Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#176657 08/13/04 04:28 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi guys wave

I was just wondering what happened to Tracy Scoggins and Michael Landes? Why didn´t they come for the Second Season? I ´ve always wanted to know...

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#176658 08/13/04 07:47 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Hey Erica,

I'm not sure about Tracey Scoggins, I guess she just wasn't an important character, but you'd have to ask someone esle if there was another reason. It's too bad, I thought Cat was a fun character.

As for Michael Landes, I heard they thought he looked too similar to Dean, so they found someone else. While I miss the "Smooth, CK", I really have to say I like Justin Whalin better. laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#176659 08/13/04 09:32 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
The little I heard about Tracy Scoggins was that she had other acting commitments.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#176660 08/13/04 10:05 AM
Columnist
Columnist
This is a great discussion, but it really belongs in the Lois and Clark section so I've moved it here and out of Fanfic Related.

I heard the same thing about Michael Landes, but I've never heard anything about why Tracey Scoggins never came back. I wasn't really a big fan of the character, but I think they should have kept at least one other woman character on the show, whether it was her or Lucy Lane.

~Anna
Fanfic Related, Section Moderator

#176661 08/13/04 10:44 AM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Good move Anna. Anyway, I agree, they should have at least kept Lucy...or another female lead.

Sara (still cracking up at that banana, Anna lol )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#176662 08/13/04 05:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Tracy Scoggins:
http://www.tracyscoggins.com/

Lois and Clark 1993-1994
Jake Lassiter: Justice on the Bayou (1995) (TV)
Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years (1995) TV
Dallas: J.R. Returns (1996) (TV)
Dallas: War of the Ewings (1998) (TV)
Babylin 5 (1998-1999) as Capt. Elizabeth Lochley She did a great job totally diferent character.)
etc...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001712/

Michael Landes:
Lois and Clark 1993-1994
No Greater Love (1996) (TV)
Rescuers:Stories of Courage:Two Women(1997)(TV)
Union Square (1997)
Getting Personal (1998)
etc...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0484680/

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#176663 08/13/04 07:41 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
The reasons for these guys' departure has been covered before. I will try and find the link for you.

I heard that the character of Cat was considered to racy and the first Jimmy was said to look to much like Clark. Dark hair and so on. They also wanted more of a heart throb.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#176664 08/13/04 08:22 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Zoom - why did Cat leave the show?
Like, dislike Cat
Tracy\'s contact expired

Interview

A tid bit from that site:
CRAIG: How about any of the old characters, like Dan Scardino and Cat Grant, will they be returning?

BRAD: I don't think you're gonna see Cat again, and these were decisions that were made before I got here, it just was not something they felt worked out real well for the show. And then Scardino was only useful really as sort of a triangle, to get them closer and closer together, now we are are able to do less and less of that.
A red boot tid bit.

Someone\'s opinion.

Here's a quote from that site:

The story doesn't drag and the characters are new and exciting. Except for Catherine (Cat) Grant who isn't there for any reason really - she left at the beginning of season two.
Another interview.
Just as a side note... I think that would have been nice:

CRAIG: OK, we know you didn't write this one, but we've heard different stories: Why didn't Lucy Lane or Cat Grant show up for either of Lois & Clark's weddings? Couldn't "Mike" have brought them in?

GRANT: I have no idea why Lucy or Cat didn't show up at the wedding. Probably because they weren't really necessary to make the episode work. Sometimes these decisions are based upon availability, and often on fiscal considerations.
I've never seen that picture of Tracy before:
Marv Wolfman

I'm too tired to dig more. I still didn't find the board I wanted that had some very good answers or theories put out in a great way. I think it doesn't exist anymore. Oh well.

#176665 08/14/04 02:01 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
(still cracking up at that banana, Anna )
I think it's cute.

#176666 08/15/04 02:00 PM
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
Wow, is it me or is Michael Landes getting better looking with age? He does look a lot like Dean Cain now, but I didn't think he did when he was younger.

I did like Justin Whalin better as Jimmy, though. He's the Jimmy I think of when I write fan fiction.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
#176667 08/15/04 04:56 PM
Blogger
Blogger
hey, i totally agree about justin whalin being the better jimmy. i never thought michael really fit the part, tough i did like him in Fly Hard. I thought he did great with that part. As for Lucy, here's a question: which actress did you guys like better as her? Elizabeth Barondes, or the one who played in Metallo? i like the Metallo one better, she seemed cuter and more of what i thought her sis would be like.

"I have loved you from the beginning...
And I will love you till the end...
In my heart I am your husband...
And I am your wife...
Always" -Big Girls Don't Fly
#176668 08/17/04 09:59 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Tracy Scoggins was not in this episode as Cat Grant; however, she was written in to the original script. The original script had "Cat" reunited with her ex-husband. They fall in love again, and Cat leaves town. Apparently Scoggins didn't feel like staying for two more episodes (her last was #19 "Fly Hard"), or else she had other commitments, and many of Cat's lines were written out and/or given to other characters.
kryptonsite.com

#176669 08/17/04 12:53 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I think if you remember back to "Flyhard", there was a scene where Cat, and her current date of the moment, pass through and wave at the gang of captives.

Lois makes a comment that was something along the lines of 'If I live through this evening, she won't'.

Apparently, our fiesty reporter made good on her threat because Cat was never seen again.

Tank (who wonders why anyone would care who played Jimmy Olsen since the character was a complete waste of space anyway wink )

#176670 09/10/04 07:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I thought I'd heard that Cat was removed because of the time Lois and Clark was being televised. It was moved to an earlier time slot or a different day or something, and children were watching (me, included--I was fourteen at the start of the second season), and they felt that Cat (and what she implied) was too adult for the time slot.

We know that many adult-themed shows cannot be shown until after 9pm or something like that, with the assumption that after that hour, most watchers will be adults--and if parents are such screw-ups that they let their young children watch tv at 10pm or so, their kids are probably messed up anyway and tv can't be responsible any more.

#176671 09/10/04 12:44 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
L&C was always on at 8pm in the US (7pm central and mountain) on Sunday nights, until it moved an hour earlier in 1996 and then to Saturday nights at 8 in 1997. I miss having a Sunday night show to look forward to. whinging

I was also about your age when the show started, and I never thought Cat was too racy, still don't... okay maybe once or twice she was, but the references flew right over my head at that age anyway. dance

I remember when the show came back in 1994 with all the changes, I was so upset. I loved Cat, and I loved Jack... and the Jimmy replacement thing threw me for a loop, but I learned to like Justin.

Molly

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard