Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#177350 02/14/05 11:47 AM
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey, thanks, Ankit! Glad you liked it. I know we have fun writing it. laugh

So, time for a new picture... Hmm... Well, with Christiane moving her site, I'll have to look elsewhere... For example, The Lois and Clark TV Archive . So, let's see what you FoLCs can do with this...

[Linked Image]

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I don't know if it's just me but, uh, I can't see the image... huh

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pork Barrel Scientist:...so you see Mr. Luthor, thats why we need $320 million in our study to find out if boxers are better than briefs.

Lex: And you got Kent here to volunteer as a test subject?

Clark: Journalism doesn't pay *THAT* well, Luthor.

TEEEEEEEEEJ

Columnist
Columnist
Can't see the picture either. huh

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hmm. That's odd. It shows up just fine for me, and obviously for TJ, as well. Can you see it if you open it in its own window here ?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I can only see it if I go to the page (following the properties) and then come back. The link gets a "not allowed" page, BUT if you refresh it, the picture comes up.

Sadly, after all that, I still have no caption ideas. :p

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, moved it to my own webspace, which will hopefully help.

[Linked Image]

That any better?

Paul

Merriwether
Merriwether
Much. smile

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Lex: That's right, you're to give him the full treatment. Facials, manicures, pedicures, massages, why, anything his lil' heart desires.

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Can't think of caption... too distracted.... drool

Eh, I tried. I'll come back if I actually think of one. wink

Sara drool

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, Paul, I just copied the link attached to the picture, and put it in the address line on my Explorer. It worked for me!

TEEEEJ

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Lex: Hmmm, nice abs.

Tank (who thought of something else first but remembered this wasn't Smallville)

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
(This is just for fun, please don't pick me.)

Doc: He's been here like this since I arrived this morning---The cleaning staff came in and found him in my office, standing on my desk, singing what was apparently an awful rendition of "It's a Long Way to Tipperary"! Obviously, Mister Luthor, the artificial Kryptonite didn't *exactly* work they way we'd intended...

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"Is he dead?"
"Yes sir."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"I'm not dead!"
"You most certainly are! Don't listen to him sir! He's lying!"
"But I'm not dead!"

(This is what happens when you drink too much caffine...)

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD : I checked all the vitals. He’s in excellent shape. I'm sure he's just trying to gain some time.Try it again.

Lex : OK Kent. Stop cheating. For the 20 th time, I’ll count to three, and you’ll instantly wake up. 1…2…3. (Clark opens his eyes) Brilliant ! So now tell me… How many?

Clark : 110 billionth sheeps before I actually drifted to sleep. Told you I’ll beat you on this, Luthor.

Carole smile1

Features Writer
Features Writer
Scientist: The Clone is ready, sir. I made all the tests possible, but I left the last one for you.

Lex: Don't tell me... (The stunned look in his face turned into a grin.)

Scientist: Yes, sir. Colonoscopy.

MDL devil (Sorry. I couldn't help it when I saw the object in the doctor's hand :p )

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Been a few days since the last caption. Time to pick a winner (well, a bit past time... sorry). Looking over the entries, I think I have to go with this one:

"Is he dead?"
"Yes sir."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"I'm not dead!"
"You most certainly are! Don't listen to him sir! He's lying!"
"But I'm not dead!"
rotflol Jenni! You (and your caffeine) are up!

Paul

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! thank you Paul smile I have to admit, I like my caffine. Anyway I hope this works and that this pic hasn't been posted before.

[Linked Image]

Courage in your own.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clark Kent gets exposed to Purple Kryptonite and as a result has become obsessively fashion conscious.

Clark: Oh my gosh! this hair style is SO 80's!! Bangs are all the fad this year, honey, lets go with bangs.

TEEEEEEEJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh... Erm...

Clark: Whoops... I think I focused my heat-vision a bit too much.
Lois (It is Lois, right?): "A bit too much"? You made my hair frizzy!

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Clark: Okay, I've seen MIB and I've got X-ray vision. I know you're an Arquillian. You can come out of the giant robotic human suit now. Hello? You awake in there?

-------

(I'm going to get in trouble for this, but I can't resist...)

Clark: <knock, knock> Hello? Anybody home? Hello-o?

<No response>

Clark: <sigh> It's no use, Lois. She's gone completely blonde.

-------

Clark: Hmm. A mannequin mysteriously left inside the apartment. Judging by the look of these hairs over here, it would seem it was manufactured in one of the factories on the East End. The traces of soot on this particular hair indicate that the particular factory in question is near a place where they burn coal. How very interesting. <grabs a pipe and hat> Come, Lois. The game's afoot!

Lois: <grumble> Stupid dinner party. <mutter> thinks he's Holmes now. <mumble, mumble> How did I get to be Watson, anyway?

Clark: Lo-is, I can heeear you...

Lois: Great. <mumble, mumble> Holmes with superhearing. Just what the world needed... <mutter>

-------

Paul, who doesn't have anything against blondes, really...

Columnist
Columnist
Not replying to the pic, just for someone else.

*bites paul* Cute paul, real cute wink

Other then that, rotflol I did enjoy it. laugh

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
LOL Paul. And, to any blondes out there -- I'm sure he's using the term as my theatre teacher did. "Blonde is a state of mind, not a hair color." :p

Bethy (who has no captions to add, sorry!)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol They were all really funny but I have to pick Paul's MIB caption as my favourite!

Clark: Okay, I've seen MIB and I've got X-ray vision. I know you're an Arquillian. You can come out of the giant robotic human suit now. Hello? You awake in there?
Okay Paul, TAG! You're it!

Oh and um...i got a little silly (somebody let me at the caffine again!) and got some L&C screen caps and put them on my little corner of the web. SO if you're ever desperate for a pic you could see if the site works.
http://www.geocities.com/jenniferjac_2000/index.htm

Courage in your own.
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooo, thanks Jenni! Glad you liked. smile (Good idea picking the less contravercial one, too... wink ).

Unfortunately, I'm tired and on dial-up, so I don't have much time to browse around. So, I'll just pick one out of the old hat. wink

Hopefully, this should work. If not, the space where it's supposed to be should be clickable. With any luck, you should be able to load it that way, and once it's in your browser cache, it should show up here, too.

[Linked Image]

Worse come to worse, you can go here and find picture 101.

Go to it, FoLCs!

Paul

Merriwether
Merriwether
Ellen: Yes, Lois, I'm very sorry. But I killed your father with these two hands.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Don't have a caption, but it's late and I'm hyper and overtired LOL so I thought I'd jump in here to try and help out. Hopefully I'm not the only one who couldn't see the photo *or* click on it (says access forbidden) .... so to save y'all the time of trying to hunt it down I thought I'd try posting it for Paul: If y'all *can* see it in Paul's post than please just ignore me LOL! wink I hope this works, and I really hope this is the right picture!

[img]http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41a59b27z5a58fede/db64/__sr_/a726.jpg?phu9_JCBOCy4.oeK[/img]

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
All I'm seeing is a red x

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I pasted it to my address field on explorer and was able to see the picture, so I'm going to post my caption.

Ellen: You know Lois, when I was chopping oranges for the punch I thought for sure I had ten when I started....

Lois: Ten oranges?

Ellen: No, ten fingers....

TEEEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
While Lois and Clark were shocked to learn of Lucy's affair with the invisible man, Ellen was only glad that at least *one* of her daughters had provided her with grandchildren to spoil.

~•~
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ellen: One eight, two eight, three eight...

Lois: Mom, I swear you don't have eleven fingers!

Ellen: No! When I count like this I have eleven. Five eight, six eight, seven eight, nine eight...

Clark: I shouldn't have brought up that trick after Ellen's emptied the punch bowl.

TEEEEEJ

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm going to be going even further AFK in the next day or two, so now is probably a good time to pick a winner. Sorry about the visibility of the pic (and about the strain on Andrea's bandwidth -- I hadn't realized that many people checked this thread).

So... winner. After careful review, I think I'm going to have to go with:

While Lois and Clark were shocked to learn of Lucy's affair with the invisible man, Ellen was only glad that at least *one* of her daughters had provided her with grandchildren to spoil.
rotflol Mary, you're up!

Paul

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
EEEEP!
I completely forgot to check this thread!
So sorry---I shall go fetch a pic right away!
Glad you liked it, Paul! laugh
*zip*

(later...)

*zip*

Okay, I'm back! smile
Try this:
[Linked Image]
BTW, thanks for the link, Paul smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
EEEEP!
*zip*

(later...)

*zip*

Okay, I'm back! smile
Try this:
[Linked Image]
If You Can\'t See The Pic, Click Here

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
EEEEP!
*zip*

(later...)

*zip*

Okay, I'm back! smile
Try this:
[Linked Image]

If you can't see the pic, try pasting this into your browser window: http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/SK/sk09.jpg

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois: What's that?
Clark: I dunno, I just sneezed and....is that C4?

Courage in your own.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and with a slight of hand that Clark doesn't even pick up, Lois hides the quarter in her armpit.

TEEEEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think some people haven't seen this post from Andrea, which explains why red boxes appear when you use a pic from the loisandclarkarchive:

I know you guys like to use cap from the L&C archive for your caption competion and I don't mind this at all, I just would like to ask that you take the specific cap you're using and upload it to your own server. I have turned off hotlinking because there was a vast amount of it and it was eating away my bandwidth, but now that it continues I get failure reports per image making me think something is wrong on the site itself, when in fact it's just the multiple times the X box is viewed on the specific message on this site.

I just wanted to let people know why they are seeing X's when they try to link from photos on the site.

Andrea
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois: See?It really glows in the dark.

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Clark: Okay if we read this GPS correctly, then the Planet Building should be north-west of here!
Lois: Oh give me that! You're reading it wrong it's south-east of here!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Well, it's been a couple days since the last caption, so I'm going to go with...

TEEJ! clap

You're up, TJ smile

~•~
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh boy, I hope you guys like this one
[Linked Image]

Heehee!

TEEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark: Lois, I bet you don't guess which animal I'm miming...

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
ROTFL!!! goofy )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark fights to avoid swearing at that mean, nasty Nor man...erm...Kryptonian...
"F...F...F-F-FAR OUT!"

----------------

Clark: "Lois, do I have something in my teeth?"

-----------------

Clark was about to swallow a BIG mouthful of water but then he saw what Lois was wearing as a concubine and "PFFT!" water goes everywhere!

Courage in your own.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
--
Clark: Boo! I'm the Nessie!!
--

See ya,
AnnaBtG. laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Clark: So Lois how's my impression of Bugs Bunny?
Lois (sarcastically): If I were Elmer Fudd I wouldn't bother telling you it was wabbit season I'd have the gun at your head right not.

Helen Keller
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Clark: ...just watch....

Lois: Cla-ark!

Clark: I'm serious, just watch!

Lois: Oh for the lo... Look, it's never going to happen. You can't make steam come out of your ears. Move on.

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DAVID!!!! YER UP!!!

TEEEEEEEEJ

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Try this one out for size
[Linked Image]

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
"Wow."
"Lois, why are you staring at the wall?"
"With these Ultra-woman powers, I can eavesdrop on Perry so much more circumspectly!"

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Lois: Why won't that robot stop?
Clark: That's no robot that's Jimmy taking some proof sheets to Perry here let me help you stop the robot.

Helen Keller
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lois and Clark's reaction to the news that they are brother and sister.

TEEEEEEEJ

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I'm not sure about the rules on tips-back, but go for it TEEEJ smile

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

All Eeyore caps welcome.

TEEEEEEJ

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
"Sir Kal-El, the great wizard Merlin has sent us on a quest to thy time. Prithee, wilt thou join us at the Round Table of Camelot?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
~in the background, revisiting a well known tune, someone sings: "We don't need other heeeeeeeeeeroes"~

Man on the left : "What is this? Middle-Age meets Sci-Fi ? If I ever lay my hands on this costumer guy..."

Kal-El (OS) : "... you advise me at once! I'd like a word with him, too!"

Carole smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
And now modelling the latest styles in New Kryptonian winter wear, guaranteed to keep you warm no matter how barren your planet is...

Courage in your own.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
--
Kryptonian #1: Are you sure that's how people on Earth dress like?
Kryptonian #2: Absolutely. They dressed like this in 1600, and now it's 1996! Do you think fashion changes in that small a time period?
Kryptonian #1: Certainly not. You're right.
--

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
K(speaking): I'm too sexy for my toga

Back up: too sexy for his toga

K: I'm too sexy for my toga

Back up: too sexy for his toga

K: So sexy it hurts.

- Aurora, Foo Fighters
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"My Lord Kal-El, we are the Kryptonians who say Ni! We come with a message. In order to defeat Lord Nor, you must say the word!"

"What word?"

"The one word that no one from New Krypton can bear to hear!"

"That's it? I just have to say this word and I win?"

"Argh! You said the word!"

"I did? What is it?"

"Argh! You said the word again!"

"What? When did I say it?"

"Argh! Stop saying that word!"

"Okay, but you still haven't told me what it is. How am I supposed to stop saying it if I don't know what it is?"

"Argh! Stop saying it! Oh no! I said it! Oh no! I said it again! Oh no! Help me!"

<Clark shakes head and sighs.> "I hate New Krypton."

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol lol
David, Paul, you guys are so funny!

Courage in your own.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gotta pick Paul this time, he got me right in my Holy Grail gland.

YER UP PAUL!!!!

TEEEEJ

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard