#180292 10/13/05 04:43 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
alrightey, kids....

there was a two-parter where Jonathan "Friendly Frakes" and his wife...Francis?....guest-starred as....I think the names were Tim and Amber Lake. they were collecting things, and got L&C, and there were some really pretty special effects when CK broke outa the cage. remember that ep?

In one scene, you are being taken through the collection of the Lakes', and they drop a Very Broad Hint that they got Batman's car. I wanna write a shortie on what happened after that. laugh could someone tell me what was the name of this episode, so I could look up the script? or could someone tell---no, actually, I think the stuff I need to know would best be gotten from the script. anyone? and I might be back here asking how that link to the scripts works, because when I tried it just now, it made nooooo sense whatsoever to me.... confused

#180293 10/13/05 04:50 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
It was 'Don't Tug on Superman's Cape' but it wasn't a two parter it was a one parter that was the first episode after they made up. It's the episode with the James Bond and I Love Lucy spoofs.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#180294 10/13/05 05:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sileas, to get to the episode script, click on the TEXT link.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#180295 10/13/05 05:54 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
yep. blush I actually went snooping around and found it. not a two-parter. *scratches head* what was it that made me think it was a two-parter....

in any case, what the script says and what they actually filmed is usually slightly different, and this one is no different. most of their collection probably is the same, but the car isn't mentioned, and i'm probably missing a few other pieces too. anyone wanna pull out that ep and tell me what was in there? doesn't have to be everything, just a general idea. or just remember off the top of your head--that'll do fine. one that was in the script was the genuine Magna Carta, and next to that, anything like a custom car is pretty small. the lakes got sent to prison, right? thanks!

#180296 10/13/05 08:11 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Sileas... this is actually one of my favorite episodes! smile1 Just about the only thing I don't like is that darned pair of earrings Lois wears... they cover her entire ear, it seems like. razz Anyway... laugh

"Rich people, with a hobby. We collect things. Rare, unusual, one of a kind things... and aside from each other, possession is our passion. This block of cement - Jimmy Hoffa! And here, the arms of the Venus de Milo. This car, of course, one of a kind. We're just batty about it. On the right, the original draft of the Magna Carta. It's a room full of treasures. No one knows they're here. They're just for us."

There you go. More or less word for word... I might have fudged one or two. goofy

And as a side note of trivia... Lex Luthor used to be in possesion of the arms of the Venus de Milo... I think. Anyone remember what episode that was? And if Lex had the Magna Carta, too?

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#180297 10/13/05 08:42 PM
Columnist
Columnist
The episode with Lex and with the arms is The Foundling. The one where Clark's Kryptonian globe talks to him and is stolen by Jack. The other treasures Lex mentions are the Full Figure of Mona Lisa, Gainesboro's Yellow Boy, Beethoven's 10th Symphony and the better self portriat of Van Gogh (his severed ear on a chair).

#180298 10/13/05 10:00 PM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ah ha! Thanks, Kmar!! laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#180299 10/14/05 04:26 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
thankee very kindly everyone! *flexes fingers* now let's see what I can do.... the trick for me, of course, is KEEPING IT SHORT. I don't finish long ones.

#180300 10/16/05 12:40 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd yet another question! smile

like, I'm keeping this thread open permanently. smile

once again, with feeling! i've only seen some of the series, maybe about one season's worth, sprinkled here and there, but at some point I remember clark's parents moving to metro, right? are they in metro? and is it an apartment or a lil house? thanks!

#180301 10/16/05 01:28 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Actually, AFAIK they never moved to metropolis, though they did stay there with Clark/Lois and Clark on occassion.

I don't know if they did in TUFFS or the fan written S5/S6.

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#180302 10/16/05 03:53 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark's parents never moved to Metropolis in the show. They visited, and would stay in L&C's guest room in the 4th season (after L&C bought their townhouse) but never left the farm for more than a vacation.

In S5/S6 (one of the fanfic continuations of the show), we had Clark's parents selling the farm in the fifth season in order to travel the world. They would stay with L&C from time to time to help out with the baby. But that was just fanfic -- not canon to the show. If you are setting yours after the show's end, you can do whatever you want with the Kents. smile

Kathy

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard