hamlet's father in "Hamlet" and scared EVERYBODY in the audence so bad..hehe. and Josh Zwifler...well...you know what Lois said "every woman in love thinks her man looks like Superman" but in his case...it's TRUE. 6'4, and REALLY good-looking (silently praying he dosen't read these boards...he's just my crush not my boyfriend or anything...) And Erika Jacobson...well...she's one of my best friends...but we do have a bit of a Lois/Jimmy type relationship...in the sence that she tells me what to do and, ususally under protest, I do it. But Whitney is the best leading lady actress EVER and...

yeah...this was a terrablly pointless rant.

Personally? I say L&C's cast but with John Shinider as Johnithen would be my ideal Superman cast from people who already have had the roles...

Maybe Steven Strait as Lex though.

#180331 12/16/05 08:43 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm in complete agreement with Greenie's casting choices, except for Jimmy - I have to go with Justin Whalen.

Labrat wrote:
I was already a huge fan of Justin Whalen, thanks to a guest star role he did for one of my other all-time favourite shows, The Young Riders.
Oh, I loved that show!!! I still have the episode on tape where the Kid and Lou made love for the first time...I fast forward through the stupid A plot in that one to get to all of the scenes with them together. (The Kid in the shower stall...yum!)

I really liked John Shea's portrayal, and enjoyed the fact that he had hair (when he came back to life bald, I thought he looked stupid). But Michael Rosenbaum is just delicious! I can't take my eyes off him (in fact, the only time I truely pay attention to Smallville is when Lex is on screen). Mmmmm, sexy Lexy! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#180332 12/16/05 09:10 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, I loved that show!!! I still have the episode on tape where the Kid and Lou made love for the first time...I fast forward through the stupid A plot in that one to get to all of the scenes with them together. (The Kid in the shower stall...yum!)
ROTFL! Yeah, that one was a keeper. /me tries to remember the aplot and fails. I was a huge K/L ship fan and any episode that concentrated on them was a favourite. Although, I was also a huge J/L ship fan and their episodes were favourites, too. So sue me - I was fickle. laugh

Do you remember the episode with JW, Susan? The one where he played the young outlaw, who developed a crush on Lou and inadvertantly brought her and Kid together? The one where Kid proposed at the end? JW was marvellous in it.

<sigh> Now, that's a show that needs to be brought out on DVD. My tapes are wearing mighty thin.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#180333 12/16/05 10:04 PM
Kerth
Kerth
/me tries to remember the aplot and fails
LOL...it had something to do with Cody and an old wilderness guy who was shooting at people with his shotgun.

J/L - blech! K/L all the way! smile

Do you remember the episode with JW, Susan?
Sigh...yes, so sweet! I hadn't realized it was Justin until after L&C when I went back through my Young Riders tapes and saw that episode again. (I only kept the ones that focused on K/L!) Justin was great in that one.

Now, that's a show that needs to be brought out on DVD. My tapes are wearing mighty thin.
No kidding! I would buy that series in a heartbeat! I taped every episode of both L&C and YR from the original broadcasts, but did it in extended play, so now they're all basically unwatchable (same with my Young Indiana Jones Chronicles collection). frown

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#180334 12/19/05 01:41 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
As for the movie, I haven't been paying too much attention. I'll wait till they have their stuff more together and we can see actual trailers and such.
There actually is already a trailer being played in theaters and on the movie's website. http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/trailer.html It *looks* okay so far, but I'm not holding my breath.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard