Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#175974 01/21/04 01:39 PM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OK, I'm asking this question for a project I have in mind, but please note that I have no time table set at all and this may be one of those projects that goes on and on forever. I kind of like to have a couple of things brewing at the same time, so when one or the other of my muses kicks into high gear, she has a place to go.

That being said...

Can you all please send to me some of your favorite "Clark sure is a cutie" moments - either posted here (for fun discussion) or via e-mail? I need to know episode name and what he was wearing or doing so I know where within the episode. Feel free to elaborate on why you like this moment - not that I need this info for the project but because it is just fun to gush about how cute Clark is.

So for example, I might answer this question like this:

I love the Clark moment in Don't Tug on Superman's Cape when he's dressed like James Bond.

These need to be fairly short, "image" moments rather than sweet, Clark-is-such-a-great-guy moments. Like, I just love the entire scene in Ordinary People when Clark and Lois are laying on the beach in front of the fire and they talk about their feelings for each other...yeah, really love this but waaaaay too long.

Thanks for any input.
Lynn

Oh - and PS - no Superman moments. Just Clark. Sorry to those of you who prefer the spandex. This is a Clark thing.

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#175975 01/22/04 01:18 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Since you mentioned Don't Tug on Superman's Cape, I adore the look on Clark's face (and yes I know he's dressed as Superman, but I've always felt it was Clark talking to Lois-- during the scene when they're in those rigged cages) when he tells her he doesn't even own a car.

But for some real Clark moments... I like the scene in Meet John Doe where he's looking at Lois sleeping after he's had the nightmare.

Another one that keeps popping into my head(and I don't know why)is Clark all sweaty waking up from a dream in Never on Sunday(I think). Sweaty Clark! Yeah, that's good! smile1

I've always liked the moment in DLW when Clark's sitting at a desk at the Planet, just after he tells Perry they're going to kill his wife. Clark did angst so well.

Guess I'll stop now. I could name a favorite Clark moment from just about every episode. Do you want that many? goofy

Next!

SQD

#175976 01/22/04 01:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Is it okay to nominate the whole of S3 and S4? wink

Okay, one which just popped into my head (because I watched the ep recently) is the Irish Eyes ep, when they're playing darts in the pub. Clark hears a call for help, but just before he dashes off, he throws his last dart at the board without even aiming or looking at the board. The dart goes right through the middle of Patrick's dart in the centre of the board. Everyone is suitably stunned, but Clark just says nonchalantly, "This was fun," with a big grin. I love the moment because a) of the whole "I'm jealous of Patrick but I'm not going to show it, except I'm going to beat him at darts whatever it takes, including using my powers" thing, and b) he looks darned good, and c) there's a nice edge of aggression behind that beaming smile.

Yvonne
(who'll probably be back with more when she's got time.)

#175977 01/22/04 05:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I adore the way Clark looks after Lois has turned him down in BatP - that whole 'I'm so devastated and desperately hurt and humiliated but trying not to show it' expression just makes me want to hug him. smile

Then there's the moment in TOGOM when Clark walks out of the darkness towards Lois, not saying a word, just walking towards her, waiting for her to see him. That was another huge 'AWWWW!!!!' moment for me. Loved it! thumbsup

Lots of hug moments from S1 and S2 I love - the kitchen floor hug in Witness, as well as the hug later in that ep when Lois comes round to Clark's apartment, terrified, and he saves her pride by telling her that he'd feel a lot better if she stayed at his place that nice. WTG Clark! clap And another favourite hug moment is in The Prankster, also when Lois arrives at his place scared out of her wits by Kyle Griffin - and a little later in that ep when she's fallen asleep in his arms and you can see how much he's enjoying holding her, even if she is asleep. sloppy

I'm intrigued by this project, Lynn - I hope you'll tell us soon what it's about!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#175978 01/22/04 05:22 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
How about......

AKA Superman - when Clark says "You should see her with silverware..." drool I think he may have said it in one of those Dieter ( razz ) eps?

I'll have to think a little more, I'm sure this thread will pick out so many more goodies I can't wait to read them.

~Liz

edited:
OK 2 of my favorites, I HAD to add

In IR the whole 7:00, 7:01 scene at the end..ohhhhh yum!

COTOC - the end when they're kissing and he's all embarrassed.. blush

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#175979 01/22/04 05:22 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry to those of you who prefer the spandex. This is a Clark thing.
Funny thing, I *don't* prefer the spandex, and yet the first 2 images that popped into my mind were both Superman (when he kisses Lois' hand at the end of Never on Sunday and when Lois gives him the white rose after the Kerth awards).

OK, I haven't actually seen an episode in I-don't-know-how-long, but these are the "image moments" involving Clark that come to mind:

- the one you mention - dressed as James Bond

- in the pilot, when Lois says he's a strange one and he just looks at her and says, "Am I?"

- at their first wedding, the look on his face when she puts the ring on his finger

- same scene, a few seconds later, when Clark kisses Lois after being pronounced husband & wife

- aaaargh! I have an image in my mind of Clark smiling and winking. It's a close up of just his face, and he is absolutely adorable! - It's season 3 or 4, probably 4, and he's winking at Lois. I can't place it! Somebody help me!

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind.

- Vicki

edited to add: I just thought of another one. The episode is where Superman was caught on camera kissing Lois. I recall when I watched the scene where Clark announces to his parents and Lois his decision to tell the world he is Superman, he walks down the stairs and takes his glasses off (right before they cut for the commercial break) it was a definate take-your-breath-away image moment.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#175980 01/22/04 07:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh, nice idea for a thread, whether anything ever results from it or not smile1

My favorite would be one where Lois has changed topics and Clark is totally bewildered... Its in DTOSC, right after Lois has her James Bond "nightmare" and she says something... but I can't remember what she might have said.

Okay, I went looking on Christiane's site... here it is:

[Linked Image]

Isn't he adorable? goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#175981 01/22/04 09:20 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't have any favorite 'Clark is cute' moments, but I do have a comment:

Lynn wrote:
I kind of like to have a couple of things brewing at the same time, so when one or the other of my muses kicks into high gear, she has a place to go.
You have more than one muse? So you're the one who's been hogging the muses. Can I borrow one? Or two? Pretty please?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#175982 01/22/04 07:22 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I have quite a few too, I definitely agree on every shirtless moment (mmm yummy! ok girl get your head out of the gutter!)

I liked the tender look he gave Lois when he made the attempt to win her back in WIEAK and he touches her faces telling her he missed her.

Another favourite moment of mine would be in OP when he and Lois were holding each other and he was telling her how he felt.

My last one would be the way he looked at her in JSN in that cabin and he was sleep floating.

That's all for now there are more though I can't think of them.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#175983 01/23/04 01:07 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, I don't know my episodes by name. But I think it's Tempus Anyone, and maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

He's been called to see that Tempus gets back into the time window without incident, and he's been having these nightmares about being separated from Lois. They are on the sofa and there is this moment when he knows he's going to go, and yet he's afraid. And he leans in and whispers "I love you, Lois." And it's a bit more than your standard goodbye.

Is that helpful?

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#175984 01/23/04 01:12 AM
Columnist
Columnist
CC, that's Meet John Doe when Andrius (sp?) comes to ask him help send Tempus back to Utopia to be prosecuted for his crimes. Excellent moment! And great episode. That and Lois and Clarks are two of my absolute favorites. smile1

#175985 01/23/04 01:26 AM
Columnist
Columnist
You mean these, CC?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Told you I love this ep!

#175986 01/23/04 01:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, that's it, SQD!

Talk about efficient, and now I know who to come to with my questions!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#175987 01/23/04 01:49 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Vicki, since you mentioned the scene with Clark winking, it's been about to drive me nuts trying to place it. So far I'm drawing a blank though. But I did find this one...

[Linked Image]

It's from Sex, Lies, and Videotapes.

No one's mentioned this one either.

[Linked Image]

Also from SLV, at the end when Lois tells Clark he missed with his heat vision and he tells her, "No I didn't."

As for the wink, the only scene I can think of is in I've Got You Under My Skin when Clark is dressed in the black leather pants and black tee. He winks at the girl that supposed to be his daughter after the soul transfer thing. Unfortunately Christaine doesn't have images of that. I'll keep looking though.

#175988 01/23/04 02:54 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh, oooh, oooh, I think I've got it!! smile1

I'm not sure, but I think perhaps the scene I'm thinking of is when they're playing strip poker at the beginning of the "Superman's Powers Go Crazy" episode. Could that be it? Does anyone remember?

- Vicki

PS - SQD, I'm glad you added the end of SLV. I love the look on Clark's face when he says, "No, I didn't."

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#175989 01/23/04 10:53 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I knew there was another episode with a wink in it! help help

SQD (who doesn't know whether to hug Vicki or strangle her for putting me a situation like this!!!! dizzy -- seriously, Vicki, thanks for remembering the ep. It was about to drive me crazy! cat )

#175990 01/23/04 11:12 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, since everyone's posting screencaps of their favourite moments, here are mine:

From Witness:

First, the kitchen floor embrace, just after he's saved her life -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And later, when she arrives, terrified, at his apartment:

[Linked Image]

And this is cute - he's trying to persuade her to be careful:

[Linked Image]

Okay, back in another post with BatP and The Source.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#175991 01/23/04 11:33 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't seem to find that picture either but there are a bunch of other moments that come to mind.

How about the end of seasons greedings. I just love that whole scene. He just looks at her and you can't help but say aw and let out a sigh.
[Linked Image]

Actually that same ep but earlier when he says lois is in trouble or his laugh after the burns lois's heal of her shoe.

[Linked Image]
It's just great and cute that way he acts like a kid!

I agree anything where clark has his shirt off.

also in Ultra woman when he is on the bench his hangs tied behind his back becuase he had just escaped and he says "I could really use some HELP getting out of this." and he is surprised that is actually works.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ok thats it for now im sure i think of more!

Edit: One of the pictures didn't work, so I fixed that. Saskia

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
#175992 01/23/04 11:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This time from Barbarians at the Planet:

Here's Clark telling Lois that he loves her, and reacting to her rejection -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Have to add this example of Growly Clark from House of Luthor:

[Linked Image]

Can't find the pics I wanted from The Source. So we'll have to move right along to That Old Gang Of Mine. <g>

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More shortly!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#175993 01/23/04 11:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And finally... just a few from the end of Season 2.

From Whine, Whine Whine: I love this moment when Lois comes to Clark's apartment, and he's convinced that she's telling him that he's been dumped for Dan, where what she's actually saying is that she wants him -

[Linked Image]

And where he discovers that Mazik wants Lois dead:

[Linked Image]
(Yes, it's no coincidence that I've chosen a lot of moments where you just want to hug him <g>)

Then there's the scene in And The Answer Is... where Lois confronts him after he robs the jewellery shop, and he tells her about his parents:

[Linked Image]

And then this, where he touches her cheek:

[Linked Image]

...and I'll finish with this: the final unmasking, from We Have A Lot to Talk About. smile

[Linked Image]

Can't wait to see what this project is, Lynn!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard