Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#175573 11/04/03 08:33 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Lex Luthor. You may be familiar with my past, my life to date - I, who was once the greatest and most powerful man in Metropolis, am now reduced to nothing. Forced to live in a tiny, stinking bunker underneath the Metropolitan Train Station, living on air, with only the rats for company. There, I have carved a home from myself - I have no needs save a desk, an armchair, and a laptop with Internet connections.

Forced there by a certain boy-in-blue.

You may be wondering how I, being from another universe (yes, I know about alternate universes, soul-tracking, and all of that mediocrity - no need to go into lengthy explanations) am able to access your computer data. An admirable fellow it was who made it possible - a Mr. Tempus, who most obligingly opened a 'time-window' of sorts [unfortunately this excellent man had a rather unfortunate accident soon after when he ran into a bullet - but the less said about that the better] which, though unable to take a human life force, was made a regular treat with the help of my illegitimate son, Jaxon Xavier's extensive computer programming. Though I am unable to visit your interesting universe, I nonetheless have the access to every single tidbit of information available to all of you people, and so am able to retrieve the information stored on both this website and it's apparent base - the 'archive', otherwise known as lcficmbs.com

I must say, you people have dissatisfied me. Disappointingly, you seem to share the abysmal notion that taints my world - the idea that this 'Superman', the alien, the interloper, the manipulator, the dictator, who hides behind a theatrical mask of cloying ethics and standards, is a decent, moral, high-standing, honorable, and just a 'darn nice guy.'

This theory, my friends, is ludicrous. He is nothing - nothing but a control freak in a tight Spandex suit, flying around doing good, while all the time laughing up his sleeve at the uneducated masses who worship him so blindly. Can't you see what he has been doing? He has turned the people of my world against me - me, the charity-donor, the great philanthropist, the person who has done so much good for my city, who has founded so many great institutions - schools, hospitals, shelters for the homeless, colleges for the arts - and now he is striving to do the same to you. Why, he even has you writing about what a great person he is - how noble, how charitable, how great. Is this not a case of brainwashing? Has he not manipulated your minds? Is he not in control of your lives?

The accumulated evidence of this has frightened, saddened and shocked me deeply. These so called 'fanfics' that are written solely for the advancement of his power, are woefully distorted. In almost every single one of them - and I have read quite a few, during my isolation - I am portrayed as the villain of the scene - as grasping, cruel, and evil as Hades himself - while Superman is Zeus, adored and adulated by all.

And by his side - and it wounds me deeply to say this - is his very own Hera - *my* Aphrodite, my love, my one-time fiancée - Lois Lane. You have all insulted her intelligence, cruelly mocked and taunted her, tortured her by assuming that she would be as easily influenced by this monster as the common rabble. This woman is a reporter - her job is to sniff out the news, peer beyond the façade of everyday living, peel back the smooth, untainted skin to expose the ugliness beneath - whatever makes you think that she would be blinded as easily as the common woman? Why, even now, she works diligently by my side, aiding and abetting me with my extensive research into Superman's past, providing me with nuggets of information so gleaming, so priceless, that we are this close - this close to finding the one thing, the one chink in his armor that can bring him down forever.

Those of you who are familiar with this person undoubtedly know what I mean. Kryptonite. It has been found - it can be found again. Lois works tirelessly by my side, forgoing any other human contact down here in my lonely lair, never moving from the place I sat her in when I brought her here - never stirring from her chair, and amusing me with her witty comments. She is my water, my light, my energy - she keeps me going - she is the reason why I am able to carry on in the search for the one material that will bring about the demise of this fiend.

But I fear, for you people at least, that it is already too late. In fact, there is but two people I can see whom the alien has apparently not affected - a Mr. Wilson, and a woman known only as Elena. I have read your excellent 'Lex Wins', Mr. Wilson, and I must say that it came as a breath of fresh air after the stinking, syrupy stories that have been written by more than a few. Unfortunately, two others - Ms. Richards and a 'Kaethel' - beat you down, but you have fought bravely, and I am well pleased. With my beloved's help and some time, I will perhaps eventually endeavor to modify the time window - once this has been altered enough to allow transference of the body to another dimension, perhaps you and the excellent Elena would venture on a visit? I see a starry future for us - perhaps even a brand new Nigel, Mr. Wilson. I regret to say that nobody will ever replace Mrs. Cox in my eyes, but I'm sure Elena would do her best.

With my beloved by my side, I have the small, struggling, yet ever-present hope that someday, somehow, I will succeed in the adaptation of the time window, the acquirement of Kryptonite, and, probably the most important factor, the very reason why I have made my existence known to you - the contemporaneous opening of the eyes of the general public to the pure evil that exists in Superman's soul. I suspect Lois has already begun to see the light - she's not ranting about him half so much these days. I expect it has to do with the fact that she has been so busy, so consumed by her work with me that she hasn't seen the sun for quite some time.

When all of this has been achieved, there will be a brighter day for all of us - a day when Superman is shunned universally from our world, a day when I may make my re-appearance as Lex Luthor, great humanitarian, richest man in Metropolis, and friend to the little people.

I hope and pray that this day will advance upon us speedily.

~Lex.

Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.
#175574 11/04/03 09:34 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
An admirable fellow it was who made it possible - a Mr. Tempus, who most obligingly opened a 'time-window' of sorts [unfortunately this excellent man had a rather unfortunate accident soon after when he ran into a bullet - but the less said about that the better]
Is there no end to this misery????? wave

the excellent Elena
Awww!! blush

It's good to see you here! party

Mrs Tempus - AKA Elena "The Excellent" laugh

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
#175575 11/04/03 12:15 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Dear Mr. Lex,

Right now I don't have the time to write a long reply, commenting in every single thing that you wrote. I'll just tell you a few things from my point of view.

Personally, I've admired you for your intelligence several times. However, I think you're using it the wrong way. Therefore, I am reluctant to take in your post seriously and actually believe that you are such a nice, generous etc. man, or that Lois is helping you bring Superman down. We have tapes that prove your nature as well as his, and what we've seen is seriously different than what you suggest.
In my opinion, the only possibility that what you wrote applies is that you live in another alt-universe. Although I'd still have trouble believing that you're telling the truth.

I would like to see more of you. I think everyone would like to ask you some questions, and, if you want to prove that *you* are the darn nice guy of this story, you'll have to answer them.

Looking forward to hearing (well... reading) from you,
Anna Botsakou aka AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#175576 11/04/03 01:15 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I find it ironic that Lex Luthor, the 'smartest man in the world', can't spell "illusions" smile

Nqoire (grinning as she scurries back to her story)

Imagine.
#175577 11/04/03 02:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
mr luthor, normally i'd take the time to welcome a new member, but, under the circumstances, i hope you'll excuse me if i'm not quite as warm with you. still, i hope the time you spend with us has a positive effect on your life.

i can't imagine it would be very fun stuck alone in a bunker with such a poor food supply. but then, you're not really that alone, are you? i mean, despite the fact that you initially stated that you have only the rats for company and no contact with the outside world other than your computer, you've also claimed to be working with lois lane.

given the circumstances of your life these past few years, the conflicting information in your own description, and the fact that the lois lane we know would never help you to harm superman, i can only conclude that, starved for human companionship, you have begun to hallucinate. it certainly doesn't seem that you have the facilities to make another clone. it's a shame to see a man of such great potential brought so low, but i suppose it's only fitting, given what you did with that potential.

i'm assuming that you lack of human contact also explains the spelling and grammar errors in your post. after a while with only the rats for company, little things like the difference between "it's" and "its" must seem rather trivial. ah, and the finer points of civilization used to be so important to you. well, at least lois isn't editing your copy.

as for your mythological analogies, i fear i must take exception to your comparison of zeus and superman. zeus was a lecher, often known to be casually unfaithful to his spouse. he was the head of an empire established through conquest, and he used his power primarily to suit his own whims. he seduced women whenever he felt like it, then left them and their children to fend for themselves. on those occasions when his advances were rebuffed, rather than accepting the lady's will, he became angry and resorted to violence and trickery.

ultimately, however, zeus's empire came to nothing. his people were conquered, his stories subsumed into a new culture under a different name, and, in time, the conquerers, too, became a part of ancient history. today, zues is not worshiped, but rather considered a quaint old legend, a character to consider when idly discussing culture or philosophy or to be inserted in some piece of entertainment, usually as a background character in some movie or tv show about hercules.

on the whole, i do believe you make a better zeus than superman ever will.

as for your other analogies, hera was known mainly for being upset about her husband's frequent tyrsts and aprhodite was known not for brains but fickleness, vanity, and a love afair carried on behind her poor husband's crippled back. neither seems to be a good fit for the lois we know, and niether one seems particularly flattering, either. still, if you have taken some spinal injury from the collapse of that train station, it's something to think about.

i think, if you're looking for a mythological analogy for superman, you'd be better off looking north. thor, not a ruler, but a warrior. one of incredible strength and skill, who faught alongside mortals to help them. someone who, even when faced with impossible odds, still chose to keep trying, because it was the right thing to do. someone who wasn't a leader by choice, but who sometimes found himself with people behind him, willing to follow, because they trusted and respected him. of course, there is the little matter of ragnarok and destiny. happily, though, superman has a better destiny than thor.

all that aside, i have some questions for you, mr luthor. first of all, just what are you doing here? have you come simply to gloat that you almost have something that may, if you can somehow get it (or superman) in the right place at the right time, hurt superman? seems a tad premature. almost doesn't count except in horeshoes and hand grenades, and it certainly doesn't count when you're talking about lois lane or superman. you've had superman trapped in a kryptonite cage, but, even so, he escaped and recovered while you tried to kill yourself and, it seems, failed even at that. oh yes, let's not forget the fact that, in the middle of all that, your fiancee rejected you at the altar.

so, really... what are you doing here? you don't seem to be in a position to gloat, and it doesn't seem like you're looking for anything else. have you been stuck down there so long, so desperate for a non-imaginary friend, that you're turning to a community of people, who, with one or two notable exceptions, actively dislike you (to put it mildly)? if so, i pity you.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#175578 11/04/03 03:14 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
My dear Mr. Luthor,

While I cannot comment so eloquently as you or some of our other residents here, I do have some questions and concerns. I am curious as how you expect to find the Kryptonite in your dimension? It does not truly exist in ours since, as you may have noticed, Superman is a fictional character in our world. Several of our gifted writers have speculations on where to find it (as you can probably tell from the archive), but it most likely would not be the same in your world. I am also concerned about Lois. You mention that she is helping you bring down the Superman of your world, but it sounds like she has been sitting in the chair for far too long. Perhaps you should persuade her to get up and walk around your domicile for awhile, if only for exercise? All that sitting cannot be good for a person!

That aside, I do hope that you get everything that you deserve. And welcome to our humble home.

The ever curious,
Karen

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#175579 11/05/03 08:06 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I continue to be troubled and shocked at the sheer en bloc effect that the alien has had on your lives. Mine is a difficult task - to proclaim my innocence, even in the face of adversary, to continue to shout as the lone voice in the crowd, proclaiming the degeneracy of this so-called 'superhero', to sit here at my faithful laptop, growing more and more distressed at the condition of His dedicated zealots, fighting for a lost cause... sad, my friends. It is sad.

The one bright spark in this wild wilderness of people crying out to be helped is you, Elena. I continued to be gladdened by your relentless resistance of His influence - hope. It gives me hope. Also, I do hope that my mention of your husband's late counterpart did not distress you overmuch - rest assured that if he had possessed a wife, especially as one as venerable and inspiring as you, I would know about it - so there is no chance we're talking about the same man.

Anna, your post alarms me. Yet another example of His working - you admit that I, the innocent in all of this, am portrayed as a not nice, ungenerous etc. man. You admit that you are reluctant to take me seriously and question the integrity of my Ms. Lane. Especially, I find the 'tapes' you mention disquieting - I am sure that you are familiar with the practice of subliminal messages, and the sort of destruction they can cause. I can only hope that Superman has not gone as far as actually attempting to brainwash the general public... though from your post, I fear that this has already come to pass.

Nqoire, I don't think you appreciate just how harrowing a situation I am in. Lack of masculine contact, lack of sun, and a constant state of hopeless despair take their toll, you know. Geniuses like I cannot be held to the petty trivialities you people seem to value. I have a greater cause in life - one that is not affected by how I spell Ilusions. Illusions. Whatever.

Paul, your attitude saddens me deeply. I feel so sorry for all of you - blinded by Superman's false, artificial light as you are, you have not been allow to grow a separate identity, and flourish in the normal way. How frustrating it must be for all of you.

Consequently, it is my sad duty to inform you that the reference to Superman as the 'Zeus' of this world. Zeus was a lecher - an unfaithful, domineering, callous dictator, who killed his own father for no reason other than jealousy and ambition. This, I repeat, is a true and just parallel to the 'superhero' who has taken over your lives so rapidly. Like Zeus, Superman uses his power primarily to suit his own urges - selectivity about just who he can 'snatch from the jaws of death' being one. I am a prime example of that - like Prometheus, who Zeus cast from Olympus because of his favouritism towards humans (in this case, Prometheus had given us the gift of Fire, which Zeus had forbidden him to do) I, with my kindness towards mortals, with my building of homeless shelters, hospitals and schools, seem to have inspired a fiend more powerful than Superman - the green-eyed monster. As I plummeted to the ground, forced to jump rather than subjecting myself to a life filled with people getting the wrong impression of me by the evil Inspector Henderson, Superman simply chose not to save me.

If this does not prove his hidden motives, I do not know what will.

Furthermore, your point about Zeus' empire is politically correct - this, I hope, will come to pass in a few months, when I succeed in my relentless task, and Superman will become a thing of the past, a 'quaint old legend' a 'character to consider when idly discussing culture or philosophy' - when you people have finally accepted the fact that you have been tricked, fooled, conned, blinkered into thinking Superman is above reprimand.

Your point about the collapse of 'that train station' is both upsetting and incorrect. There has not been a catastrophe of that kind in living memory - nor is there any chance of that happening. Modern architecture being what it is, the probabilities are nil.

Unhappily, I must point out that your portrayal of Thor, though technically correct, is aimed at the wrong person. Yet another evidential of Superman's complete and utter indoctrination of the minds of the general assembly, you draw entirely the wrong parallels. A far better demonstrator of Thor's innate courage and strength, the thing that led him to fight in the face of incredible opposition, because it was the right thing to do, is - well - me. I couldn't have put it better myself, Paul - it is the exact thing I am striving to do, the exact wording I needed to explain the purpose of this 'thread'.

In response to your questions:

What am I doing here? I have come as the sole upholder of all that is good and true, the only person who can see past the mask, the façade that Superman has erected, the only one who can hope of seeing his demise. I seek not money, nor praise, nor worship - all I ask for is respect, and to be taken seriously. I realize that this is asking quite a bit - with co-operation, I'm sure I will win through, and you will end up thanking me for saving not only your lives, but the lives of your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

Your point about a 'Kryptonite cage' is nonsensical - a darn good idea, but nonsensical nonetheless. There is not a shred of proof to back this up - in fact, at the time you allege this happened, I was on my way to marry my love, Lois Lane. You have no evidence, no corroboration - in short, you have nothing but lies - lies and innuendo. Kindly desist of doing this again; it is vaguely upsetting and will corrupt even further the minds of the readers.

As for me trying to 'kill myself' - I refer back to an earlier point. Forced to the breaking point by the fiendish Inspector Henderson, framed, set up, blamed of the most heinous crimes against humanity that I can think of, and all for nothing. Goaded to the point when my only option was to attempt to take my own life, Superman decided not to save me, and if it weren't for a faithful scientist of mine, I would still be dead today.

As for my fiancée 'rejecting me at the altar' - she, no less than everybody else, has been influenced by the alien. Considerably better now, she is slowly but surely coming around to my way of thinking, but back in those days, I was not aware of how much of her was brainwashed by him. She is significantly more sensible now, and, were she given the choice, I am sure that she would not let her attention be wavered again.

As for your last statement, Paul, I continue to be amazed at the level of hatred bred into you by Him. I have not asked for pity, I have not asked for friends, and I have not asked to be liked. Did people like Christopher Columbus when he first started out on his 'journey to the New World'? No, they did not - of course, this was the time when everybody knew that the world was flat. He was branded a lunatic, and only with a lot of encouragement did he gain the financial backing - not from his native Portuguese, but from the Spaniards - on the strength of which he was able to build his ships and hire his sailors.

I strongly doubt you will meet anybody today who doubts the sanity of Christopher Columbus.

Thank you for your welcome, Karen. I have at my disposal several teams of staunch followers, who have stuck by me loyally, and who are at this moment recovering every piece of information about the 'rock' that was found on a farm in Smallville, Kansas, both by a Mr. Wayne Irig and a Mr. Gene Newtrich. I have every confidence that in time, steps can be taken to discover more of the rock - when I find it, I will use it, and the world will become the happy place it once was.

And your statement that 'Superman' is a fictional character - is he? Is he really? I strongly doubt it. After all, you people seem to have at your fingertips a minefield of knowledge about him, his life and the lives of the people connected to him. How, so, can you claim that he is fictional? Somebody had to make those 'tapes' that Anna spoke of earlier - furthermore, from references made in some people's ranting essays about the so-called Man of Steel, I can gather that not only his spiritual, but also his physical appearance is well known. You say he has dark hair, a muscular physique, and 'chocolate eyes'. This matches perfectly with the Superman of my world. How, then, can you claim his non-existance?

As for your point about my beloved - well, this bunker is quite large, and dangerous besides, what with the electrical surges that can happen when a particularly large train rattles by overhead. Certain... restraints have to be made so that she doesn't wander off and hurt herself. If she would simply stay in the one place, I could of course allow her bonds to be broken - but she has curled her lip at this option more times that I care to mention, and so I must take steps to keep her safe.

The world out there looks a bleak one. I am counting on a few other people like Elena to pop up out of the woodwork and restore my faith in humanity - I am especially looking forward to hearing from you, Mr. Wilson.

~Lex.

#175580 11/05/03 08:46 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Oh dear, I think I've discovered his "bunker." It's a lovely padded white room smile

Imagine.
#175581 11/05/03 09:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I think it's time I speak up. As some of you probably have noticed, I'm slowly converting to the other side. Which means your side, Lex. You don't mind me calling you Lex, I hope.

And I know there are more fans of you around. So you're not alone at all! With some luck they'll show up here too.

For now, I'm on your side. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#175582 11/05/03 09:30 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL, Nqoire! That would explain the "electrical surges," wouldn't it! laugh

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#175583 11/05/03 09:58 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ah, Lex, I never claimed that Superman did not exist at all, just that he does not in our world. I believe that, perhaps by some time traveller or dimension hopper (not that far out of the realm of possibility, as your posts here prove), has leaked information about him, along with you and Ms. Lane, from another dimension. Perhaps not your own, which is why I suggested that our information would not match up with yours. I do wish, however, that he or someone like him did exist in our world, as we have been in sore need for a superhero for some time now. But that is neither here nor there.

I understand that your underground bunker is not the best place to be wandering around, but I do beg that you insist that your *ahem* beloved get some much needed exercise. Sitting for long periods of time (days and weeks, it sounds like) is not good for anyone. I am no doctor (an expired EMT license does not a doctorate make), but I do understand that periods of inactivity can lead to atrophy, sores, and the like. For her own health, at least, please.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#175584 11/05/03 10:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Dear Lex,

I have nothing against you - well, nothing very important anyway. You're fun to have around, and a great way to make Lois be interested in Clark, so I sort like you because of that.

However, I must express my concern at something you said. You claim to be holding your "beloved" prisoner in your bunker. Fine. You say she's tied because otherwise she'd wander off and electrocute herself with your security system. Fair enough.

But then comes what truly worries me: you want to hire Tank to replace Nigel. I'm not denying Tank's qualities, but I have to ask: does that mean that Lois isn't safe from a haircut?!? eek

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#175585 11/05/03 11:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
i begin to see. you're not zeus. you're loki, and a poor befuddled one at that.

you object to being painted as unlikable, then claim that i hold a deep-seated hatred of you, and, in your next sentence (presumably in a response to my message), reject any offers of pity or friendship.

you don't want to be liked, but you don't want to be thought of as unlikable. you think i hate you, but you think i'm offering friendship in the name of pity.

i have no idea what you mean about superman killing his father, but, as you clearly live in a different world, it is perhaps best to avoid debating that issue.

your own... creative view of the events we witnessed in a broadcast taken from your dimension (or a close parallel) is, i must admit, entertaining. i wonder how much of it you believe.

as for your companion, i must throw my voice in with karen's. if you love someone, set her free. surely, if you can walk around safely, then so can she. unless you doubt her basic intelligence, which would not be very flattering to your lady love.

in any case, i would suggest you get in contact with a woman by the name of dr friskin. you're clearly in a stressful situation, and, like anyone who has experienced so much trauma, i'm sure you could benefit from a kind and impartial ear.

in the meantime, i'm sure superman is out and about, looking for you and lois. it's only a matter of time before help arrives and you no longer have to be trapped in that lonely hole. so, try to think positive. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#175586 11/05/03 11:26 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Forced to live in a tiny, stinking bunker underneath the Metropolitan Train Station, living on air, with only the rats for company.
Please clarify this Mr. Luthor, does one of those rats write in her spare time?

Missy (who frantically notices that our beloved rodent writer hasn't responded to this thread and is wondering if we need to contact Stuart) help

#175587 11/07/03 05:18 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Nqoire and Rivka: I don't know exactly what your problem is with me, but I must tell you that I appreciate your boorish attitude not at all. Kindly desist from making such seditious insinuations in future. I have done nothing to warrant such abominable insults.

Saskia: Thank you! I must say that the attitude of my supporters is amazingly good-hearted! I appreciate your words of encouragement very much. And since you are such an adherent of the right cause, you may call me Lex.

Karen: I am about to divulge a secret, which may or may not be accepted by the general public. I am sure that I will get much invective, abusive maltreatment for this statement, but as it is my duty to do these things, I must bear with that when and if it comes.

I must now tell you that Superman *does* exist in your world. Just under an alias. My own 'Superman' has not got one - he goes under the same name all the time, but your own 'Superman' is a man who has been masquerading as an actor all these years - an actor who 'grew up' on the beaches of Malibu and 'retired' from his football 'career' because of an 'injury' (or because he was so strong he almost knocked the ball into orbit, inviting unwelcome questions from his fellow team-mates.) I am talking, of course, about - Dean Cain. A physical match for the Superman of my world, he fits the bill precisely. In fact, he is aware of his role, his influence in other roles - even reported to have pulled his shirt open at an awards ceremony to reveal a 'Batman' suit, in a crude imitation of what Superman must do if he ever needs to change his clothes, and quickly.

Be well pleased that this 'Dean Cain' has not yet reverted to the dastardly deeds of his counterpart, and hope and pray that I may manage to convince you people of his wickedness before he strives to 'come out'.

As regards to your statement about my darling's health - I must say that I did take your views into account, suggesting to her the other day that I take her for a little walk to ease the cramping in her legs. At this, I got some frightfully witty remark about being kept on a leash, and rather than to make light of her situation, I have decided to desist. At least for now.

Rest assured that she has never been healthier - the air down here is doing her a world of good, her hair is sleek and her eyes are gla...glossy. She has never looked better.

Kaethel: I am delighted to see that the alien's mind-control system has not had a lasting effect on you; especially pleased by the way you seem willing to take my views into account. However, I must object to your mention of my *other* adversary - the spineless, gutless, hick from Smallville who has aided and abetted his friend 'Superman' in trying to make me look bad in every possible way he can. Barely important enough to mention, Clark Kent is nothing - nothing but a distraction that Lois has, regrettably, been taken in by. He will not succeed - and never again will he attempt to take my love away from me. Not if he values his life, that is.

In addition, Kaethel, I am afraid that I don't truly understand your question. Lois and a haircut? She had her hair cut months ago - and very attractive it is too, cropped in a pixyish bob up above her chin. Why ever would you think that she wouldn't be safe from a haircut? The next step would be to shave her head bald, which I'm sure she has no intention to do.

If you are referring to the awful chin-length bob she had when I met her, which was slowly replaced by the even worse shoulder-length bob, then I rejoice in telling you that that abomination is long gone.

Paul: I am continually saddened by the shocking effect He has had on you. I tell myself not to take your post to heart, as you do not know what you are saying, but I must tell you now that it is hard.

First of all, I do not know who this 'Loki' is (and I do not want to know) so I have no objection to being called that. However, I have a strong objection to being called 'poor' and 'befuddled'. I AM poor, but in the economical sense of the word, and it is a temporary state, anyway. As for being befuddled, it takes one to know one.

Secondly, I think you are a selective reader. I am not rejecting any offers of friendship (as for pity, the notion of anybody pitying ME is laughable) I have merely stated that I have not ASKED for friendship. One or two individuals who have striven away from His darkness and into My light have offered this already, and I feel I have responded in kind.

I do NOT think you hate me. I think you are not aware of what you are saying, due to His mind-controlling techniques. I do NOT think you are offering friendship in the name of pity. I pity you - you should not pity me, who can see the darkness of Superman's evil clearly.

Thirdly, as I have explained already, my love is still slightly under the influence of the alien. In the midst of her confusion, she has threatened the most abominable things, and I feel that until I have managed to wean her away from his evilness, and her former partner's influence, it is drastically safer to keep her where she is. For the moment, at least.

I resent your mention of Dr. Friskin, though I try to tell myself that you are not in control of what you are saying. In any case, you are transmitting your own feelings onto me. I'm sure a few 'couch sessions' would do you good - perhaps with the excellent Dr. Carlin? She might... persuade you to see things my way.

In the meantime, Superman has not been spotted out and about, looking for Lois and I. In fact, he has not been spotted at all since I took... I mean, since my love came to me. I can only assume that he is sitting somewhere, brooding darkly about his next evil scheme.

Missy: I am afraid that I do not know the answer to your question, not being in the habit of speaking to rats. They are very intelligent animals, but I am almost certain that they wouldn't be so highly evolved as to understand our language, or the concept of writing, as of yet. In any case, rats are too small to hold a pencil.

I see a spark of hope igniting in the far-distant future. With two people already in full support of me, it is only a matter of time before you all 'see the light' as it were. I hope and pray that the journey to that light will not be too arduous.

~Lex.

#175588 11/07/03 07:51 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I haven't got much time. *He's* gone to the bathroom. I need your help! Please, can you help to get me out of here? He has me prisoner! I'm chained to my chair and I can barely move, and I'm sure he's drugging my drinks. I tried refusing to eat at first, but he still wouldn't let me go, and I won't let him make me starve myself to death.

Please help me! You can't call Superman. Please. *He* has Kryptonite, and I know what he wants most of all is for Superman to come down here to rescue me. I can't let that happen. I can't let Superman die!

Clark... Clark, are you out there? Please, Clark, I know I hurt you badly, but I need you so much. Please...

*He's* back - got to go

Loi

#175589 11/07/03 10:11 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/af7d3b69/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/__sr_/Wanda.jpg?bcV.Br_AuBNWNMBT[/img]

...And if you're talkin' about me, Lex (or should I say, "Kent"), I only helped you because I had amnesia. Don't think I'll be dumb enough to help you again.
--Wanda Detroit

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#175590 11/07/03 10:28 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Dear reader, I am shocked to see the level of deceit that that man can rise to. Rest assured that that was NOT posted by my Lois - she is at this very moment smiling at me, her eyes wide and innocent, patting my hand and laughing with me. That person is an IMPOSTER, and when I find out who it is... let's just say that heads will roll.

Wanda, trust me, I wasn't even going to mention your name. You were merely a pawn in a greater game - now that I have my Lois back, you are unnecessary and unimportant.

Please do not let yourself be tricked by that 'LoisLane' woman. Lies, I tell you - all lies, fixed on showing me up to a bad light. Do not let your faith be swerved. I will see you through.

~Lex.

#175591 11/07/03 10:30 AM
Blogger
Blogger
No!! No, he's the liar

a
r
gh!!

#175592 11/07/03 10:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois, good to see you're still alive. I'm sure Clark would love to save you, but he's sort of reluctant and will stay that way for a year or two... time for the disaster to be mended, you see? Blame Lex for letting Tank have his way with your hair!

If you are referring to the awful chin-length bob she had when I met her, which was slowly replaced by the even worse shoulder-length bob, then I rejoice in telling you that that abomination is long gone.
Gasp! Splutter! Thud! eek whinging jawdrop

Kaethel cat

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard